Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post
    18 players on the list. 8 regions times 2 players each equals 16. Curious about the discrepancy, anyone know? Ties in the voting? Two at large picks?

I only count 16... am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

I only count 16... am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

Based on this logic the West Texas guys shouldn't count their chickens since the coaches in the region will get tired of them being chosen and will just pick some other players from the region instead.
        That or maybe that region has logical coaches and are not looking out for just themselves. Lots of selfish coaches in the Central region in my opinion.

Seems the Central region outside to NWMS has been average at best the past couple of years. I can't tell the difference between watching NSIC ball and WIAC ball. Hopefully things will turn around but I think NSIC needs to recalibrate and trim some fat. Hopefully this virus doesn't affect budgets too much and these schools lose even more funding for schollies. That would be something I would watch closely as endowments, alumni money are going to go away here for a while. Could be tough to keep some programs moving forward, not saying hoops but other sports.

Comment

Originally posted by wsufamily View Post

That or maybe that region has logical coaches and are not looking out for just themselves. Lots of selfish coaches in the Central region in my opinion.

Seems the Central region outside to NWMS has been average at best the past couple of years. I can't tell the difference between watching NSIC ball and WIAC ball. Hopefully things will turn around but I think NSIC needs to recalibrate and trim some fat. Hopefully this virus doesn't affect budgets too much and these schools lose even more funding for schollies. That would be something I would watch closely as endowments, alumni money are going to go away here for a while. Could be tough to keep some programs moving forward, not saying hoops but other sports.
          Basketball should be the first place that we see scholarship reductions. It's the only D2 sport where you can see a floor/field filled with full rides at one time.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Basketball should be the first place that we see scholarship reductions. It's the only D2 sport where you can see a floor/field filled with full rides at one time.

Comment

Hush your mouth for at least another 4 years! ;)

Comment

loverBrandon;n495820]

Basketball should be the first place that we see scholarship reductions. It's the only D2 sport where you can see a floor/field filled with full rides at one time.[/QUOTE]

Reductions?? Lol yes, let's start regression instead of progression which we have been seeing. Donors give when them can give. People aren't sacrificing themselves into debt by their gifts. The wealthier give amounts that they see as disposable, not disruptive.

The number of donors may certainly drop, a lot of participants are usually ones that can't give a lot but try to give some, but that will be back up to par within a year. These are not the end of days, this a disruption to life and lives, no doubt about it. But to think the world won't find an earthly way to keep moving is silly. We have gone through many things like this in the history of the world. Be safe, be smart, love who you love (besides most of us posters) and do the best you can.

Turned Turned ore of a general response than just to you, sorry Brandon, haha. Just staying, I can remember starting the job I have almost ten years ago, just after a big market fall, guys near the end of their career said they'd never recover...they have since retired.

It sucks, but eventually we will get back to talking about things as we used to.

Keep checking in crew and keep us posted. Together, we are a special group of dorks and losers. ;)
                Last edited by NSU4LIFE; 03-26-2020, 05:01 PM. Reason: bad quoting plus...we are losers, not lovers....lol

Comment

Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

Hush your mouth for at least another 4 years! ;)
                  Ha Ha Ha. I didn't mean to include the women.

Comment

Almost every D2 program loses money unless the tuition/etc. is included in the balance sheet.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Reductions?? Lol yes, let's start regression instead of progression which we have been seeing. Donors give when them can give. People aren't sacrificing themselves into debt by their gifts. The wealthier give amounts that they see as disposable, not disruptive.

The number of donors may certainly drop, a lot of participants are usually ones that can't give a lot but try to give some, but that will be back up to par within a year. These are not the end of days, this a disruption to life and lives, no doubt about it. But to think the world won't find an earthly way to keep moving is silly. We have gone through many things like this in the history of the world. Be safe, be smart, love who you love (besides most of us posters) and do the best you can.

Turned Turned ore of a general response than just to you, sorry Brandon, haha. Just staying, I can remember starting the job I have almost ten years ago, just after a big market fall, guys near the end of their career said they'd never recover...they have since retired.

It sucks, but eventually we will get back to talking about things as we used to.

Keep checking in crew and keep us posted. Together, we are a special group of dorks and losers. ;)
                      You're right. Let's increase football scholarships instead!

Comment

Ha Ha Ha. I didn't mean to include the women.
                        Oh, alright...you're forgiven!!! :D

Comment

Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

Oh, alright...you're forgiven!!! :D
                          The example does apply to them but I don't think anyone feels like cutting scholarship for women right now.

Comment

Almost every D2 program loses money unless the tuition/etc. is included in the balance sheet.
                            Point being...is maybe the sports that lose less money should get more scholarships...not saying I necessarily even agree with that, but it is another way to look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post

Point being...is maybe the sports that lose less money should get more scholarships...not saying I necessarily even agree with that, but it is another way to look at it.
                              Maybe. And maybe we decide by whatever sport gets the most students on campus. It's really all arbitrary except for the partial scholarship model which is Division II.

Comment

You're right. Let's increase football scholarships instead!
                                Already being done

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X