Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Women’s National Tournament Bracket

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Women’s National Tournament Bracket

    St. Cloud comes up and steals a bid as the 10 seed in the region to get the automatic bid!
    What can we expect to play out in the MIAA and GAC tournaments and that impacts the region?

  • #2
    I would say Kearney (9th) & Western (not ranked) have the best chance to play spoiler and take a spot of someone in the top 8.

    I expect Emporia to win the tournament. The Hornets haven't won the last 2 but they won each of the 5 years before.

    Hays stopped a 7 year losing streak for the top seed last year. Washburn in 2012 was the last top seed to win before Hays.

    The #1 seeded Jennies have not won the tournament since 1990, 30 years ago.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Randy View Post
      I would say Kearney (9th) & Western (not ranked) have the best chance to play spoiler and take a spot of someone in the top 8.

      I expect Emporia to win the tournament. The Hornets haven't won the last 2 but they won each of the 5 years before.

      Hays stopped a 7 year losing streak for the top seed last year. Washburn in 2012 was the last top seed to win before Hays.

      The #1 seeded Jennies have not won the tournament since 1990, 30 years ago.
      I think the Jennies win it; they've been by far the most consistent team all year. But it's wide open if they stumble.

      Comment


      • #4
        The MIAA will have #1 ranked CentralMO play #4 Emporia for the championship so no MIAA team will steal a bid. With the Jennies making the championship game, #2 ranked Duluth lost the NSIC championship game & #3 Sioux Falls in the semi's, I would guess the Jennies will host the regional.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Randy View Post
          The MIAA will have #1 ranked CentralMO play #4 Emporia for the championship so no MIAA team will steal a bid. With the Jennies making the championship game, #2 ranked Duluth lost the NSIC championship game & #3 Sioux Falls in the semi's, I would guess the Jennies will host the regional.
          No brainer

          Comment


          • #6
            Wonder if Emporia did enough to jump Sioux Falls. I certainly hope so because I do not want to see a UCM - Emporia semi final. I also think Hays has done enough to stay in the tourney. SEO should move up with St. Cloud being the 8th seed.

            Oh, and I wish to welcome everyone to the 'Burg. Jennies are tough to beat at home and I hope that continues next weekend.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Gorilla John 92 View Post
              Wonder if Emporia did enough to jump Sioux Falls. I certainly hope so because I do not want to see a UCM - Emporia semi final. I also think Hays has done enough to stay in the tourney. SEO should move up with St. Cloud being the 8th seed.

              Oh, and I wish to welcome everyone to the 'Burg. Jennies are tough to beat at home and I hope that continues next weekend.
              I don't know about USF, but I will say, UMD and SCSU are some of the better teams I've seen in recent years when playing their best. Also, haven't seen any women hoops outside of nsic this year so...fo what it's worth.

              Comment


              • #8
                Does UNK sneak in some how??
                Congrats UCM for winning the MIAA.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Nm
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Otis Day; 03-08-2020, 08:19 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Central Region
                    1- Central Missouri
                    8- SW OK
                    4- Emporia State
                    5- SE OK
                    2- Minnesota Duluth
                    7 - Fort Hays State
                    6 - St. Cloud State
                    3 - Sioux Falls

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Something something, hard to beat a team 3 times in a season right?? USF playing St. Cloud who really dominated their game in the NSIC tourney last week knocking out the Coo in the semis.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        the lower half of the bracket is rematches. FHSU and Duluth played each other at the beginning of the year with a narrow win by FHSU 59-51.

                        I would like to hear thoughts (from the committee if I could but also you who follow women's basketball) on some of the seeding:
                        -St.Cloud jumping from 10 to 6 and no other changes from other NSIC schools even though the upset.
                        - FHSU drops to 7 with a win against a decent Pitt team and a loss to CMU.
                        - SE OK makes a jump up two spots without playing anyone additional in regional ranks due to upsets in their conference tournament. They played the following conference seedings: #8, #5(OT win by 3), and #6.
                        Also wondering where UNK landed and how close to them getting in??

                        Last weeks regional compared to seeding in bracket seems interesting to me with what played out over conference tournaments:
                        1 - 1 won MIAA tournament
                        2 - 2 lost in NSIC final St. Cloud
                        3 - 3 lost in semis to St. Cloud
                        4 - 4 lost in MIAA final to CMU
                        5 - 8 lost in first round of GAC to eventual runner up
                        6 - 7 lost in semifinal to CMU
                        7 - 5 Won the GAC against lower seeds as previously stated
                        8 - out lost in first round of GAC
                        9 - out lost to Emporia in MIAA semifinal
                        10 - 6 won NSIC

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          TigerAlum here are my thoughts!

                          My seeding would be as follows:

                          1. Central Missouri (Miaa auto)
                          2. Minnesota Duluth
                          3. Emporia State
                          4. Sioux Falls
                          5. Fort Hays State
                          6. Southeastern Oklahoma State (Gac auto)
                          7. Nebraska Kearney
                          8. St. Cloud State (nsic auto)

                          9. Southwestern Oklahoma State
                          10. Missouri Western

                          I can reasonably even see where Sioux Falls flips to 3 & Emporia State flips to 4 due to Sioux Falls head to head over Emporia State but if the committee does that then I will slip Fort Hays down to 6 & Southeastern Oklahoma State to 5 so you avoid conference matchups in the 1st round. I definitely have Kearney in but what usually happens is the committee tries to appease all conferences by making sure they get at least 2 bids. I can even make the argument that if the committee wanted just 3 teams out of the MIAA that Kearney should’ve been the 3rd by virtue of 2 wins over Hays, however I wouldn’t have made that argument because I think Hays does deserve a regional spot as well as Kearney. My feeling is Kearney finished 9th in rankings so they would’ve got in if St. Cloud hadn’t of won the nsic. Southwestern Oklahoma State is the team that shouldn’t be going to Warrensburg (instead it should be UNK) when you look at some of their losses to bad or mediocre teams. Hopefully Southwestern Oklahoma State proves me wrong & shows up on Friday & beats UCM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            St Cloud did beat the #2 & #3 team in the region to win the title. That probably had something to do with their jump from 10 to 6. Neither Hays or Kearney beat a ranked opponent last week.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Randy View Post
                              St Cloud did beat the #2 & #3 team in the region to win the title. That probably had something to do with their jump from 10 to 6. Neither Hays or Kearney beat a ranked opponent last week.
                              That’s true, but looking at the seedings I wouldn’t be very happy if I am Sioux Falls as the higher seed having to play a conference opponent that they have lost to twice this year. Revenge can be sweet if they can win this game however the committee easily could’ve avoided that matchup in the 1st round either by moving Emporia State to #3 or St. Cloud as #8. St. Cloud got a gift seed of #6 as they wouldn’t of even been in the regional without the nsic tourney championship mostly by virtue of 2 absolutely atrocious losses to the teams that finished #13 & #15 out of 16 teams in the nsic the weekend before the nsic tournament began.

                              Comment

                              Ad3

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X