Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For healthy, young-middle aged people it sucks. The risk of this spreading to infants, elderly, and immuno-compromised is what this is about nation wide since that is where the real risk lies.

Definitely sucks for the teams and players to not get the experience of playing in front of that type of crowd. It's been really fun the last few years in Maryville to see the atmosphere. I'm sure the players enjoyed it too.

Comment

• You're going to miss the 33rd Annual World's Shortest St. Patty's Day Parade...boy will you be sorry! :D

Comment

• Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

You're going to miss the 33rd Annual World's Shortest St. Patty's Day Parade...boy will you be sorry! :D
        New Ulm, full of Germans, has a St Patty's Day parade that goes the opposite way on a one way street.

Comment

• Feel especially bad for the 8 teams that worked so hard to earn home court advantage.

Comment

• Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
            Feel especially bad for the 8 teams that worked so hard to earn home court advantage.

Comment

• Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

I get what you are saying but most of the good D2 players were recruited to low and mid major D1 to begin and chose D2. I don't know that many are going to be enticed by D1 if they didn't go that route initially. The high majors might look at a D2 guy and that could cause the D2 player to really consider it but I don't think it will be very common. This will impact the low and mid majors getting picked over more than anywhere else. Maybe those low and mid majors start changing their recruiting approach and offer more to those players who traditionally went D2 so they never end up in D2 but I don't see a raid on most D2 schools unless it's a really good player at an average or below average D2 school and was completely overlooked looking to move up.

Comment

• Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

I get what you are saying but most of the good D2 players were recruited to low and mid major D1 to begin and chose D2. I don't know that many are going to be enticed by D1 if they didn't go that route initially. The high majors might look at a D2 guy and that could cause the D2 player to really consider it but I don't think it will be very common. This will impact the low and mid majors getting picked over more than anywhere else. Maybe those low and mid majors start changing their recruiting approach and offer more to those players who traditionally went D2 so they never end up in D2 but I don't see a raid on most D2 schools unless it's a really good player at an average or below average D2 school and was completely overlooked looking to move up.

Comment

• D-1 Nebraska BB has gotten so bad that they took two FB players with them to Indiana yesterday. The team was briefly quarantined, but it turned out Hoiberg only has the flu.
                  Last edited by NW Normal; 03-12-2020, 06:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NW Normal View Post
                    D-1 Nebraska BB has gotten so bad that they took two FB players with them to Indiana yesterday. The team was briefly quarantined, but it turned out Hoiberg only has the flu.
                    This hoops season for them has made me so happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

This hoops season for them has made me so happy.
                      Nebraska basketball joined Nebraska football in freeing up a lot of time for me. I receive the alert on my phone that the team has lost and move on with my day. I'm now dead inside, but we can't have everything..

Comment

• Only immediate family and essential staff at Central Regional games. Gym will be cleared after each game and no concessions. Games will be streamed free and it appears game will also be shown on local Suddenlink cable.

Comment

• < 40 US deaths(many from 1 rest home in WA) brought this on. Overreaction?

Comment

• Originally posted by NW Normal View Post
                            D-1 Nebraska BB has gotten so bad that they took two FB players with them to Indiana yesterday. The team was briefly quarantined, but it turned out Hoiberg only has the flu.

Winona took a guy off the football team a few years back when they were short. He had to play quite a bit and did ok. They even made the region but got hammered round one. Of course we are not talking Power Five.

Comment

• Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                              < 40 US deaths(many from 1 rest home in WA) brought this on. Overreaction?
                              As I put in the General Discussion but will put it here too:

No it's not. Please look at the growth rate of those who contracted the virus in other countries, namely Italy. That is what is trying to be prevented. This kind of thinking is what has already made it worse than it needed to be in the U.S. and will make it worse without action.

Comment

• Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X