Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by laker View Post
    This is very sad. Bemidji State basketball player Kaden Hart is dead.

https://www.bemidjipioneer.com/sport...yer-Kaden-Hart

Comment

• Welcome back, Randall Herbst... https://msubeavers.com/news/2020/7/2...ant-coach.aspx

Comment

• I understand it was a close decision between them or Augie.

https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/will-tschetter

Comment

• Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
          I understand it was a close decision between them or Augie.

https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/will-tschetter
          To the coaching staff's credit, Augie was his first offer. Doesn't mean a ton when a kid's recruitment escalates that quickly.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

To the coaching staff's credit, Augie was his first offer. Doesn't mean a ton when a kid's recruitment escalates that quickly.
            Right. I would say Michigan did well to lock him up quick. Who knows what other big names might have put their oar in the water.

Comment

• Originally posted by DapperDan View Post

Right. I would say Michigan did well to lock him up quick. Who knows what other big names might have put their oar in the water.
              Haha. I can't quite tell if there is a hint of seriousness in your post, or if you are just poking fun at the fact that Augie is a very small fish compared to the very large fish that ended up offering him as time went on. I don't know that there are many bigger names to put oars in the water than Michigan, Minnesota, Iowa, etc for a kid from the Midwest who currently only has a 3-star rating on most recruiting sites. Not that a 3-star rating is the best determinant of talent level, obviously. Just that I don't see the Dukes and North Carolinas getting too aggressively into the mix at this point based on that perception.

Either way, Tschetter ending up at Augie would have been one of the recruiting miracles of the century, I would imagine. :)

Comment

Haha. I can't quite tell if there is a hint of seriousness in your post, or if you are just poking fun at the fact that Augie is a very small fish compared to the very large fish that ended up offering him as time went on. I don't know that there are many bigger names to put oars in the water than Michigan, Minnesota, Iowa, etc for a kid from the Midwest who currently only has a 3-star rating on most recruiting sites. Not that a 3-star rating is the best determinant of talent level, obviously. Just that I don't see the Dukes and North Carolinas getting too aggressively into the mix at this point based on that perception.

Either way, Tschetter ending up at Augie would have been one of the recruiting miracles of the century, I would imagine. :)

Comment

I meant it. Michigan's recent history puts them very much in the big time category and as the senior year progresses he may move beyond 3 star and gather interest from some other big hitters. I don't fault for Augie getting in early before he blossomed. Who was to know he would get so much better and he, like many others, may have grabbed the first serious deal that came along, although in the climate that is college recruiting now he most likely would have reneged anyway.

Comment

• Congratulations to Dragon assistant coach Tim Bergstraser

https://www.msumdragons.com/news/202...ssistants.aspx

Comment

• Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
                      Congratulations to Dragon assistant coach Tim Bergstraser

https://www.msumdragons.com/news/202...ssistants.aspx
                      Also congrats to Augie's Chad Hettermann: https://twitter.com/SilverWaveMedia/...43702495051779

Comment

• I know recruiting is an art and not a science, but wondering if the most recent college success of numerous recent past mn high schoolers is now working in the favor of some of the current mn high school recruits. Tschetter committed to Michigan. Thompson committed to UMN. Lien with Wyoming and UND offers. Streit with ndsu and Denver offers. Loge with UND offer. Are these current guys getting the benefit of strong recent past of mn high schoolers and bumped up a notch, or maybe they are better than some of the more recent d2 guys? Not sure...probably no way to really know.

Appears UND and NDSU both looking even more closely at the more local kids then they did 4-5 years ago.
                        Last edited by Moorhead123; 07-14-2020, 05:08 AM.

Comment

I know recruiting is an art and not a science, but wondering if the most recent college success of numerous recent past mn high schoolers is now working in the favor of some of the current mn high school recruits. Tschetter committed to Michigan. Thompson committed to UMN. Lien with Wyoming and UND offers. Streit with ndsu and Denver offers. Loge with UND offer. Are these current guys getting the benefit of strong recent past of mn high schoolers and bumped up a notch, or maybe they are better than some of the more recent d2 guys? Not sure...probably no way to really know.

Appears UND and NDSU both looking even more closely at the more local kids then they did 4-5 years ago.

Comment

I know recruiting is an art and not a science, but wondering if the most recent college success of numerous recent past mn high schoolers is now working in the favor of some of the current mn high school recruits. Tschetter committed to Michigan. Thompson committed to UMN. Lien with Wyoming and UND offers. Streit with ndsu and Denver offers. Loge with UND offer. Are these current guys getting the benefit of strong recent past of mn high schoolers and bumped up a notch, or maybe they are better than some of the more recent d2 guys? Not sure...probably no way to really know.

I think the depth of talent in the state is getting much better. The last 5-10 years, I think we're seeing a jump. These usually are due to something. For Minnesotans, you can point to the 2003-04 Timberwolves as a jumping off point. While recruits now were toddlers then and wouldn't remember, it's the classes before that would've watched the team and wanted to emulate them. Like around the Tyus Jones era. Now it's becoming part of the culture in the state as more people would get in the gym.

As for UND, keep in mind that Paul Sather is there. It's pretty typical when someone jumps up a level that his first few classes would be guys he was also recruiting at his old stop.

Comment

• Hearing nsic basketball game schedule may get pushed back to January, 2021. Anyone else hearing such potential?

Comment

Hearing nsic basketball game schedule may get pushed back to January, 2021. Anyone else hearing such potential?
                                You are correct sir.

https://northernsun.org/news/2020/8/...cember-31.aspx

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X