• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://t.co/z0P0mVN5Yk

Comment

https://twitter.com/i/redirect?url=h...=244+272699400

Comment

For some reason, I can't get this link to load properly. Is there news we need to know?

Comment

Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post

For some reason, I can't get this link to load properly. Is there news we need to know?
          John Smith's HOF induction. Well worth the watch. He gives a lot of credit to Brown and Gove.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPetynJi9Jg&t=4s
          Last edited by laker; 06-14-2020, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Its a year out but put it here rather than start a new thread.

https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/connor-drew

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
              Its a year out but put it here rather than start a new thread.

https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/connor-drew
              That kid is awful tall for a 6'2 point guard. :)

Comment

Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post

That kid is awful tall for a 6'2 point guard. :)
                As is standard with high school recruits, I know nothing about this fellow but have to conclude recruiting is on the upswing as we are winning battles with other schools now. For awhile it seemed if someone else was offering we had no chance.

Comment

I thought this player transferred. He shows on the roster but shares assigned jersey #4 with Alou Dillon so I am speculating it is a mistake.

https://winonastatewarriors.com/spor...-goodwin/10028

Comment

Rough start for WSU. However, looks like Alou Dillon is out for the year with a torn meniscus, Alec Rosner has a knee injury and Owen King is playing with a foot injury.

Comment

Originally posted by The Craigler View Post
                      Rough start for WSU. However, looks like Alou Dillon is out for the year with a torn meniscus, Alec Rosner has a knee injury and Owen King is playing with a foot injury.
                      Thanks for the uplifting news. Answers my question about Dillon included with post on the other thread. This is another constant in the Eisner era. Practice injuries. Losing Dillon takes the bloom off this rose as complete lack of deep and punishing size is now official. I sure was looking for to seeing him play (at least virtually). The King news likely offers some explanation to his poor game yesterday. Rosner is a good piece too. The more things change the more they stay the same I guess.

Comment

After posting a year ago on the Jackrabbit board that they should have played Dillon a lot more, I was wondering why he hadn't played at all. Thought I had misjudged him. Any word on his injury? Meniscus is pretty serious.

Comment

Just sat and talked to John Smith for an hour or so as he wore a West Texas A&M shirt and shared the details on the Winona situation. Wow, I understand the Winona fans frustrations better after that conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
                            Just sat and talked to John Smith for an hour or so as he wore a West Texas A&M shirt and shared the details on the Winona situation. Wow, I understand the Winona fans frustrations better after that conversation.
                            Ooof...check on the Winona fans today. Hearing him wearing that shirt that just shoves the knife in a little further. I'm way past the point if feeling bad for you guys as fans.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Ooof...check on the Winona fans today. Hearing him wearing that shirt that just shoves the knife in a little further. I'm way past the point if feeling bad for you guys as fans.
                              Don't recall anybody asking or expecting you to feel bad for "us guys". I rather doubt you ever felt bad about the Winona blowup with Leaf, which was kind of like bankruptcy, a little at time and then all at once. Sort of opened the door for "you guys" actually. We, of course, feel cheated watching Brown and Gove turn the West Texas program from dormant to powerhouse while WSU struggles with mediocrity. It's all on the back of one high and mighty new hire AD who either didn't comprehend who built that program, or worse, didn't care. And the way they treated John Smith and the rest of those teams is really incomprehensible. Why would any school take so little interest in that legacy? Leaf fiasco or no Leaf fiasco. What did they have to do with that? Sure they came late to the party with half hearted honors but too little too late far as I'm concerned. If only Larry Holstad had stuck around a little longer. He would not have made the same pompous mistake. But it was a long time ago now. Life goes on. Hope springs eternal.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post

Don't recall anybody asking or expecting you to feel bad for "us guys". I rather doubt you ever felt bad about the Winona blowup with Leaf, which was kind of like bankruptcy, a little at time and then all at once. Sort of opened the door for "you guys" actually. We, of course, feel cheated watching Brown and Gove turn the West Texas program from dormant to powerhouse while WSU struggles with mediocrity. It's all on the back of one high and mighty new hire AD who either didn't comprehend who built that program, or worse, didn't care. And the way they treated John Smith and the rest of those teams is really incomprehensible. Why would any school take so little interest in that legacy? Leaf fiasco or no Leaf fiasco. What did they have to do with that? Sure they came late to the party with half hearted honors but too little too late far as I'm concerned. If only Larry Holstad had stuck around a little longer. He would not have made the same pompous mistake. But it was a long time ago now. Life goes on. Hope springs eternal.
                                Sheesh....ok, I don't feel bad.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X