Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm curious to see the much ballyhooed Summit tourney attendance without the local schools playing.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
      I'm curious to see the much ballyhooed Summit tourney attendance without the local schools playing.
      It is not going to be good....

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
        I didn't really expect SNU and SEOSU to get the 2 and 3 seeds (as you can see from my predictions), but that might have just been my pessimism. The numbers from 2-5 are all close enough together that it shouldn't be surprising for the committee to have applied the head-to-heads by both GAC teams over NSU.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
          Oh no...we have spent two plus years of hearing about the Augie recruiting and standard and superiority...no one said one player, it was the depth and the stellar recruiting. I'm not talking about hype when Augie won it all...I'm talking about hype, something built without knowing what is going to happen. I have downplayed the hype of recruiting for years, because know one knows how anyone will turn out.

Sorry it hurts so bad to be on the receiving end, maybe you'll take note since we have all had to listen for so long.

Without Parker or any starter, the Wolves would have been basically six deep. We, nor any coach saw the Wolves winning like they did, the poll and our own words speak for themselves.

I'm not saying it is a higher standard from me, we aren't the ones aiming for D1.

As I've said, Northern travels and follows well for D2 but not like we are all that loud and raucous, but you can't take the things said by the Summit boss man and then look at Augie getting outdrawn, in sioux falls and with no student section and think it doesn't come into play.

I've said from the beginning Augie will do just fine in the overall scheme of they can get in the Summit, and that SF money bags will absolutely be on board and finance this move. So don't mix up the feelings here, it just nice to be where you were for awhile.
          There's actually not a ton in this I disagree with. Other than the "sorry it hurts so bad to be on the receiving end" line. I don't feel like anything hurts. We just didn't do as well as we had hoped we would. I do think getting your starting point guard and Freshman of the Year stolen by a D1 in the offseason and losing your best player (Cartwright) and returning occasional starting big man (Hanson) to injury throughout the year are legitimate issues, regardless of suggested depth. I understand if you don't see them as valid though.

Regarding recruiting hype, it was mainly that group of 5 that would've been sophomores this year (Schaefer, Plitzuweit, Lebrun, Hanson, and Tiedmann) that got a lot of the hype that quietly bothered you so much. Plitzuweit proved to live up to the hype before leaving, and Lebrun has been solid/above average so far, Hanson was injured most of this year but was great at times last year, Schaefer had an unforeseen drop-off, and I don't know that Tiedmann was ever expected to be a major piece, but was a good inclusion for that recruiting class. On paper, that was a really solid class. I still think it is, really, but things obviously haven't fully come together like Augie fans had hoped with this group. Probably too many similarities with our last good core group and I suppose some of us (me at least, for sure) probably got a little too excited about running that back again. Such is the life of being a fan, I guess.

I'm still excited for next year. Should be fun, whether it's our last year in D2 or not. Either way, NWMSU will probably kill everyone anyway if McCollum is still there.

Comment

OBU went a combined 3-2 against SNU and SEOSU (as did Henderson State, for what that's worth).

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Speaking of that. It's hilarious to read NW fans complain about Cam Martin not being called for fouls only to follow that up and read Southern fans complaining that he gets fouled on every possession. Southern fans are pretty peeved about the crowd booing Martin on the all-tournament selection.

Comment

[QUOTE=Thunder;n490651]

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

It wasn't in the Mavericks favor so I'm sure it was awful. Been working a lot with my CHILDREN on the whole yelling at refs things. Let me know if you want to sit in.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

Huh?

Comment

Oh boy, it sounds like Cam Martin vs Parker Fox will be appointment viewing.

Comment

Originally posted by Devin Albertson View Post
                        he is a heck of a player. Him and Clark were both well deserving of the all tournament team.
                        But yes, Cam likes to go through people in the post and is very good at it.
                        Is this the same Cam Martin who massacred my Mavs last year in Mankato for 49 points in an OT win? I suppose I should have been booing him for beating my team, but my jaw had dropped so far because of his total domination prevented me from doing so. Mister Wizard can vouch for me on this.
                        Last edited by laker; 03-09-2020, 06:53 AM.

Comment

RS vs SEO opens at noon
                          S Naz vs Hend to follow
                          NW vs OB 6:00 pm
                          NS vs MS to follow
                          Last edited by NWFanatic; 03-09-2020, 08:50 AM.

Comment

The other bad part of this seeding (that plays no part in the committees decision) is that Southern and NSU will have the most visiting fans of any of the other teams and are now playing in same Saturday session as NW so good luck with getting a seat or even a ticket to the first round.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Speaking of that. It's hilarious to read NW fans complain about Cam Martin not being called for fouls only to follow that up and read Southern fans complaining that he gets fouled on every possession. Southern fans are pretty peeved about the crowd booing Martin on the all-tournament selection.
                              I get the reaction of both fan bases: Martin does not get called for as many fouls as he deserves (I wonder if he's the second coming of Mahatma Gandhi, because for all the violence that occurs around him he's apparently rarely guilty of it himself). He probably also gets fouled more than opponents get whistled.

I don't get booing him on the all-tournament team, though, unless there's more to the story. That just seems petty, especially after the Bearcats won the game.

Comment

With how closely Northern, Southern Nazarene, and SE Oklahoma were in metrics by the RPI, performance indicator, SOS, etc. it is crazy to me that Northern didn't get the 2 seed. The fact the committee would use a "tie breaker" of a head to head match up 30 games ago (when Mason Stark was coming off the bench), as opposed to a regular season Conference Champion AND Conference Tourney champ in which Northern had little trouble after the always-close rivalry matchup vs. Augie.

I get that the NSIC was down as a whole this year, but if there is no way a conference tournament can help a team move up seeding, then what is the point? If Southern Nazarene and SE Oklahoma met in the Championship of the conference tourney, I could have lived with getting the 4 seed. Since neither of them even made it, it's a pretty big blunder by the committee, IMO.

That being said, if you want to win the Region and go to the National tourney, going to have to beat all the teams at some point anyways. Looking like it will be Northern vs. the MIAA if they want to go to the National tourney (Mo Southern, then NW Missouri, then Rogers St).

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X