X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrMustang
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
    Trying to get some discussion going here....who are some of your favorite players over the years in your program's history who maybe get forgotten or overlooked by the masses in discussions about former players?

A few examples from SMSU over the past couple decade could include LaRon Dawn, Chad Orum, Matt Zager and Turner Moen.
    Scott Roehl for the Mustangs. Beast

best rebounder I have ever seen

Leave a comment:

• Thunder
    replied
    So I took underappreciated to mean players that did not receive awards and accolades like all-conference. The 2 that I thought of from the most recent runs of Northern success were Bo Fries and Kyle Schwan. They are both beloved by the Northern fan base because they local kids (Kyle from Aberdeen, and Bo from a small town less than an hour away), but didn't receive much publicity otherwise. Bo was the perfect role player during his time at Northern. He played bigger than he was, provided a three-point threat, and always played good defense. Schwan suffered through a ton of injuries or he could have been an even bigger part of the mid-aughts teams. He often seemed like Coach Meyer's whipping boy as he was regularly subject to some of the harsher butt chewings. But he also played hard and provided a scoring threat.

Leave a comment:

• Alfred33
    replied
    For sure.... 100%. I know he was very generous with his time away from school and the basketball court, working at group homes, doing church camps for kids, mission trips, and probably more than we even know. I loved the way he played basketball... never got out-hustled, enjoyed doing the dirty work, and always smiling. :)

Leave a comment:

• NWHoops
    replied
    Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post
    I'll bite. From the 2017 NW National Championship team, I think D'Vante Mosby would qualify as someone who probably gets overlooked. A reserve player that just provided crazy amounts of energy and hustle. Rebounding, loose balls, attitude, guarded bigger stronger players. Nothing elite about his game, but kind of a junk yard dog type that was definitely a key player in the team's run that year. Great kid too.
    His leadership was a great asset also. Saying he's a great kid is really underselling it (I know you weren't doing that in any way). He's as good of a person as any I've ever encountered. He was mature way beyond his years.

Leave a comment:

• Alfred33
    replied
    I'll bite. From the 2017 NW National Championship team, I think D'Vante Mosby would qualify as someone who probably gets overlooked. A reserve player that just provided crazy amounts of energy and hustle. Rebounding, loose balls, attitude, guarded bigger stronger players. Nothing elite about his game, but kind of a junk yard dog type that was definitely a key player in the team's run that year. Great kid too.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    started a topic Underappreciated talents

Underappreciated talents

Trying to get some discussion going here....who are some of your favorite players over the years in your program's history who maybe get forgotten or overlooked by the masses in discussions about former players?

A few examples from SMSU over the past couple decade could include LaRon Dawn, Chad Orum, Matt Zager and Turner Moen.

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X