Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

I will admit part of me was worried I had missed an elaborate, yet funny, joke by you. Thank you for assuaging those fears.
    For what it's worth, Massey has NWMSU as only a one point underdog if hosting Wake...who finished last in the ACC

Comment

• Originally posted by Taxman View Post

Huge fan of both. The current form of each team, how they matchup, and styles of play it is not out of the question NW could overcome the 6 pt deficit when they met earlier this season. That outcome wasn't a fluke.
      I suppose you'd hold the same opinion of UCM taking down the Bearcats?

Comment

• He says that every year they beat the reigning D2 champ. This is the comedy I needed to start my Wednesday. Thanks guys.

Comment

I will admit part of me was worried I had missed an elaborate, yet funny, joke by you. Thank you for assuaging those fears.
          Is this real life? Now the Northwest crew think they could hold their own in the ACC? This is gold.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSUguy View Post

Is this real life? Now the Northwest crew think they could hold their own in the ACC? This is gold.
            Be careful, don't judge the whole group by a few posts.

Comment

He says that every year they beat the reigning D2 champ. This is the comedy I needed to start my Wednesday. Thanks guys.
              Maybe so....please post an example. When was the last time they only beat the D2 champ by les than 10 pts rather than 30 to 50 or more?

Comment

• It's getting deep in here. Let's enjoy our D2 success and be real about it. Let's also remember the Duke game was around 18-19 points for a large chunk of the 2nd half as Coach K was shuffling players in and out and playing an "exhibition" game. He played 11 guys, while we played our 6 the entire game after Finley got hurt.... we made a furious comeback, behind Trevor, at the end to get the final score. It wouldn't have been a 6 point game in a "real" setting. I love the Bearcats, I love the players we have, I love the way we play, I love the no quit effort we played with in that game, but you all are being silly. I absolutely hate Duke, but we play Duke 10 times in games that mean something, maybe we can win 1? I'm not even convinced of that... more probable, we only have one that's within 6 points.

Coach K is going to say nice things about every D2 opponent they play. Yes, I do think he was impressed with Hudgins and I think he got a little nervous at the end of that game, because it did get tight. He had a smile on his face and was being playful when he said that about Hudgens going pro... he also said good things about Hawkins, but geez, take it in the context of what it really was... an exhibition game against a very good D2 team. They got tested at the end and did what they needed to do. If we do get an oppurtunity to run it back next season, he may keep the throttle down and not let it get close, because despite how good Northwest has been, it would still be a somewhat embarassing loss for Duke.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

For what it's worth, Massey has NWMSU as only a one point underdog if hosting Wake...who finished last in the ACC
                  That wouldn't happen to be the same Wake team that beat Duke here at the end of the season now would it? Asking for a friend.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

I suppose you'd hold the same opinion of UCM taking down the Bearcats?
                    NW played really poorly in that game to lose to that talent depleted UCM squad. Showed a floor one wouldn't have thought would've existed. Take note of the results since.

Comment

• Originally posted by Taxman View Post

That wouldn't happen to be the same Wake team that beat Duke here at the end of the season now would it? Asking for a friend.
                      If we're judging teams based on their worst games then Central Mo would beat Duke by 6 since they beat NW Mo by 12. You know what that means......

EXTEND COACH KARLESKINT!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post
                        It's getting deep in here. Let's enjoy our D2 success and be real about it. Let's also remember the Duke game was around 18-19 points for a large chunk of the 2nd half as Coach K was shuffling players in and out and playing an "exhibition" game. He played 11 guys, while we played our 6 the entire game after Finley got hurt.... we made a furious comeback, behind Trevor, at the end to get the final score. It wouldn't have been a 6 point game in a "real" setting. I love the Bearcats, I love the players we have, I love the way we play, I love the no quit effort we played with in that game, but you all are being silly. I absolutely hate Duke, but we play Duke 10 times in games that mean something, maybe we can win 1? I'm not even convinced of that... more probable, we only have one that's within 6 points.

Coach K is going to say nice things about every D2 opponent they play. Yes, I do think he was impressed with Hudgins and I think he got a little nervous at the end of that game, because it did get tight. He had a smile on his face and was being playful when he said that about Hudgens going pro... he also said good things about Hawkins, but geez, take it in the context of what it really was... an exhibition game against a very good D2 team. They got tested at the end and did what they needed to do. If we do get an oppurtunity to run it back next season, he may keep the throttle down and not let it get close, because despite how good Northwest has been, it would still be a somewhat embarassing loss for Duke.
                        He's played 10 dudes the entire season. And now Robinson has started playing the last few games as well.

This is more of a personal thing for me being a huge long time fan of both. Watching Duke play right now is nails on chalk board. It is bad basketball. And on the other hand you have a team playing at the stylistic peak the sport has to offer. Give me the Massey/Vegas line and I'm puttin a C-note on the Cats to cover.

A few days later after Duke beat NW by 6, Duke would go on to beat KS. That isn't happening now. Duke peaked in early November. Again.

Comment

If we're judging teams based on their worst games then Central Mo would beat Duke by 6 since they beat NW Mo by 12. You know what that means......

You mean that hasn't happened yet!! I thought he was supposed to be fired before the AD went to the MIAA tourney. :)

Comment

Hell no. Styles make fights. The rest of the ACC actually has toughness.

Comment

Coach K > Coach K!

Comment

• Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X