• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA cancels March Madness

Just announced

Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post
    Just announced
    Absolutely brutal.

I believe NCAA should grant waivers to all seniors to play another year. Gabe King and Cole Dahl deserved better.

Comment

The MIAA has announced the suspension of all sports indefinitely.

http://themiaa.com/news/2020/3/12/ge...efinitely.aspx

Comment

Comment

A few thoughts:

1. My opinion is that all of these organizations are doing the right thing. The health and safety of everyone is the most important thing. Unlike the flu, there is currently no vaccine to stop the spread of the Coronavirus. Thank God drastic measures are being taken to try to stop it.

2. This is really sad for all of the seniors. They will live the rest of their lives feeling they have unfinished business and will live with a lot of what-ifs. Athletics teaches a lot of lessons and the lesson this week is that sometimes life is just brutal and not fair. I really feel for all of these kids, including those in other sports ... but especially the seniors.

3. Give NW the national championship trophy. Defending national champion + #1 in final poll = 2-time defending national champion.

4. Elyjah Clark of MSSU should be very grateful. The cancellation of the Central Region tournament means that he will not be booed in Maryville this weekend, since he would likely have broken the MIAA career 3-pointer record held by one of NW's current assistants.

Comment

Comment

The NCAA pulled the plug IMO because of potential litigation. If they didn't then they would be the ones on the hook for a law suit.

Comment

Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post
                A few thoughts:

1. My opinion is that all of these organizations are doing the right thing. The health and safety of everyone is the most important thing. Unlike the flu, there is currently no vaccine to stop the spread of the Coronavirus. Thank God drastic measures are being taken to try to stop it.

2. This is really sad for all of the seniors. They will live the rest of their lives feeling they have unfinished business and will live with a lot of what-ifs. Athletics teaches a lot of lessons and the lesson this week is that sometimes life is just brutal and not fair. I really feel for all of these kids, including those in other sports ... but especially the seniors.

3. Give NW the national championship trophy. Defending national champion + #1 in final poll = 2-time defending national champion.

4. Elyjah Clark of MSSU should be very grateful. The cancellation of the Central Region tournament means that he will not be booed in Maryville this weekend, since he would likely have broken the MIAA career 3-pointer record held by one of NW's current assistants.
                You must have been expecting one hell of a regional from Clark. Based on the stats I saw on the MSSU site he's 54 away from tying Schneider. Maybe the site hasn't been updated though.

Comment

Comment

Northwest has already ordered the banner since they're ranked #1.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

You must have been expecting one hell of a regional from Clark. Based on the stats I saw on the MSSU site he's 54 away from tying Schneider. Maybe the site hasn't been updated though.
                      The site has not been updated. He was only 5 away from tying the record.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Northwest has already ordered the banner since they're ranked #1.
                        But who gets the D2 title since NW clearly would have taken the D1??

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

But who gets the D2 title since NW clearly would have taken the D1??
                          Missouri Southern obviously.

Comment

No titles this year, and anyone who tries to lay claim to one is a moron IMO. Take a look at what is going on around the world and recognize that a whole lot of people smarter than us about this kind of thing are looking for all kinds of help and commitment to slow the spread of a virus that has around a 3% kill rate.

We will all be back one of these days. But we have to accept the tough but wise decisions many are having to make.

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X