Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post
    It's getting deep in here. Let's enjoy our D2 success and be real about it. Let's also remember the Duke game was around 18-19 points for a large chunk of the 2nd half as Coach K was shuffling players in and out and playing an "exhibition" game. He played 11 guys, while we played our 6 the entire game after Finley got hurt.... we made a furious comeback, behind Trevor, at the end to get the final score. It wouldn't have been a 6 point game in a "real" setting. I love the Bearcats, I love the players we have, I love the way we play, I love the no quit effort we played with in that game, but you all are being silly. I absolutely hate Duke, but we play Duke 10 times in games that mean something, maybe we can win 1? I'm not even convinced of that... more probable, we only have one that's within 6 points.

Coach K is going to say nice things about every D2 opponent they play. Yes, I do think he was impressed with Hudgins and I think he got a little nervous at the end of that game, because it did get tight. He had a smile on his face and was being playful when he said that about Hudgens going pro... he also said good things about Hawkins, but geez, take it in the context of what it really was... an exhibition game against a very good D2 team. They got tested at the end and did what they needed to do. If we do get an oppurtunity to run it back next season, he may keep the throttle down and not let it get close, because despite how good Northwest has been, it would still be a somewhat embarassing loss for Duke.
    Thank God for some sanity in here. If I knew how to do the facepalm emoji in here I would put ten of them.

Hudgins and Hawkins could play for many D1 schools.

NW is not finishing .500 in ACC, especially playing 6-7 guys. NW is not beating Duke. We exceeded expectations in October with a Duke team that probably overlooked the D2 team coming in.

NW would compete well in many mid-major conferences and could play with/beat some bad teams in major conferences.

The rest of this is why other fans give NW fans such a hard time for being over the top.

Comment

• Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

Thank God for some sanity in here. If I knew how to do the facepalm emoji in here I would put ten of them.

Hudgins and Hawkins could play for many D1 schools.

NW is not finishing .500 in ACC, especially playing 6-7 guys. NW is not beating Duke. We exceeded expectations in October with a Duke team that probably overlooked the D2 team coming in.

NW would compete well in many mid-major conferences and could play with/beat some bad teams in major conferences.

The rest of this is why other fans give NW fans such a hard time for being over the top.
      Bingo. I've said many times at the very least the top team (some years more) would be very competitive in say, the Summit. The separation there exists but not by a ton. When talking ACC though...whole different world.

Comment

• Last edited by Alfred33; 03-11-2020, 09:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Taxman View Post

He's played 10 dudes the entire season. And now Robinson has started playing the last few games as well.

This is more of a personal thing for me being a huge long time fan of both. Watching Duke play right now is nails on chalk board. It is bad basketball. And on the other hand you have a team playing at the stylistic peak the sport has to offer. Give me the Massey/Vegas line and I'm puttin a C-note on the Cats to cover.

A few days later after Duke beat NW by 6, Duke would go on to beat KS. That isn't happening now. Duke peaked in early November. Again.
          As a fan, you're obviously down on your Dukies, but if they were coming here to play this weekend, they'd walk through everybody including us on their way to D2 glory.

Comment

• Comment

• [/QUOTE]

While you all will certainly not want this to happen, I would think the Missouri job will eventually be something Ben would consider and Missouri certainly should, right? Maybe they think they are above hiring a d2 again, but just something I thought of.

Note, unlike my nsic counterparts, I will not be starting rumors of his move by way of wishful thinking. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

While you all will certainly not want this to happen, I would think the Missouri job will eventually be something Ben would consider and Missouri certainly should, right? Maybe they think they are above hiring a d2 again, but just something I thought of.

Note, unlike my nsic counterparts, I will not be starting rumors of his move by way of wishful thinking. ;)
                I don't think Mizzou fans would stand for another D2 hiring. Anderson was not only very successful at the lower level but was a True Son (honest to God, that's how they talk!), and they couldn't run him out fast enough.

Comment

• While you all will certainly not want this to happen, I would think the Missouri job will eventually be something Ben would consider and Missouri certainly should, right? Maybe they think they are above hiring a d2 again, but just something I thought of.

Note, unlike my nsic counterparts, I will not be starting rumors of his move by way of wishful thinking. ;)[/QUOTE]

Anybody know of any D2 to Power 5 moves that have been successful...no stop in between, just that big jump?

I'm not a MU fan...I laughed when they made the move to hire KA.

Didn't Mo State fire their coach? Now, I could see Ben getting some interest from them.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE

It wouldn't happen for at least a year. They can't fire Cuonzo without cause, and apparently having a sucky basketball team isn't "cause", without having to pay him 6 million dollars. If they continue to hire and fire coaches after 3-4 years, the stability of the job won't look very good to any of the good coaches our fans think they should be attracting. No one with a name wants that job right now anyway, but you can't convince most Mizzou fans of that.

As far as Ben goes, as much as I like the guy and that might be be intriguing to me as a NW fan, I think the majority of the Mizzou fan base would go absolutely ape sh*t if they went that route again. I can't see Mizzou giving him a serious look, even if they should based on his resume. I don't want them to. Kim Anderson played there and was on Norm Stewart's staff for years and years, so he had D1 experience and ties to the university. Not all Kim's fault, but it was still a disaster and way too fresh for it to happen again.

Ben's going to get some looks for sure, but probably not there.
                    Last edited by Alfred33; 03-11-2020, 10:17 AM.

Comment

• As I sit here and think about it though, Mizzou did just hire a Division 1AA football coach with only one season of head coaching experience... I guess we'll try anything!! lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post
                        As I sit here and think about it though, Mizzou did just hire a Division 1AA football coach with only one season of head coaching experience... I guess we'll try anything!! lol
                        App State is FBS now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

App State is FBS now.
                          Why are you always correcting me? Maybe I was just being dramatic. ;)
                          Last edited by Alfred33; 03-11-2020, 11:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                            OTE=Alfred33;n491394]

Just to make certain the record is accurate...this fellow nsic counterpart has only floated one credible rumor on a coaching change. It just happened to be Paul Sather leaving nsu for UND, which is EXACTLY what happened about 30 days later. The only wishful thinking going on in that recent scenario was on your part trying to convince everyone that there was absolutely no chance Sather would ever leave nsu, especially for such a clearly inferior job like UND.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
                              [/B]

Just to make certain the record is accurate...this fellow nsic counterpart has only floated one credible rumor on a coaching change. It just happened to be Paul Sather leaving nsu for UND, which is EXACTLY what happened about 30 days later. The only wishful thinking going on in that recent scenario was on your part trying to convince everyone that there was absolutely no chance Sather would ever leave nsu, especially for such a clearly inferior job like UND.
                              I said I didn't think so, I knew nothing for sure. Besides, I was referring to this season in which we have had six schools represented in either Saul and/or Parker leaving. But thanks for injecting yourself on in.

Comment

• Last edited by Moorhead123; 03-11-2020, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X