Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NorthernSunExperience
    replied
    This week, I'll be previewing everything NSIC men's hoops on our Midco Sports Network social media platforms!

Here's my look / predictions for the NSIC North Division: https://bit.ly/2JXs2Ni

As for the rest of this week:

Tues. Dec. 8 - NSIC South Division preview

Wed. Dec. 9 - My preseason picks for NSIC Honorable Mention and 2nd Team

Thurs. Dec. 10 - My preseason picks for NSIC 1st Team and Players Of The Year

Last week, I covered NSIC women's hoops and I posted those links in the 'NSIC Women's Basketball 2020-21' topic in this forum. Enjoy!

-David

Leave a comment:

• MrMustang
    replied
    almost im possible to predict anything. I doubt any team plays more than 15 games unless they extend the season which migh be possible.

I will be stunned if they start on Jan 2. I think every team will lose some kep players for a game of two but most teams will use it to see what other players can do. Use it to learn. Hopefully we play.

I know my son got to play 7 high school football games and I cherished every minute of it. Not many teams got to play that many. gonna enjoy whatever we get

Leave a comment:

• Moorhead123
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
    Let's not discount the wrinkle that COVID could throw into things, with opt-outs and quarantines, etc. How many of the 16 games on the schedule will each team play?
    Will likely be significant issue...already hurting mn teams/players as it has been very difficult to find gym space for months. My understanding is that nd, sd and Iowa have been more lenient.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    Let's not discount the wrinkle that COVID could throw into things, with opt-outs and quarantines, etc. How many of the 16 games on the schedule will each team play?

Leave a comment:

• wsuguy87
    replied
    Originally posted by Thunder View Post
    I pretty much agree with the predictions that have been levied so far. I think Northern is the clear favorite in the North, with Moorhead an obvious second. It would not surprise me if both of those teams run the table on their division prior to meeting in the final weekend. The South on the other hand will be a gauntlet. USF, Winona, Augie, SMSU, Mankato, and UIU, will all be capable of beating anyone in the conference. Wayne and CSP may struggle to get many wins. I'm always a little higher on SMSU than most as I think Bigler is an excellent coach. The biggest uncertainty is and will continue to be the availability of all the players and coaches. Hopefully everyone stays healthy and we are able to get the games in, even without many fans in a lot of places. I can't wait until we have actual games to discuss. One more month to go!
    I have always had the same view of SMSU. Love how Bigler runs that program. I always bump them up a spot or two each season just on that.

Leave a comment:

• Thunder
    replied
    I pretty much agree with the predictions that have been levied so far. I think Northern is the clear favorite in the North, with Moorhead an obvious second. It would not surprise me if both of those teams run the table on their division prior to meeting in the final weekend. The South on the other hand will be a gauntlet. USF, Winona, Augie, SMSU, Mankato, and UIU, will all be capable of beating anyone in the conference. Wayne and CSP may struggle to get many wins. I'm always a little higher on SMSU than most as I think Bigler is an excellent coach. The biggest uncertainty is and will continue to be the availability of all the players and coaches. Hopefully everyone stays healthy and we are able to get the games in, even without many fans in a lot of places. I can't wait until we have actual games to discuss. One more month to go!

Leave a comment:

• DapperDan
    replied
    https://www.postbulletin.com/sports/...special-season

Leave a comment:

• DapperDan
    replied
    Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
    Second row, second from the right appears to be Kobe King

https://twitter.com/mthaler/status/1...814864391?s=19
    I think #2 palming the ball is photo-shop.

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied
    Second row, second from the right appears to be Kobe King

https://twitter.com/mthaler/status/1...814864391?s=19

Leave a comment:

• Coo Fan
    replied
    I as well will release my preseason picks in anticipation of January 2nd

1) Northern - Fox and Stark are the real deal. Chatman coming back helps them a lot. Not sure if they will lose a game all year.
    2)USF - We have everyone back from last year. Rebounding has been to our advantage in all conference games the last couple of years. Looking forward to seeing Grinde step up, even more, this year.
    3) Winona - With the addition of Owen King and Alou Dillon to go along with Kevion Taylor they look to be one of the best teams in the league on paper, will be interesting to see how they play together when the season rolls around.
    4) Augie - Everyone back from last year who played a major role + Matt Cartwright returning will make them a force to be reckoned with. Also one of the better rebounding teams in the league.
    5) Mankato - This is strictly based off the rumor of Kobe King which may be a stretch without him i think they drop to 7 or 8. Holt is the real deal. Will be interesting to see how they are at PG after losing Seales and Tre Baumgardner.
    6) MSUM - Seems like a lot of guys are returning and with a couple D1 transfers they could be really good. Baumgartner is really good and so is Irsfeld and Zimmer. Looking for them to end 2nd in the North.
    7) SMSU - They have everyone back and Byers is really good. The loss of Stafford will hurt a bit but he is not irreplaceable. They will be alright with out him and should look to be a lot more competitive then last year.
    8) UIU - They have almost every body back from a solid squad last year but lack the inside depth and size to be great. They will be competitive in a very deep south conference this year.
    9) Bemidji - Wagner was really good as well as Thompson. The loss of Ja will hurt them at PG and their roster only shows 12 guys which means they may be a little short on the depth end of things but may be able to compete in the north this year.
    10) Duluth - Drew Blair is really solid and will look to lead this group of younger guys to a successful season. The losses of Myer and Illiakanen obviously hurt quite a bit and it may be more of a rebuilding year for them.
    11) Wayne - Janssen is good. The loss of Ferrarini will hurt them. Junior guard Mohr should see a lot of time in a bigger role but there isn't much more than that. They have a lot of young guys who will need to step up and fill some holes.
    12) SCSU - Roberts is a stud but they have a lot of pieces to fill. Marshall was a stud for them last year and carried them in a lot of games. It will be interesting to see if some of these new guys can step up and make a big impact for them this year.
    13) Mary - Kreklow is about all they have going for them at this point. Senior forward Carr will have to step up in this bigger role for Mary for them to have any shot of succes this year. May be considered a rebuilding year for them.
    14) Concordia - They have a whole new staff but have a lof of older guys who will be able to help out. With some discipline on defense, they may be able to find some success as they should be able to score the ball at will sometimes. Cody Carlson will leave a hole in the middle.
    15) Minot - Seems like all they have this year will be Max Cody and teams may be able to single in on him. Havent heard too much about their new guys but they will obviously have to step up big time.
    16) Crookston- With the loss of Clearly it will be kind of weird to watch them play as he has been their offense for the last 4 years, he will definitely leave a void on the court for them.

Leave a comment:

• Moorhead123
    replied
    Last edited by Moorhead123; 11-16-2020, 11:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Moorhead123
    replied
    Originally posted by DapperDan View Post

You mean like with football?
    Fair point.

Leave a comment:

• DapperDan
    replied
    Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
    Anything possible....but assuming d2 looking more at what d1 programs are doing more than at the d3 programs??
    You mean like with football?

Leave a comment:

• Moorhead123
    replied
    Anything possible....but assuming d2 looking more at what d1 programs are doing more than at the d3 programs??

Leave a comment:

• simple as a $3 bill
    replied
    Bad snowball starting to get bigger, now St. Olaf has cancelled winter sports.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X