X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nsic 2020-2021

1. THE FAVORITES:

Northern -
    They are the favorite until someone knocks them off. Loss of King and Dahl will hurt, but 4 of 5 starters back and Bergan and Belka should be able to pick up the slack from the lost seniors. This obviously assumes Fox is back next year. I have noticed even some wolves fans posting that Fox may transfer. If that happens it may knock nsu down into the second category of teams.

Augustana - Difficult 2019-2020 season. However, the team I saw in nsic tourney looked more like what was expected in the preseason. Bring back some of the injured players, and assume Cartwright back to prior form, and augie will be tough to beat. Assume they will be motivated to exit in style with potential final season at d2 level.

Sioux Falls - A team I underestimated the entire 2019-2020 season. All starters return so expect the coo to be tough out again next season. Loss of Green will be small scale problem. Biggest question is whether defense and rebounding again can overcome lack of outside shooters. Worked this season so why not again next year? Further improvements from grinde and houghton will make USF sure contenders.

2. SERIOUS CONTENDERS:

MSUM -
    Mankato 3. ON THE BUBBLE:4. REBUILDING:
    Last edited by Moorhead123; 03-14-2020, 06:51 AM.

Good analysis. MSU loses Kirksey and Krieger; two mainstays for the past several years. However they return Holt, Seales, and Kramer; all of which I feel have the potential to be very good in future years. Baumgardner's return at the 1 would be helpful also. No idea if they will bring in a transfer or two; based on past history that seems fairly likely.

Comment

Originally posted by MStateMaverick View Post
      Good analysis. MSU loses Kirksey and Krieger; two mainstays for the past several years. However they return Holt, Seales, and Kramer; all of which I feel have the potential to be very good in future years. Baumgardner's return at the 1 would be helpful also. No idea if they will bring in a transfer or two; based on past history that seems fairly likely.

Comment

Some of this will depend on how seriously the NCAA considers this ridiculous "give seniors another year" idea. Northern and Duluth suddenly look even better with the bonus seniors they'd get back. Augie basically returns no one of major/significant value, so I don't know that I'd have us up in the #2 spot under that circumstance.

Comment

Originally posted by MStateMaverick View Post
          Seems like injuries caused krieger to fall off a bit late in career. So based on that I made the assumption that he can be replaced. Unfortunate injuries as he seemed on pace to be POY caliber earlier in career. I agree seales and Kramer will be good players for Mankato.

Comment

Maybe true on Baumgardner and seales, but point is I think Mankato is be better off with a true pg and moving seales to shooting guard/wing. Maybe that pg is a transfer.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post

Maybe true on Baumgardner and seales, but point is I think Mankato is be better off with a true pg and moving seales to shooting guard/wing. Maybe that pg is a transfer.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                Some of this will depend on how seriously the NCAA considers this ridiculous "give seniors another year" idea. Northern and Duluth suddenly look even better with the bonus seniors they'd get back. Augie basically returns no one of major/significant value, so I don't know that I'd have us up in the #2 spot under that circumstance.
                It would be terribly ridiculous to give winter sports a waiver for a free year as well. Spring sports makes sense, winter sports had completed their regular season.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post

Seems like injuries caused krieger to fall off a bit late in career. So based on that I made the assumption that he can be replaced. Unfortunate injuries as he seemed on pace to be POY caliber earlier in career. I agree seales and Kramer will be good players for Mankato.
                  Krieger would have been a POY type player if not for the injuries. But, they happened and they were unfortunate. I agree, his production is very replaceable. His leadership will be missed. Time for Seales to take that role over as well.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                    The return of Matt Cartwright and Trevor Hanson from injury give Augustana some serious scoring punch. Considering how strong the team looked the last 4 weeks of season minus those injured players, I'd say I'm bullish on the Vikings prospects.

Comment

[QUOTE=Purple Mav Man;n492505]

Comment

I appreciate the positive thoughts about the Mustangs. With everyone back, I do hope the team can keep its upward trajectory. As bad as the record was this past season, the thing that impressed me was how the team was in almost every game. That will be huge going forward. There were some offensive deficiencies, but I believe getting Schwartz in at PG will help the offense improve. McCray will be able to play more of a KJ Davis role and Kenny Byers won't be relied upon so much on the ball. Health was also a major issue in the second half of the season for both Byers and Nick Dufault, so it will be nice to go into next season healthy.

Ultimately, I think the second tier here is probably a bit of a stretch, but I do envision a significant improvement for the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

It would be terribly ridiculous to give winter sports a waiver for a free year as well. Spring sports makes sense, winter sports had completed their regular season.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X