Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

I can watch Paul SaTTher get T'd up and make terrible jokes at the same time. You're welcome.
    Fighting Sathers with a W, enjoy your viewing

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

And many people think the refs in the NSIC are bad. That was atrocious.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

It wasn't in the Mavericks favor so I'm sure it was awful. Been working a lot with my CHILDREN on the whole yelling at refs things. Let me know if you want to sit in.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Comment

If the Vikes end up in the Summit League, it will be good to be playing him again.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

If the Vikes end up in the Summit League, it will be good to be playing him again.
              If not living up to hype in d2 is in your application, I wish you all the best

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman View Post

Yep! I posted same on other places on the internets.
                Speaking of that. It's hilarious to read NW fans complain about Cam Martin not being called for fouls only to follow that up and read Southern fans complaining that he gets fouled on every possession. Southern fans are pretty peeved about the crowd booing Martin on the all-tournament selection.

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman View Post

Really starting to feel like D2 regional committees are going out of their way now to validate their existence and value to the process. And leaving little doubt about their lack of credibility instead.
                  I don't know much about basketball....so this is speaking theoretically.

The process is only as good to follow if the process is the best way to determine the best eight teams. If the process is flawed, the selections are flawed, no matter how closely the process was followed.

Comment

Huh?

Comment

Ah yes. I love how Augie seems to be the only school in the conference that can basically go the whole season without its best player, yet that fact somehow gets entirely disregarded. I suppose it's your indirect way of saying we've earned being held to that higher standard. :)

Would have loved to see how the Wolves would've finished this year if Parker Fox played five games healthy, three or four games very injured, and then sat rest of the season. I'm sure they still would've won the conference and earned a 4-seed in the Regional.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

Ah yes. I love how Augie seems to be the only school in the conference that can basically go the whole season without its best player, yet that fact somehow gets entirely disregarded. I suppose it's your indirect way of saying we've earned being held to that higher standard. :)

Would have loved to see how the Wolves would've finished this year if Parker Fox played five games healthy, three or four games very injured, and then sat rest of the season. I'm sure they still would've won the conference and earned a 4-seed in the Regional.
                        Heck, that may have earned them the 3 seed. :)

Comment

Joking aside, I do appreciate UND winning. My mild dislike for Sather is severely outweighed by my very sincere and aggressive dislike of USD/Todd Lee. Seeing them get taken out in the first round made me exceedingly happy. That combined with SDSU's loss last night is about the only thing that partially redeemed my disappointment at the Vikes not making the postseason this year.

Comment

Oh, and the Vikes also happen to have decent experience living up to the hype in D2...

https://espn991.com/mens-basketball-...preseason-poll

http://www.augie.edu/admission/go-viking-magazine/national-champions

Not to go full Winona glory days on it, but since it's relevant to the conversation at hand, I figured I'd throw it in there.

Comment

=MrAugustana;n490633]

Would have loved to see how the Wolves would've finished this year if Parker Fox played five games healthy, three or four games very injured, and then sat rest of the season. I'm sure they still would've won the conference and earned a 4-seed in the Regional.[/QUOTE]

Oh no...we have spent two plus years of hearing about the Augie recruiting and standard and superiority...no one said one player, it was the depth and the stellar recruiting. I'm not talking about hype when Augie won it all...I'm talking about hype, something built without knowing what is going to happen. I have downplayed the hype of recruiting for years, because know one knows how anyone will turn out.

Sorry it hurts so bad to be on the receiving end, maybe you'll take note since we have all had to listen for so long.

Without Parker or any starter, the Wolves would have been basically six deep. We, nor any coach saw the Wolves winning like they did, the poll and our own words speak for themselves.

I'm not saying it is a higher standard from me, we aren't the ones aiming for D1.

As I've said, Northern travels and follows well for D2 but not like we are all that loud and raucous, but you can't take the things said by the Summit boss man and then look at Augie getting outdrawn, in sioux falls and with no student section and think it doesn't come into play.

I've said from the beginning Augie will do just fine in the overall scheme of they can get in the Summit, and that SF money bags will absolutely be on board and finance this move. So don't mix up the feelings here, it just nice to be where you were for awhile.

Comment

I didn't really expect SNU and SEOSU to get the 2 and 3 seeds (as you can see from my predictions), but that might have just been my pessimism. The numbers from 2-5 are all close enough together that it shouldn't be surprising for the committee to have applied the head-to-heads by both GAC teams over NSU.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X