Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
    Yes, having clicked around my Roku for other D2 leagues....we don't have any idea how good we have it with Midco.

As far as the coverage having a Sioux Falls bias feel to it....I'd kinda expect that to a degree, since Midco is based in SF and naturally will know those teams a bit better than squads that get less media coverage or are in smaller markets. No different than how the KC MIAA teams will probably get more shine if the league tourney is being played in that suburban area....versus squads further away. With both Augie and USF being competitve/strong (mens and womens) that'll further boost their look with Midco. There's naturally more of a buzz in the Pentagon when those 2 programs play....and a strong buzz in the arena with NSU plays..which is a buzz their fans create by making the 3 hour drive to SF. (kudos to them)
    Some of that familiarity is to be expected. What gets me is the open on air weeping when it becomes apparent that Augie and the Coo are about o lose the current game. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post

I don't disagree that SOME bias is expected. There was a moment after the Augie loss where listening to the announcers made me wonder if I was mistaken and Augie actually won the game. If you are going to cover the conference tournament, you have to do your homework on all the teams. If you don't, you're doing a disservice to your viewers and to the conference.

That said, Midco does a good job overall. It was simply unwatchable with the buffering and at times, total blackout. I would add that my complaints are a bit nitpicky and I realize that. I have also been one who talks openly how lucky we are as fans to have the chance to watch our teams all season long for free. It's a wonderful thing. I just have to be unhappy about something. :)
      I bought the whole year MIAA package about the time of Football's Media day (IIRC $110 for every school, every sport, every broadcast) broadcast quality, for the most part, has been really good...funny how the feed for the game can be so blurry you can't see who the players are...yet the commercials are CRYSTAL CLEAR. Very seldom had any buffering issues, if they were there it was only one time or two. The only bad quality viewing was the feed from Emporia State and Mo Southern. I like when they use the radio broadcasters rather than the students. They are still biased, but at least they put on a semi to fully professional broadcast and have done some homework on the visiting team. Many of the student driven commentaries are horrendous.

Also, as a subscriber, when I've complained I've gotten zero refund or even a sorry...only time I got a response, was, that's not our fault! Ugh.

Comment

• BAHH GAWWD that's NSIC ref and noted egomaniac Mark Riggs's music!!!

Incredibly disappointed to see Pete Larsen, the official at the center of the Riemersma/King hook and hold review, is rewarded for his incompetence with the opportunity to work this game.

Comment

• Kelby Kramer and Illikainen going at it early on.

Is Brandon Myer hurt? He doesnt look right.

Comment

• Seales

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
              Seales
              In his bag

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Watching games on my TV through Roku I did have a lot of buffering, but not to the point of being unwatchable. Is Midco to blame for the buffering or other sources? Regular season games have been pretty good as far as buffering go's. There was some Augie- USF bias on the broadcasts, but not egregiously so, The man child Parker Fox was he own show with his antics, he should have been spanked more as a child.
                When people are watching Midco broadcasts (as a cable station) on their Midco Sports channel, there isn't buffering..no. So it's a Stretch Internet thing, which isn't uncommon during football season..honestly they are the biggest issue with the production coming through right on the roku/pc.

Comment

• MSU-39-33 at the break. 15 point lead got cut down pretty fast.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

Yes, having clicked around my Roku for other D2 leagues....we don't have any idea how good we have it with Midco.

As far as the coverage having a Sioux Falls bias feel to it....I'd kinda expect that to a degree, since Midco is based in SF and naturally will know those teams a bit better than squads that get less media coverage or are in smaller markets. No different than how the KC MIAA teams will probably get more shine if the league tourney is being played in that suburban area....versus squads further away. With both Augie and USF being competitve/strong (mens and womens) that'll further boost their look with Midco. There's naturally more of a buzz in the Pentagon when those 2 programs play....and a strong buzz in the arena with NSU plays..which is a buzz their fans create by making the 3 hour drive to SF. (kudos to them)
                    Which MIAA teams are in KC? ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                      BAHH GAWWD that's NSIC ref and noted egomaniac Mark Riggs's music!!!

Incredibly disappointed to see Pete Larsen, the official at the center of the Riemersma/King hook and hold review, is rewarded for his incompetence with the opportunity to work this game.
                      A long long time ago (like 12-15 years past), played against him in travel ball (men's slowpitch) and his Tharaldson's team....which was composed of some of the top players in the upper midwest. They'd routinely walk through the McQuades tourney (Bismarck, ND..400 teams). They were the top men's slowpitch squad in the upper midwest for a time..and won an ASA Nationals in 2009 (or so) down in OKC. I wanna say he ran the team during the window of time..but they had 3 guys from Sioux Falls (best players) and others from various towns. A bunch of ex college athletes..SS played baseball at UND, etc etc.

Riggs is 3rd guy on the top right.

https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/re...-a-csicablenet

Comment

• Comment

• The MIAA takes 10 teams to KC. 4 teams don't make the tourney. The first 6 get a bye into the final 8. #7 plays #10 and #8 plays #9 to get in the 8 team field. #1 is NWMS. They play the winner of Central Oklahoma and Lincoln in the 8/9 game. #2 is Rogers St. They play the winner of UN-Kearney and Pitt St. in the 7/10 game. #3 is MO Southern. They play #6 Northeastern St and #4 is MO West. They play #5 Washburn. If Rogers and Mo South play well they will be in the tourney. If they get beat out early and there are some upsets then they could be left out. Otherwise, I think those 3 teams will get in unless someone else wins the MIAA tourney or there are some major upsets in the other two conf. tourneys. Obviously, NWMS is a lock and has clinched the #1 seed in the Regional meaning they will host in my opinion.

Comment

• Seales. Clubbin em

Comment

• Corvon Seales shouldve been POY

Comment

• Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                                Corvon Seales shouldve been POY
                                Performer of the year

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...