Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• simple as a $3 bill
    replied
    I understand that its Div. III, but how about the Carleton decision to only have winter sports that can be performed virtually. That could be the start of a bad snowball.

Leave a comment:

• Purple Mav Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post

This will mean that true freshman can play and still have 4 years of eligibility remaining. Like a free redshirt season. May make things more difficult for coaches to manage minutes in some respects This season. Also sounds like high likelihood that the free onetime transfer is going to pass in January. That will change the entire landscape of recruiting in a big way.
    So Kobe King gets this year and next? :)

Leave a comment:

• Moorhead123
    replied
    Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
    While this may not be a great sign for basketball this winter, it feels like the fair thing to do.

https://twitter.com/NCAADII/status/1...949997568?s=19
    This will mean that true freshman can play and still have 4 years of eligibility remaining. Like a free redshirt season. May make things more difficult for coaches to manage minutes in some respects This season. Also sounds like high likelihood that the free onetime transfer is going to pass in January. That will change the entire landscape of recruiting in a big way.

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied
    While this may not be a great sign for basketball this winter, it feels like the fair thing to do.

https://twitter.com/NCAADII/status/1...949997568?s=19

Leave a comment:

• simple as a $3 bill
    replied
    I'm hearing that its true. Yes, big step down from where he was at.

Leave a comment:

• Moorhead123
    replied
    Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
    Has this already been commented on or posted about on the boards? Would be an interesting addition for the Mavericks if former "possibly the best player on Wisconsin's roster" Kobe King plays a year for Margenthaler to finish out his unique career: https://mobile.twitter.com/RealEricT...38620036567040
    that is definitely big nsic news.

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied
    Has this already been commented on or posted about on the boards? Would be an interesting addition for the Mavericks if former "possibly the best player on Wisconsin's roster" Kobe King plays a year for Margenthaler to finish out his unique career: https://mobile.twitter.com/RealEricT...38620036567040

Leave a comment:

• Moorhead123
    replied

On the bright side, we can have some optimism that there will be a season at this point.

I think this year is going to be exceptionally weird and difficult to predict because of quarantine/isolation situations. I'm not sure how they're doing it at the schools in the NSIC, but if there are any "isolate for 2 weeks even if it's only a close contact situation" rules like they have at various high schools across the country, we could end up having 2 or 3 starters who just happen to be sitting in Accounting class five seats down from some kid who has Covid and end up missing 4 straight games if they have to isolate for two weeks. Even if they were wearing masks AND even if they take a test and get negative results themselves. And that's not even counting the two full weeks of practice they're missing during their quarantine.

Imagine that happening to 2-3 Augie starters on January 8th or 9th. They'll end up missing Upper Iowa, USF, Northern, and MSU-Moorhead before they can even resume practicing.

I think that is what will make this an incredibly hard year to predict, unless something changes on that front. Or maybe there's already a plan for that and I'm just not aware of it. But it could definitely be weird.

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied
    Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
    Extremely bored so going to give my predictions for the upcoming Nsic season. Doing this largely to help me cope with my depression In thinking about a potential winter with no basketball. Will do deeper dive into the various Nsic teams once a season is confirmed to be a go. As has been stated in the past, I expect the South to be better than the North next year...so the records reflect that assumption with the South teams beating eachother up.

North
    1. NSU - 17-5
    2. MSUM - 15-7
    3. BSU - 11-11
    4. SCSU 10-12
    4. UMD 10-12
    6. Mary 8-14
    7. Minot 7-15
    8. Crookston 5-17

South
    1. USF - 14-8
    1. Augustana - 14-8
    1. Winona - 14-8
    4. UIU - 12-10
    4. MSU - 12-10
    6. Southwest - 8-14
    7. CSP - 5-17
    8. Wayne - 4-18
    On the bright side, we can have some optimism that there will be a season at this point.

I think this year is going to be exceptionally weird and difficult to predict because of quarantine/isolation situations. I'm not sure how they're doing it at the schools in the NSIC, but if there are any "isolate for 2 weeks even if it's only a close contact situation" rules like they have at various high schools across the country, we could end up having 2 or 3 starters who just happen to be sitting in Accounting class five seats down from some kid who has Covid and end up missing 4 straight games if they have to isolate for two weeks. Even if they were wearing masks AND even if they take a test and get negative results themselves. And that's not even counting the two full weeks of practice they're missing during their quarantine.

Imagine that happening to 2-3 Augie starters on January 8th or 9th. They'll end up missing Upper Iowa, USF, Northern, and MSU-Moorhead before they can even resume practicing.

I think that is what will make this an incredibly hard year to predict, unless something changes on that front. Or maybe there's already a plan for that and I'm just not aware of it. But it could definitely be weird.

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied
    Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Well, how many championships has Margs won? No irony there at all actually! :)
    No lie, this made me laugh out loud. Well done.

Leave a comment:

• Purple Mav Man
    replied
    Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    After Rosario is tossed for a tempted tantrum the always calmest man in D2 Matt Margenthaler tweets "Championship teams don'tdo that" followed by "Big time selfish play. No excuse"

I choked on irony for real.
    Well, how many championships has Margs won? No irony there at all actually! :)

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    After Rosario is tossed for a tempted tantrum the always calmest man in D2 Matt Margenthaler tweets "Championship teams don'tdo that" followed by "Big time selfish play. No excuse"

I choked on irony for real.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Goodness... I can't get the Winona fans to get defensive about my implication that we out recruited the Warriors on a kid... my attempt to get NSU4LIFE fired up and defensive about attendance records ends up in him making a joke with me instead of responding back at me... I must be losing my touch.

I'm starting to wonder if it's time for me to retire from the boards...
    You need to come out with a new music album. That will reinvigorate you.

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied
    Goodness... I can't get the Winona fans to get defensive about my implication that we out recruited the Warriors on a kid... my attempt to get NSU4LIFE fired up and defensive about attendance records ends up in him making a joke with me instead of responding back at me... I must be losing my touch.

I'm starting to wonder if it's time for me to retire from the boards...

Leave a comment:

• Purple Mav Man
    replied

It's a bummer that Northern isn't in Minnesota. Augie would finally have a chance to dethrone them from the top of the attendance records.
    Gotta find something else for retirees (or anyone) to do in Aberdeen if you ever want to dethrone them.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X