Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT - The Final Men's College Basketball Game of the 2019-2020 Season

With the NCAA and NAIA both cancelling their postseason tournaments, it got me to wondering who else would be left standing. I had some extra time yesterday, so I found a list of every single collegiate athletics association in the country that sponsors varsity basketball, and I looked at every tournament.
    Of the 21 tournaments I looked at, 5 had already concluded, 1 was suspended, and 2 were postponed.

In total, I found 21 tournaments across 11 associations. Some of which were regional, independent conferences not affiliated with a governing body.

NCAA - All divisions cancelled, CBI cancelled, CIT cancelled, NIT cancelled
    NAIA - All divisions cancelled.
    NCCAA - All divisions cancelled.
    NJCAA - Division 1 and 2 postponed, Division 3 to be reworked
    ACCA - Already concluded
    USCAA - Division 2 already concluded, Division 1 suspended
    NWAC - Cancelled
    CCCAA - Cancelled
    NIAC - Already concluded
    PCAC - Already concluded
    WCC - Already concluded

The NJCAA plans to resume play for their Div. I and II tournaments beginning in early April, and the USCAA has not decided what it will do as of typing this. However, everything is quite volitle right now - and plans could change.

Given that - the final game of the 2019-2020 Men's College Basketball season (at least until play resumes, if play resumes) is set for tip-off at 6:00PM tonight on the campus of Rochester Community and Technical College in Rochester, MN.

As of right now, no attendance restrictions are being imposed and the game will also stream online, for a fee. RCTC is currently playing in the semi-final against #1 seed Sandhill in a very tight contest. The NJCAA will also complete it's women's Div. III tournament tonight in Rockford, Illinois with a 6PM tipoff.

Comment

Sandhill won in front of a very sparse Rochester crowd. The college basketball season is now over, for now.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X