Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wsufamily View Post
    So who did they run off to get these two on full scholarship? Would be interesting to see who is not back. Staff has a track record now of changing out players quicker than you can get your tires changed at Tires Plus. Hope they finally put a solid product on the floor they have been given plenty of time here to do something and they have done nothing.
    I was waiting for you to come out of your slumber and rain some hatred down on the moment. Glad I no long have to wait!

Comment

Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post

I was waiting for you to come out of your slumber and rain some hatred down on the moment. Glad I no long have to wait!
      No kidding

Comment

So who did they run off to get these two on full scholarship? Would be interesting to see who is not back. Staff has a track record now of changing out players quicker than you can get your tires changed at Tires Plus. Hope they finally put a solid product on the floor they have been given plenty of time here to do something and they have done nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post

Rain down hate? I said I was glad they brought in some talent finally. Am I wrong to ask who they ran off? I think that is a legit question. Isn't D2 and WSU about the student first and athlete second? Never used to be this way at WSU but alas that was a while back. Hey how has Brown, Gove and Henderson been doing at WT? Still behind running them off and not being the main reason why WSU had the run they did? Kind of sad the program didn't even recognize John Smith in the D2 HOF that would be a pretty big deal. Malvik just is a great alumni relations guy for the team, just so many former players always around the program now. Its just sad no one sticks up for any of these people so I will do it here its the least I can do. There now you have some hate to chew on.

Comment

Rain down hate? I said I was glad they brought in some talent finally. Am I wrong to ask who they ran off? I think that is a legit question. Isn't D2 and WSU about the student first and athlete second? Never used to be this way at WSU but alas that was a while back. Hey how has Brown, Gove and Henderson been doing at WT? Still behind running them off and not being the main reason why WSU had the run they did? Kind of sad the program didn't even recognize John Smith in the D2 HOF that would be a pretty big deal. Malvik just is a great alumni relations guy for the team, just so many former players always around the program now. Its just sad no one sticks up for any of these people so I will do it here its the least I can do. There now you have some hate to chew on.
            You're consistent. I'll give you that. Thankfully, I got my umbrella in place long ago so your rain isn't nearly as loud anymore.

I will add this. I have never said there weren't bad decisions made. I have never said no one has ever been "run off." I have never said they shouldn't honor the past better. I just don't say it in every post. And with such blind hatred. But, as I have said, you do you.

Comment

As a non-WSU person, I hesitate to enter this fray, but I had a similar question: How are the scholarships going to be divvied up for all these players? They're going to be stacked next year, no doubt. But with only 10 FTE scholarships to go around at the D2 level, the options are partial scholarships, some players paying their own way, or a couple/few players leaving the program.

I think that's the reason Billeter brought in only one recruit this year at Augie. He had only so much scholarship money to spread around given all the returning players.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Ridge Viking View Post

As a non-WSU person, I hesitate to enter this fray, but I had a similar question: How are the scholarships going to be divvied up for all these players? They're going to be stacked next year, no doubt. But with only 10 FTE scholarships to go around at the D2 level, the options are partial scholarships, some players paying their own way, or a couple/few players leaving the program.

I think that's the reason Billeter brought in only one recruit this year at Augie. He had only so much scholarship money to spread around given all the returning players.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled LU View Post
                    Since I live in St. Louis, I only see SDSU play a few times a year but both guys looked impressive. From what I've seen you've picked up two very good players and I'm sure you'll snag King's brother too. Alou should have gotten more playing time. He's sneaky fast and powerful. I tipped off the Lindenwood coach about both these guys, but too late. Fans I checked with in the Brookings area thought Alou had D1 teams after him. Still can't figure out why they let him go, but he had good talent ahead of him and probably wouldn't have started-- certainly should have gotten more time though.
                    Looks like Noah will be heading to Kirkwood CC. The NSIC can breathe a brief sigh of relief.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RyanJames...31081281294336

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

Looks like Noah will be heading to Kirkwood CC. The NSIC can breathe a brief sigh of relief.

Imagine we are done then. Just have to struggle through with what we have.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

Yep.

https://www.postbulletin.com/sports/...acaae1caa.html

Comment

I have always just assumed that most programs are doing a scholarship set up like you suggest. Half the guys on fulls, with halves going to the others. Who gets what likely changes on an annual basis. Maybe I'm totally wrong, but that approach seems to make sense.

Comment

A friend and I had speculated that perhaps Noah could still end up at WSU for his brother's senior season. I actually kind of respect his decision to not just sign at another D1 (or DII for that matter) without being able to have a full and open recruitment.

Comment

https://winonastatewarriors.com/news...ing-class.aspx

Comment

One more

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X