Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wondered, after reading your opening post, whether I was delusional to think Winona showed some flashes of being a really good team. Glad you added them later. :)

You're right. Losing Wagner is tough as he often would just put the team on his shoulders. The Warriors will still have that type of guy in Kevion Taylor. I'm excited to watch him play one more season. IF the coaching staff can find a transfer big man this offseason and that person can be impactful, the Warriors could be sleepers to win the conference.

Comment

Looks like Baumgardner is transferring from Mankato.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post

Any idea where he is going?

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post

Comment

I have no idea. I'm out of the loop. My sources have dried up like a wadi in Saudi Arabia.

Comment

Not sure on Williams. Guessing Moorhead was just too far from Louisiana.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

I have no idea. I'm out of the loop. My sources have dried up like a wadi in Saudi Arabia.

Comment

I used to think giving the seniors another chance was the right thing to do until I saw this posted over on USCHO. Basically, this is no different the a senior getting a season ending injury in the middle of February. You can't control most injuries and you can't control when a pandemic is going to break out. Sometimes life just throws a wrench into things.

Also, is it fair to the recruits coming in next year to say, "sorry, we no longer have a roster spot for you as none of, or only a couple of our seniors are moving on". And what about scholarship planning for the rosters? "Yeah, I know I promised you some scholarship money for next year, but Jimmy is coming back next year, so I am giving it to him."
                  Millsy

Comment

The spring sports seniors will probably miss the vast majority of their seasons. As much as it sucks for the winter sports athletes, I don't see them getting another year. And this hits the MSU hockey team as much as anyone- they would have gotten a top four seed.
                    And BSU was on the path to make the NCAA Tournaement, their first since 2010.
                    Millsy

Comment

This may have nothing to do with NSIC basketball- but it could. King is from Caledonia- could he be going to a conference team?

Jacks MBB sophomore guard Owen King has entered the transfer portal. After playing about 16 minutes per game in 33 as a freshman and averaging 4.1 PPG, He played in 17 last year averaging 7 minutes & 1.1 PPG

Comment

This may have nothing to do with NSIC basketball- but it could. King is from Caledonia- could he be going to a conference team?

Jacks MBB sophomore guard Owen King has entered the transfer portal. After playing about 16 minutes per game in 33 as a freshman and averaging 4.1 PPG, He played in 17 last year averaging 7 minutes & 1.1 PPG
                        That would be quite the set of "gets" at the D2 level. Since the older King never used his redshirt year, I'd imagine they are both looking for a decent D1 landing place, but who knows?

That being said, if they end up in the NSIC, that's a backcourt that would rival even NWMSU's starting guards.

Comment

I haven't been able to check for awhile. Lots of new stuff to ponder.

1.. I think there are going to be a lot of transfers in the next few months and everything for all these kids in in complete limbo. There will be big surpises too in transfers. Just because it is so turbulent.

2. Does the market crash kill Augie going to the Summit? Curious.

3. How many fans don't return. ability to pay will be some of it, but how many are going to just say they don't miss it. I will be there with the NBA and NHL probably. I don't miss it so far.

4. I think some of these kids will be away from campus and get way too many people in their ears giving them bad advice. That will affect the conference more than we think.

5. I wonder how big this will all cause the NCAA rules to be changed regarding transfers etc. I could see a major revamp of all this.

6. How likely is college online classes to become the norm? That will change college athletics.

i could come up with about another 10 things, but I am too exahausted with all the news to think. Stay safe people

Comment

All this considered looking forward to Mustang football and basketball returning soon. Miss it. I was also excited about Mustang baseball as they were off to a solid start and the weather was actually decent.

Oh, and by the way, man some of this just sucks. Marshall Tigers (and my son) didn't get to play in the State Tournament after an epic battle with Mankato East who was on a 25 game winning streak. Gut punch. And the first game of the State on Wednesday , March 18 was my son's 17th birthday. That was going to be a memory of a lifetime getting to be on The Barn floor at the state tournament on his birthday. Crazy

Instead it was a birthday he won't forget for lots of other reasons.

So yeah sports matter and we miss them. a lot

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
                              How likely is college online classes to become the norm? That will change college athletics.
                              In terms of the coronavirus shutdown, or in general?

SMSU has heavily expanded into online classes, even in the past couple of years. When I started, there were a few options - now there are entire majors that have been mirrored online. Sometime between 2012-2014, they adopted the idea that every class is a "hybrid" class. That's not necessarily true in practice, though the option is definitely there.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
                                I haven't been able to check for awhile. Lots of new stuff to ponder.

1.. I think there are going to be a lot of transfers in the next few months and everything for all these kids in in complete limbo. There will be big surpises too in transfers. Just because it is so turbulent.

2. Does the market crash kill Augie going to the Summit? Curious.

3. How many fans don't return. ability to pay will be some of it, but how many are going to just say they don't miss it. I will be there with the NBA and NHL probably. I don't miss it so far.

4. I think some of these kids will be away from campus and get way too many people in their ears giving them bad advice. That will affect the conference more than we think.

5. I wonder how big this will all cause the NCAA rules to be changed regarding transfers etc. I could see a major revamp of all this.

6. How likely is college online classes to become the norm? That will change college athletics.

i could come up with about another 10 things, but I am too exahausted with all the news to think. Stay safe people
                                Great post Mr. Mustang

If Covid19 persists, I could see students wanting to be closer to home and transfers.

A recession is the last thing Augustana would want when they are trying to raise athletic capital. Could easily see the administration pulling the plug on D1.

My belief is that fans will stay loyal. Pro and big time D1 sports with outrageous ticket and concession prices certainly could suffer.

Do not see rule changes for transferring athletes.

Do not think Covid19 persists and expect vaccines will become available. No kid wants to take online classes when they could be on campus.

This was going to be a year where #1 AU softball had a chance to repeat as NC.Bummer.

Sports are a great diversion from the monotony of everyday life. Maybe cheap local HS. and small college sports will have a renaissance.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X