Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My prediction is that in the end, after a lot of discussions and arguments on all sides, the ncaa will just decide that the seniors will have to live with the disappointment that their final season got cut a little short. We will see...

Comment

What about the underclassmen and, more importantly, juniors waiting behind those seniors who should have graduated? Would you give a year back to everybody?

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

What about the underclassmen and, more importantly, juniors waiting behind those seniors who should have graduated? Would you give a year back to everybody?
        Tru dat! Too many problems if you give seniors their year back. Not going to happen. Also one more year of NW Missouri will be tough enough to take...two more years would be impossible. :)

Comment

Do they hand out redshirts to players who have played in 90%+ of their teams games in that season?

Comment

The spring sports seniors will probably miss the vast majority of their seasons. As much as it sucks for the winter sports athletes, I don't see them getting another year. And this hits the MSU hockey team as much as anyone- they would have gotten a top four seed.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
              Sioux Falls - A team I underestimated the entire 2019-2020 season. All starters return so expect the coo to be tough out again next season. Loss of Green will be small scale problem. Biggest question is whether defense and rebounding again can overcome lack of outside shooters. Worked this season so why not again next year? Further improvements from grinde and houghton will make USF sure contenders.
              I'm not even sure what to do with this information and feeling. But I like it.
              4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
              2016 NSIC Champions
              🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Even giving spring semester athletes another semester (for seniors) they have to be willing to come back for another year. Some places may be able to do it, but most, especially in D2 would have to come up with extra funding for scholarships or pull money from incoming freshman or allow athlete to compete with no scholarship. Keep in mind, all of the scholarship dollars were paid out for this spring two months ago.

I'm all for give athletes the opportunity, but gotta believe a lot are just going to say "pass" even if they have the option.

Comment

Originally posted by Otis Day View Post

I'm not even sure what to do with this information and feeling. But I like it.

Comment

190a3c07a7c5a38c043a30033e81126c0e5e5540732940953557dc7bdef28779.jpg
                    2016 NSIC Champions
                    🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

This doesn't seem to work for me. Was part of the address left out?

Comment

According to Wikipedia, these schools have not made the NCAA D2 basketball tournament yet for the men: Concordia, Crookston, Minot & USF.

Couldn't find a list for the women. The nearest thing I could figure out was Bemidji, Crookston, Minot and UIU hadn't made it. Anyone know?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...bids_by_school

Edit: Cross off Mary for the women- they went in 2012.
                        Last edited by laker; 03-15-2020, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

This doesn't seem to work for me. Was part of the address left out?
                          Huh works for me. But I've been struggling with uploading images here on the board.

It was just a dorky meme that was essentially... I'm just happy to be included :)
                          2016 NSIC Champions
                          🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Originally posted by Otis Day View Post

Huh works for me. But I've been struggling with uploading images here on the board.

It was just a dorky meme that was essentially... I'm just happy to be included :)
                            I tried it on the net- worked there!

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
                              1. THE FAVORITES:

Northern -
                              They are the favorite until someone knocks them off. Loss of King and Dahl will hurt, but 4 of 5 starters back and Bergan and Belka should be able to pick up the slack from the lost seniors. This obviously assumes Fox is back next year. I have noticed even some wolves fans posting that Fox may transfer. If that happens it may knock nsu down into the second category of teams.

Augustana - Difficult 2019-2020 season. However, the team I saw in nsic tourney looked more like what was expected in the preseason. Bring back some of the injured players, and assume Cartwright back to prior form, and augie will be tough to beat. Assume they will be motivated to exit in style with potential final season at d2 level.

Sioux Falls - A team I underestimated the entire 2019-2020 season. All starters return so expect the coo to be tough out again next season. Loss of Green will be small scale problem. Biggest question is whether defense and rebounding again can overcome lack of outside shooters. Worked this season so why not again next year? Further improvements from grinde and houghton will make USF sure contenders.

2. SERIOUS CONTENDERS:

MSUM -
                              Mankato 3. ON THE BUBBLE:4. REBUILDING:

Comment

As someone who doesn't really I have a vested interest in the whole Parker Fox transfer situation, I do think it is interesting that Sather now has three outgoing transfers from UND this offseason to go with the three graduating seniors. Plenty of spots available for Fox if he decides to make the jump.

That being said, I have actually enjoyed watching the Vikings play against him and would be a little bit disappointed if he transferred up, so this is less of me trying to get NSU fans riled up and more just making the observation that it seems a spot would likely be open for him in Grand Forks.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X