Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A rule like that might be good for the players in some instances, but I think that would be horrible for college basketball as a whole. Not even looking at D2 possibilities, players that slip through the cracks and end up at smaller schools like a Steph Curry or a Ja Morant would get poached every year. The small teams would never be able to compete, have dream seasons, or enjoy that star player for their team for more than a year. Every small school now becomes a prep school. Players that are on middling teams like a Mizzou or an Iowa State will be leaving for greener pastures every other day. Like I want kids coming to Mizzou to showcase their abilities hoping that Kentucky will give them a look...What a mess that will create. This is nonsensical... who supports this kind of crap?

Can't players already transfer up to D1 from D2 without sitting? If so, other than then domino effect it could create, the rule itself wouldn't have much consequence on the D2 level.
    Last edited by Alfred33; 03-11-2020, 01:31 PM.

Comment

• I agree with you Alfred 33. Right now a kid can transfer from a D-1 to a D-2 without sitting out. That makes sense to me. The kid maybe can't quite "cut it" or is riding the bench and wants to transfer so he can play. However, currently if a kid transfers from D-2 to a D-1 then they have to sit out a year. This also makes sense to me. It prevents a D-1 from placing a kid in a D-2 and then only to get them back without penalty. If a kid isn't quite good enough or maybe he is a late bloomer and a K-State coach says why don't you go to Washburn and play for a year and then we will take you back, the kid should have to sit. Otherwise the D-1's might start treating the D-1's like a Jr. College. I think this is bad for basketball and will hurt everyone but the top 10 or 15 programs in the country and will effect some of the top schools in D-2 like it will hurt the mid majors and low majors.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Btech#3 View Post
          I agree with you Alfred 33. Right now a kid can transfer from a D-1 to a D-2 without sitting out. That makes sense to me. The kid maybe can't quite "cut it" or is riding the bench and wants to transfer so he can play. However, currently if a kid transfers from D-2 to a D-1 then they have to sit out a year. This also makes sense to me. It prevents a D-1 from placing a kid in a D-2 and then only to get them back without penalty. If a kid isn't quite good enough or maybe he is a late bloomer and a K-State coach says why don't you go to Washburn and play for a year and then we will take you back, the kid should have to sit. Otherwise the D-1's might start treating the D-1's like a Jr. College. I think this is bad for basketball and will hurt everyone but the top 10 or 15 programs in the country and will effect some of the top schools in D-2 like it will hurt the mid majors and low majors.

Thank you for clarifying the rule... I was having a brain fart and had it backwards in my head for some reason.

Comment

• Reading the tea leaves there won't be any fans at the games in Maryville this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Taxman View Post
              Reading the tea leaves there won't be any fans at the games in Maryville this weekend.
              Yep

Comment

• I get what you are saying but most of the good D2 players were recruited to low and mid major D1 to begin and chose D2. I don't know that many are going to be enticed by D1 if they didn't go that route initially. The high majors might look at a D2 guy and that could cause the D2 player to really consider it but I don't think it will be very common. This will impact the low and mid majors getting picked over more than anywhere else. Maybe those low and mid majors start changing their recruiting approach and offer more to those players who traditionally went D2 so they never end up in D2 but I don't see a raid on most D2 schools unless it's a really good player at an average or below average D2 school and was completely overlooked looking to move up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Taxman View Post
                  Reading the tea leaves there won't be any fans at the games in Maryville this weekend.
                  So much for needing to get those tickets to Saturday's session early. What an awful mistake by the NCAA. On the bright side for us Wolves - no home court advantage for the local Missouri schools!

Comment

• Originally posted by #WolvesNation View Post

So much for needing to get those tickets to Saturday's session early. What an awful mistake by the NCAA. On the bright side for us Wolves - no home court advantage for the local Missouri schools!
                    They can be tested on campus, presented a certificate and allowed to attend...probably.

Comment

• Except their are no tests. What a fiasco! When the govt. is in charge nothing is run right. If the private side was in charge we would have had $10M test kits available several weeks ago and would have made a profit on it. Not proactive at all. It is too bad for the kids. They deserve a packed house and alot of excitement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Btech#3 View Post
                        Except their are no tests. What a fiasco! When the govt. is in charge nothing is run right. If the private side was in charge we would have had $10M test kits available several weeks ago and would have made a profit on it. Not proactive at all. It is too bad for the kids. They deserve a packed house and alot of excitement.
                        Bahahahaha

Hooray...now we have a central region political thread. Way to go kid.

Comment

• Good luck to you guys this weekend. I think the MIAA will be represented very well.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Bahahahaha

Hooray...now we have a central region political thread. Way to go kid.
                              +1 million. I try to stay out of political scrum but it says a lot that people view health/safety concerns as an opportunity to make money off others.

Comment

• This sucks for everyone. The only positive thing is that they are still playing the games. I feel sorry for the teams who won't get to play at all because of this.

As much as I think that this is overreacting, I still remember that lives are more important that a game. There will be plenty of 20/20 hindsight and "I told you so" when this is all done.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X