Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Otis Day
    replied
    But is it a DTS Pub & PRIMETIME PIZZA (escalating noise level) worthy idea?!?!

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied
    Haha... I wonder if Shrimptastic of northeast Iowa have franchises available. There is money to be made in aquaculture.

Leave a comment:

• Purple Mav Man
    replied
    Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Teams could possibly sell ads on stream to help recoup the revenue? Their stream viewership would increase if people can't be in attendance. Just a thought, anyway.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by Mule4ever View Post

Ok I'll put my 2 cents in. Why would any teams play when $$$$ is not coming in from fans,tv or streaming. Or all the other ways wouldn't it be better to focus on getting an education and if possible keep the year of eligibility then later use it for grad school or if needed to graduate. I would rather take less chances with crowds and try to keep my day to day activities more normal.
    Teams could possibly sell ads on stream to help recoup the revenue? Their stream viewership would increase if people can't be in attendance. Just a thought, anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Moorhead123
    replied
    Originally posted by Mule4ever View Post

Ok I'll put my 2 cents in. Why would any teams play when $$$$ is not coming in from fans,tv or streaming. Or all the other ways wouldn't it be better to focus on getting an education and if possible keep the year of eligibility then later use it for grad school or if needed to graduate. I would rather take less chances with crowds and try to keep my day to day activities more normal.
    Teams can still stream games. If that spreads Covid we are really in trouble. :)

Not sure how much money is made on the fans. Many teams average 500-1000 fans per game. My guess is 50% are true paying fans. Not sure there are huge dollars made off the fans. Obviously a minority of schools (Like Northern st.) may get 2,000+ fans per game and may be more significant $$ involved.

Leave a comment:

• Mule4ever
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Moorhead123
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post

Putting that fine NSU education to use I see. :)
    Caught between saying you or being wordy and saying your pessimism...sue me. You guys could probably use the funds. ;)

Leave a comment:

• simple as a $3 bill
    replied
    Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Only loss out of this is not being bale to watch my Fresno State DAWGS! It is disappointing and is cutting into my optimism so that is enough out of your for today.
    Putting that fine NSU education to use I see. :)

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    Well, with the announcement today by the California State University system of virtual learning on their campuses for the Fall Semester with minimal students on campus until at least Winter Semester. https://www.nbcnews.com/news/educati...ester-n1205691
    That kills all of their Fall sport and probably their Winter ones also as most of them would start practicing in the Fall.
    It affects the following Div. II CCAA Chico, San Francisco, Humboldt, Pomona, Los Angeles, Stanislaus, East Bay, Dominguez Hills, Sonoma, San Bernadino, San Marcos and Monterey Bay and the following Div I's San Jose, San Diego, San Louis Obispo, Fresno, Sacramento, Long Beach, Fullerton, Northridge and Bakersfield across 4 conferences Big West - 4, Mountain West - 3, WAC and Big Sky 1 each.
    This is not good
    Only loss out of this is not being bale to watch my Fresno State DAWGS! It is disappointing and is cutting into my optimism so that is enough out of your for today.

Leave a comment:

• simple as a $3 bill
    started a topic Covid 19 starting to affect 20-21

Covid 19 starting to affect 20-21

Well, with the announcement today by the California State University system of virtual learning on their campuses for the Fall Semester with minimal students on campus until at least Winter Semester. https://www.nbcnews.com/news/educati...ester-n1205691
    That kills all of their Fall sport and probably their Winter ones also as most of them would start practicing in the Fall.
    It affects the following Div. II CCAA Chico, San Francisco, Humboldt, Pomona, Los Angeles, Stanislaus, East Bay, Dominguez Hills, Sonoma, San Bernadino, San Marcos and Monterey Bay and the following Div I's San Jose, San Diego, San Louis Obispo, Fresno, Sacramento, Long Beach, Fullerton, Northridge and Bakersfield across 4 conferences Big West - 4, Mountain West - 3, WAC and Big Sky 1 each.
    This is not good

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X