Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eli already has an offer from Minnesota. Owen nor Noah ever had an offer from Minnesota.

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

Eli already has an offer from Minnesota. Owen nor Noah ever had an offer from Minnesota.
      I'm aware he is seen as a much better player and is not likely ever to land at Winona or any other DII school. Just trolling our newfound success.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

I dont think weve had a starting QB-basketball player combo in the NSIC since Lance Rongstad for Bemidji
        I was trying to think of that guy's name. Good call.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
          I haven't been able to check for awhile. Lots of new stuff to ponder.

1.. I think there are going to be a lot of transfers in the next few months and everything for all these kids in in complete limbo. There will be big surpises too in transfers. Just because it is so turbulent.

2. Does the market crash kill Augie going to the Summit? Curious.

3. How many fans don't return. ability to pay will be some of it, but how many are going to just say they don't miss it. I will be there with the NBA and NHL probably. I don't miss it so far.

4. I think some of these kids will be away from campus and get way too many people in their ears giving them bad advice. That will affect the conference more than we think.

5. I wonder how big this will all cause the NCAA rules to be changed regarding transfers etc. I could see a major revamp of all this.

6. How likely is college online classes to become the norm? That will change college athletics.

i could come up with about another 10 things, but I am too exahausted with all the news to think. Stay safe people
          Kind of late to the party re: No. 2, but I can't imagine anyone would be surprised if Augie hit pause of its DI aspirations. All kinds of chatter out there about athletic departments already looking for ways to trim costs. Now does not seem the time to be expanding an athletics budget.

On a related note, I listened to an interview with Augie AD Josh Morton on KWSN radio in Sioux Falls from earlier this week, and he sounded like the last thing he wanted to talk about was the Summit League and DI. One of the hosts pressed him a couple of times on the subject, and Morton more or less gave him a non-answer. Something along the lines of continuing to work on the issue internally and respecting the Summit League's desire to maintain a low profile, etc. Nothing newsworthy or optimistic. FWIW.

Comment

Interesting I was listening back to Bigler's radio interview after their last game, and he was already talking about how the South is going to be as deep and tough as it's ever been. Those Winona transfers just made it all the more tougher.

Comment

Concordia announces a new HC from within the NSIC family:

https://twitter.com/CSPBears/status/...524288008?s=19

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                Interesting I was listening back to Bigler's radio interview after their last game, and he was already talking about how the South is going to be as deep and tough as it's ever been. Those Winona transfers just made it all the more tougher.
                You are correct. South is looking loaded next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                  Concordia announces a new HC from within the NSIC family:

https://twitter.com/CSPBears/status/...524288008?s=19
                  Hate this as a fan of a school within the NSIC South, but this is such a great fit for both CSP and Fletch! I'm happy for him and his whole family. Had some good chats in the bleachers with his dad back in the day...

Comment

This is actually 2021-2022 related but see Upper Iowa has offered 6'7" Caleb Schlaak from Cedar Rapids. I believe Caleb to be the son of Winona great Kyle. If he has anything what the old man had Winona better take a shot at him.

Comment

• Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                      This is actually 2021-2022 related but see Upper Iowa has offered 6'7" Caleb Schlaak from Cedar Rapids. I believe Caleb to be the son of Winona great Kyle. If he has anything what the old man had Winona better take a shot at him.
                      Everyone should look at him if he is like Dad!

Comment

• Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                        Oh man. This makes me feel old. Kyle was playing when I was in school! He was a hell of a player and a really good guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post

Oh man. This makes me feel old. Kyle was playing when I was in school! He was a hell of a player and a really good guy.
                          Found a recent article about him online. Sounds like he still is a really good guy.

Comment

• Nick Ferrarini leaving Wayne State for Nebraska-Omaha

Comment

• Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post
                              Nick Ferrarini leaving Wayne State for Nebraska-Omaha

Good luck to him...hope he gets some real minutes at uno...probably 50/50...

Comment

• This is very sad. Bemidji State basketball player Kaden Hart is dead.

https://www.bemidjipioneer.com/sport...yer-Kaden-Hart

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X