X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Craigler
    replied
    Originally posted by wsufamily View Post
    So who did they run off to get these two on full scholarship? Would be interesting to see who is not back. Staff has a track record now of changing out players quicker than you can get your tires changed at Tires Plus. Hope they finally put a solid product on the floor they have been given plenty of time here to do something and they have done nothing.

Leave a comment:

• DapperDan
    replied
    Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post

I was waiting for you to come out of your slumber and rain some hatred down on the moment. Glad I no long have to wait!
    No kidding

Leave a comment:

• wsuguy87
    replied
    Originally posted by wsufamily View Post
    So who did they run off to get these two on full scholarship? Would be interesting to see who is not back. Staff has a track record now of changing out players quicker than you can get your tires changed at Tires Plus. Hope they finally put a solid product on the floor they have been given plenty of time here to do something and they have done nothing.
    I was waiting for you to come out of your slumber and rain some hatred down on the moment. Glad I no long have to wait!

Leave a comment:

• wsufamily
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Grizzled LU
    replied
    https://twitter.com/MidcoSN/status/1213608377055621120

Alou Dillon.

Leave a comment:

• Moorhead123
    replied
    Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post

I think augie, Winona and USF all have arguments as the favorite in the south next season. USF proved it last year. The other two appear to have the pieces on paper. With the number of guys coming back next year in nsic and the number of transfers already committed, i think the nsic is going to be really good the next few years. Should be some really fun basketball to watch.

Leave a comment:

• wsuguy87
    replied
    Originally posted by Grizzled LU View Post
    Since I live in St. Louis, I only see SDSU play a few times a year but both guys looked impressive. From what I've seen you've picked up two very good players and I'm sure you'll snag King's brother too. Alou should have gotten more playing time. He's sneaky fast and powerful. I tipped off the Lindenwood coach about both these guys, but too late. Fans I checked with in the Brookings area thought Alou had D1 teams after him. Still can't figure out why they let him go, but he had good talent ahead of him and probably wouldn't have started-- certainly should have gotten more time though.
    Thanks for the information! I was wondering about Alou. Appreciate hearing from those who have seen him in person.

Leave a comment:

• Grizzled LU
    replied
    Since I live in St. Louis, I only see SDSU play a few times a year but both guys looked impressive. From what I've seen you've picked up two very good players and I'm sure you'll snag King's brother too. Alou should have gotten more playing time. He's sneaky fast and powerful. I tipped off the Lindenwood coach about both these guys, but too late. Fans I checked with in the Brookings area thought Alou had D1 teams after him. Still can't figure out why they let him go, but he had good talent ahead of him and probably wouldn't have started-- certainly should have gotten more time though.

Leave a comment:

• wsuguy87
    replied
    Originally posted by DapperDan View Post

Wonder how scholarship money is being carved up
    I had the same thought. Would be interesting to know more.

Leave a comment:

• DapperDan
    replied

Just saw the second SDSU transfer. He's 6'8 230, which is pretty much exactly what this team needed.

There is still another King brother out there who would be a great late addition to the class. :)
    Wonder how scholarship money is being carved up

Leave a comment:

• Moorhead123
    replied
    Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

This is where part of me wants to jump in and comment that if Augie lives up to expectations (rather than the colossal tanking they experienced this January), I still like the team we have to be competitive for that top spot. That being said, I felt that way for two years leading up to this season--as NSU4LIFE so graciously pointed out a few weeks ago--and that didn't come to fruition as hoped.

I'd like to think that what the Vikes return, combined with whatever else they bring in this offseason, we will be competitive for that top spot in the South, but this past season has certainly put more doubt in my mind than I was expecting. If King and Dillon come in right away and gel with the rest of what the Warriors bring back, they should definitely be near the top. Then again, we've also seen the Mavericks bring in seemingly high-level D1 transfers (like Juwan McCloud) and have those players fail to live up to expectations too.

To the point someone made in the other thread, there haven't been a ton of D1 transfers in Eisner's era. Should be interesting to see how he brings them into the mix. Obviously he's had several JUCO transfers, so it's not totally foreign, but they will certainly be one of the most interesting teams to watch throughout next season.

Assuming we have a next season.
    I think augie, Winona and USF all have arguments as the favorite in the south next season. USF proved it last year. The other two appear to have the pieces on paper. With the number of guys coming back next year in nsic and the number of transfers already committed, i think the nsic is going to be really good the next few years. Should be some really fun basketball to watch.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied

Winona can't be the favorite coming in. On paper, maybe. But you can't make a team the favorite until they get on the floor and gel together. That said, the lose of Wagner hurts. But it stings much less with the recent transfer news.

Augie is still the favorite, if one because the conference will ensure they have ever advantage. :)
    Haven't we done that with Mankato for years? Congrats, it's now your mountain.

Leave a comment:

• wsuguy87
    replied
    Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

This is where part of me wants to jump in and comment that if Augie lives up to expectations (rather than the colossal tanking they experienced this January), I still like the team we have to be competitive for that top spot. That being said, I felt that way for two years leading up to this season--as NSU4LIFE so graciously pointed out a few weeks ago--and that didn't come to fruition as hoped.

I'd like to think that what the Vikes return, combined with whatever else they bring in this offseason, we will be competitive for that top spot in the South, but this past season has certainly put more doubt in my mind than I was expecting. If King and Dillon come in right away and gel with the rest of what the Warriors bring back, they should definitely be near the top. Then again, we've also seen the Mavericks bring in seemingly high-level D1 transfers (like Juwan McCloud) and have those players fail to live up to expectations too.

To the point someone made in the other thread, there haven't been a ton of D1 transfers in Eisner's era. Should be interesting to see how he brings them into the mix. Obviously he's had several JUCO transfers, so it's not totally foreign, but they will certainly be one of the most interesting teams to watch throughout next season.

Assuming we have a next season.
    Winona can't be the favorite coming in. On paper, maybe. But you can't make a team the favorite until they get on the floor and gel together. That said, the lose of Wagner hurts. But it stings much less with the recent transfer news.

Augie is still the favorite, if one because the conference will ensure they have ever advantage. :)

Leave a comment:

• wsuguy87
    replied
    Originally posted by DapperDan View Post

Maybe we can pull a few of the castaways back onto the board.
    Just saw the second SDSU transfer. He's 6'8 230, which is pretty much exactly what this team needed.

There is still another King brother out there who would be a great late addition to the class. :)

Leave a comment:

• DapperDan
    replied
    Originally posted by The Craigler View Post
    Wow! 2 D1 transfers incoming for Winona State. Owen King and Alou Dillon from South Dakota State.
    Maybe we can pull a few of the castaways back onto the board.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X