Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK- the three Puerto Rico schools are in the South region- Bluefield & Salem International are in the Atlantic, and Oakland City is in the Midwest.

Above post has now been edited to reflect that.

https://web3.ncaa.org/directory/memb...&sportCode=MBB

Comment

I didn't watch the game at all. I saw highlights and heard like three minutes on the radio and heard a review and a foul. I incorrectly thought they had issued a flagrant, especially when I saw the video. I am no expert on basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
        I am no expert on basketball.
        Most people who claim that they are aren't either..............

I was always amazed at people who would come up to me when I was coaching AFTER a game who started out the conversation with a "Well, I know a little bit about basketball............" They should have stopped right there.

Comment

This is the video I was mentioning. I thought he got a flagrant for what happened at the :35 mark. I'm also curious what everyone's opinion is about the action at the :25 mark. Should that be a charge since he lowered his shoulder? Should it be a foul on the defender? Is it a good no-call?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by #WolvesNation View Post

Just out of curiosity, does anyone think that the NSIC having 16 teams hurts them for the SOS/OW%, especially in a down year? In Northern's case, they were forced to play UMary, Crookston, Minot, St Cloud, and Bemidji State twice each being that they're in the North of the conference. All those teams are below .500 and account for 10 of Northern's wins. I know the GAC has 12 teams, but didn't look as to how many times each team plays each other in conference.

It feels like the top part of the conference is competitive and "looks" the same record-wise as the GAC, but wondering if the large conference and volume of playing bad conference teams brings them down?
              The GAC plays a 22-game conference schedule, two games vs each of the other eleven.

Comment

I don't know about that... I see two guys trying to get the inside position and getting tangled up. That sh*t happens all the time. Yes, Martin shed him, and he did get whistled for it. They went to the monitor to see if there was something more there... There wasn't. We hit the 3 and got the ball back... shouldn't we be cheering Martin for that one?

Comment

Looked like it took two to tango on that one. Only one guy finished it, but they were both involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                    This is the video I was mentioning. I thought he got a flagrant for what happened at the :35 mark. I'm also curious what everyone's opinion is about the action at the :25 mark. Should that be a charge since he lowered his shoulder? Should it be a foul on the defender? Is it a good no-call?

Not flagrant and good no call.

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post

OK- bear with me here, I'm going on some info from last year. I also may have missed where a school has women's but not men's basketball like in the Conference Carolinas with Converse and the GMAC with Ursuline. There also could be some teams who moved conferences so this is basic.

Atlantic: 44
                      CIAA 12, MEC 12, PSAC 18- plus two independents in Bluefield State and Salem International.

Central: 42
                      GAC 12, MIAA 14, NSIC 16

East: 38
                      CACC 14, East Coast 10, Northeast 10 14

Midwest: 38
                      GLIAC 12, GVLC 13, GMAC 12 men's, 13 women's plus independent Oakland City

South:42
                      Gulf South 13, SIAC 15, Sunshine State 11 plus 3 independent Puerto Rico schools.

South Central: 34
                      Lone Star 19, RMAC 15. The Heartland is no longer.

Southeast: 35
                      Conference Carolinas 10 men's, 11 women's, Peach Belt 12, SAC 13

West: 34
                      CCAA 12, GNAC 10, Pacific West 12

There are also six independents listed. I'm not sure who goes where. There are three Puerto Rico school, Bluefield State and Salem International both in West Virginia and Oakland City in Indiana. Someone can help us out here. The problem is that the numbers will never be even because you don't want to split up a conference.

Edit- those six have now been included.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

I don't know about that... I see two guys trying to get the inside position and getting tangled up. That sh*t happens all the time. Yes, Martin shed him, and he did get whistled for it. They went to the monitor to see if there was something more there... There wasn't. We hit the 3 and got the ball back... shouldn't we be cheering Martin for that one?
                        Yeah, the finish makes it look worse than it was.

Comment

• Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
                          The other bad part of this seeding (that plays no part in the committees decision) is that Southern and NSU will have the most visiting fans of any of the other teams and are now playing in same Saturday session as NW so good luck with getting a seat or even a ticket to the first round.
                          Will make for a fun, but chaotic Saturday night.

Comment

• I'm not sure the number of teams in the region matters as much as the number of conferences and quality teams. In most regions, there are 3 teams. That's 3 auto-bids.
                            There are a few regions that seem to be stacked every year - Midwest, Central, West. Others seem to be pretty light with a couple dominant teams, like East, Southeast, Atlantic.
                            Having 3 auto-bids gives 3 lower teams the chance to get in, if they can get hot at the right time. In the Midwest, it seems like there are always 3-4 teams that SHOULD have made it, while an autobid or two pushed somebody out. Doesn't really have anything to do with the number of teams in the region, but more to do with how many top-tier contenders are concentrated in one area. I'm not sure how they'd fix that unless they did away with the regionalization all together and went wit 64 bids at large across the country.

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post
                              OK- the three Puerto Rico schools are in the South region- Bluefield & Salem International are in the Atlantic, and Oakland City is in the Midwest.

Above post has now been edited to reflect that.

https://web3.ncaa.org/directory/memb...&sportCode=MBB
                              For all intents and purposes, the Puerto Rico schools don't exist in basketball. They're not eligible for the postseason and don't count as D2 opponents for anyone.

Also, in the South Central, the RMAC has 16 members while the LSC has 18 for men's basketball and 19 total with Texas Woman's (but still only 18 in women's basketball, as Dallas Baptist doesn't sponsor it).

Comment

• Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

Not flagrant and good no call.
                                Thank you. I will argue about football all day but always defer in basketball.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X