Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I felt the same thing that it was over blown, however, google infectious disease expert Michael Osterholm and he explains it in more detail in about 15 minutes on you tube. Very informative but kind of scary.

Comment

• NSIC to be canceling the baseball season later this afternoon.

Comment

• Originally posted by DapperDan View Post

Winona took a guy off the football team a few years back when they were short. He had to play quite a bit and did ok. They even made the region but got hammered round one. Of course we are not talking Power Five.
        I can remember the 1988 Kansas team that won the N.C. had a kid that walked on from the football team after the football season was over... I believe because of some injuries, he ended up playing significant minutes by the end of the year and in the title game. Clint Normore, or something like that.... I think he was DB. And also UNC went to the final four with Ronald Curry (QB) and Julius Peppers (DE) on the team. I'm sure there have been others, but those came to mind from some of the basketball "blue bloods". Impressive athletes for sure.

Comment

• Tell that to the people in Italy, where they are literally letting people die because they don't have enough medical staff and resources so are focusing on those most likely to survive:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...kTHmYKFJ4oj650

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

I can remember the 1988 Kansas team that won the N.C. had a kid that walked on from the football team after the football season was over... I believe because of some injuries, he ended up playing significant minutes by the end of the year and in the title game. Clint Normore, or something like that.... I think he was DB. And also UNC went to the final four with Ronald Curry (QB) and Julius Peppers (DE) on the team. I'm sure there have been others, but those came to mind from some of the basketball "blue bloods". Impressive athletes for sure.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• I knew that Curry went there to play both... I wasn't sure about Peppers, as to whether or not he walked on as a need or it was in the works from the beginning. It's pretty phenomenal in those programs to be good enough to not just be on the team, but to play. Mizzou had Justin Gage that walked on to the basketball team and played his last 3 years... he was a QB that switched to WR, then had some run in the NFL with the Bears and Titans. I hadn't followed Nebraska at all, but yeah that's rough when you don't have a choice but to dip into the Football player pool. I kind of remembered that being the case with the KU kid... There may have been 2 of them that walked on, just so they could practice, but he ended up having a role.

Northwest has a couple of receivers that could play and probably be pretty good with Ben breathing down their necks. Eli Dowis and Latroy Harper were both highlight real guys in high school... I was a little surprised Eli chose football. I guess there's probably guys at every school like that.... way beyond anything I ever resembled as an athlete. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

Tell that to the people in Italy, where they are literally letting people die because they don't have enough medical staff and resources so are focusing on those most likely to survive:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...kTHmYKFJ4oj650
                    We're 2 weeks from where Italy is right now. Why measures are being taken.

Comment

• Originally posted by Taxman View Post

We're 2 weeks from where Italy is right now. Why measures are being taken.
                      Agreed, yet despite all the facts some people think these measures are an overreaction.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

Quinn Buckner was another one.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X