Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted to throw out some lines just to make things a little more interesting today.. thoughts?
    NSU -7.5
    UMD -2

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Did you try unplugging it and plugging it back in?? :)
      Boomer technology advice. I feel like one even though I'm not! :)

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

You've gotta be happy Augie is trying to go D1, right? I'm asking legitimately, not sarcastically.
        Happy? Not sure about that. Augie brings many good things to the conference and their departure leaves a hole that will be tough to fill.

My rants about the conference tournament being "permanently" moved to Sioux Falls has little to do with who gets the benefit, just that the home court advantage can go to someone who didn't earn it. But we don't need to go down that road again. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

No better than before..?

I may have missed something previous to this....but are you using a Roku device (to watch on a TV) or no? I had a bit of trouble with the feed being slow moving last night on the Midco feed (through my Roku), but I watched other portions (while attending a bit Saturday as well)....and I wasn't seeing issues with their coverage/stream. The way Midco covers the games, interviews the players and coaches....it's pretty top notch for D2 athletics. I'd be shocked if the other conferences in the region are providing that level of high production value..multi-camera professional quality video/audio with the other bells and whistles.

When attending games it feels like a big time environment..with the light show and replay screens and the way the arena is appointed. It feels like a big deal for the players and teams..and they all talk about how they look forward to playing at the Pentagon. So....I'd say the tourney being there and the coverage is some of the best in the D2 world. Just my take as a casual viewer.
          You forgot something else......IT'S FREE! To watch the MIAA Tournaments, for example, one must pay $35. And the production quality isn't near as good as what we're getting for free.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

You forgot something else......IT'S FREE! To watch the MIAA Tournaments, for example, one must pay $35. And the production quality isn't near as good as what we're getting for free.
            Yes, having clicked around my Roku for other D2 leagues....we don't have any idea how good we have it with Midco.

As far as the coverage having a Sioux Falls bias feel to it....I'd kinda expect that to a degree, since Midco is based in SF and naturally will know those teams a bit better than squads that get less media coverage or are in smaller markets. No different than how the KC MIAA teams will probably get more shine if the league tourney is being played in that suburban area....versus squads further away. With both Augie and USF being competitve/strong (mens and womens) that'll further boost their look with Midco. There's naturally more of a buzz in the Pentagon when those 2 programs play....and a strong buzz in the arena with NSU plays..which is a buzz their fans create by making the 3 hour drive to SF. (kudos to them)

Comment

• Goaltending

Comment

• Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post

Boomer technology advice. I feel like one even though I'm not! :)

Comment

• If Baumgartner is the only guy on Moorhead who will try and do anything offensively this will be over shortly.

Walthall and Brooks Wells in a one sided stare down

Comment

• Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                    If Baumgartner is the only guy on Moorhead who will try and do anything offensively this will be over shortly.

Walthall and Brooks Wells in a one sided stare down

Comment

• Moorhead with five guys playing 1/1

Comment

• It's like Moorhead had no idea what Northern and Parker Fox want to do on either end. This might've spiraled quickly but now Fox is in foul trouble, again, so they have an opening.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

Yes, having clicked around my Roku for other D2 leagues....we don't have any idea how good we have it with Midco.

As far as the coverage having a Sioux Falls bias feel to it....I'd kinda expect that to a degree, since Midco is based in SF and naturally will know those teams a bit better than squads that get less media coverage or are in smaller markets. No different than how the KC MIAA teams will probably get more shine if the league tourney is being played in that suburban area....versus squads further away. With both Augie and USF being competitve/strong (mens and womens) that'll further boost their look with Midco. There's naturally more of a buzz in the Pentagon when those 2 programs play....and a strong buzz in the arena with NSU plays..which is a buzz their fans create by making the 3 hour drive to SF. (kudos to them)
                          I don't disagree that SOME bias is expected. There was a moment after the Augie loss where listening to the announcers made me wonder if I was mistaken and Augie actually won the game. If you are going to cover the conference tournament, you have to do your homework on all the teams. If you don't, you're doing a disservice to your viewers and to the conference.

That said, Midco does a good job overall. It was simply unwatchable with the buffering and at times, total blackout. I would add that my complaints are a bit nitpicky and I realize that. I have also been one who talks openly how lucky we are as fans to have the chance to watch our teams all season long for free. It's a wonderful thing. I just have to be unhappy about something. :)

Comment

• Outside of some potential foul trouble for Fox, Stark, and King theres nothing that happened in the first half that leads me to believe Northern wont win.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post

I don't disagree that SOME bias is expected. There was a moment after the Augie loss where listening to the announcers made me wonder if I was mistaken and Augie actually won the game. If you are going to cover the conference tournament, you have to do your homework on all the teams. If you don't, you're doing a disservice to your viewers and to the conference.

That said, Midco does a good job overall. It was simply unwatchable with the buffering and at times, total blackout. I would add that my complaints are a bit nitpicky and I realize that. I have also been one who talks openly how lucky we are as fans to have the chance to watch our teams all season long for free. It's a wonderful thing. I just have to be unhappy about something. :)
                              Watching games on my TV through Roku I did have a lot of buffering, but not to the point of being unwatchable. Is Midco to blame for the buffering or other sources? Regular season games have been pretty good as far as buffering go's. There was some Augie- USF bias on the broadcasts, but not egregiously so, The man child Parker Fox was he own show with his antics, he should have been spanked more as a child.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

The regional is free!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X