Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
    Hearing nsic basketball game schedule may get pushed back to January, 2021. Anyone else hearing such potential?
    Augieholic as usual has beaten me to the punch. I shouldn't have taken that recorded phone call. Luckily for me the only options were to press one or two. I did have a friend tip me off earlier this morning- showing me an email from the Augustana AD stating this information. It felt so cloak and dagger- when, maybe t-shirt and spoon.

It sucks losing football but I was prepared for that. But now the trend towards Jan 1 as a start date for winter sports meaning a gulag like existence for the rest of the year.

Comment

• Comment

• The whole thing is a crap shoot. Lots of questions, very few correct answers.

Comment

• Comment

• There isn't going to be basketball this winter. Go listen to what the "experts" and politicians say. They talk about new waves, talk about flu season. Eeven if things don't get worse, they will claim they are not better. If we couldn't play football outside (they could have easily done it with limited fans) -- and they are doing it in many places, and we couldn't play volleyball (again with limited fans) why would anyone think things will change in 3 or 4 months.

Nothing has changed in 6 months...

Then look at how risk averse the Universities are (except when it comes to getting the kids on campus to collect money), it isn't happening. Plain and simple. I am in Minnesota and the hysteria is mind boggling.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
              There isn't going to be basketball this winter. Go listen to what the "experts" and politicians say. They talk about new waves, talk about flu season. Eeven if things don't get worse, they will claim they are not better. If we couldn't play football outside (they could have easily done it with limited fans) -- and they are doing it in many places, and we couldn't play volleyball (again with limited fans) why would anyone think things will change in 3 or 4 months.

Nothing has changed in 6 months...

Then look at how risk averse the Universities are (except when it comes to getting the kids on campus to collect money), it isn't happening. Plain and simple. I am in Minnesota and the hysteria is mind boggling.
              Yeah, unfortunately this is where I'm at right now too

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

Yeah, unfortunately this is where I'm at right now too
                Things will probably loosen up after November 3rd. Isn't that what its all about?

Comment

• Originally posted by DapperDan View Post

Things will probably loosen up after November 3rd. Isn't that what its all about?
                  I've heard a lot of people say this. While I do think there's a lot of politics going on around this, I don't believe it will completely go away after the election.

But back to basketball.....

Comment

• Extremely bored so going to give my predictions for the upcoming Nsic season. Doing this largely to help me cope with my depression In thinking about a potential winter with no basketball. Will do deeper dive into the various Nsic teams once a season is confirmed to be a go. As has been stated in the past, I expect the South to be better than the North next year...so the records reflect that assumption with the South teams beating eachother up.

North
                    1. NSU - 17-5
                    2. MSUM - 15-7
                    3. BSU - 11-11
                    4. SCSU 10-12
                    4. UMD 10-12
                    6. Mary 8-14
                    7. Minot 7-15
                    8. Crookston 5-17

South
                    1. USF - 14-8
                    1. Augustana - 14-8
                    1. Winona - 14-8
                    4. UIU - 12-10
                    4. MSU - 12-10
                    6. Southwest - 8-14
                    7. CSP - 5-17
                    8. Wayne - 4-18
                    Last edited by Moorhead123; 09-13-2020, 12:31 AM.

Comment

• With many other sports opening back up...big ten football, mn high school football, etc....should be a good sign for nsic winter sports getting back to life as usual...call your local nsic official and tell them to let the games begin!

Comment

• Wonder if fans will be allowed....

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                          Wonder if fans will be allowed....
                          I suppose it depends when Walz lifts the 250 people limit.

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post

It's a bummer that Northern isn't in Minnesota. Augie would finally have a chance to dethrone them from the top of the attendance records.

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post

That would only effect about half of the NSIC schools in MN

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

It's a bummer that Northern isn't in Minnesota. Augie would finally have a chance to dethrone them from the top of the attendance records.
                                I'm excited that the Northern/Augie game with have more fans than all NSIC games played in MN combine...for the whole season.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X