Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIAA Week 7 Chat

What are some of the highlights of week 7 in the MIAA? The biggest question, will NWMS run the table and go undefeated in the league? This weekend is probably their toughest road swing left with Lindenwood on Thursday and Lincoln on Saturday. Based on what I have seen and based on last week's lopsided wins over Pitt State and MO Southern, I do not see anyone stopping them at this point. It will be interesting to see what happens with Fort Hays State and Pitt St. Pitt St. had a disastrous road swing with losses at NWMS and MO West and FHSU lost at UNK. Who will rebound and who will head back to the middle of the pack in the conference? FHSU has two tough ones in at Pitt St. and at Mo. Southern. The only intrigue left in the conference race at this point is who can secure the #2, #3 and #4 seeds in the conference tourney and what 2 teams besides NWMS can differentiate themselves from the pack and get a NCAA tournament bid.

Re: MIAA Week 7 Chat

I'm thinking the Mules go 1-1 this week lose to Washburn beat Emporia. At 4-7 getting back on the winning side in conference play will be a tall task.

Comment

Originally posted by Mule4ever View Post
      I'm thinking the Mules go 1-1 this week lose to Washburn beat Emporia. At 4-7 getting back on the winning side in conference play will be a tall task.
      We expect to get UCM's best shot on Wed. night.

Comment

Pitt just can't win on the road. COuple of home games this week, so they have a shot.

Comment

I see 3-5 more Pitt losses.

Comment

Spirited effort from the Mules tonight, but they fall 74-69 to Washburn. I think the Mules' postseason hopes come down to this Saturday against Emporia State. A win and they probably make the MIAA top ten, but a loss could cause them to barely miss out.

Comment

Just got home from Warrensburg. The Ichabods took a pretty good shot from the Mules, wobbled and then steadied themselves and finished it. Good team win. The Bods had some really bad possessions in the 2nd half but give UCM credit. They played hard and got after Washburn. Great scoring from Blake and Wilson off the bench with 21 and 19 respectively. 14pts 9 rebounds and 7 assists from stat stuffing point guard Tyler Geiman and a steady 12 from Salach led the Bods attack. SBU next in Bolivar.

Comment

I have to say that I get a little angry every time I go to the MIAA Scoreboard and the first thing I see are the number of baseball games being played already. I know they are being played further south than you guys, but meanwhile I'm constantly digging out of 8 feet of snow in -30 degree weather. I have to keep telling myself that I love living here even though it hurts my face to walk outside.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
                  I have to say that I get a little angry every time I go to the MIAA Scoreboard and the first thing I see are the number of baseball games being played already. I know they are being played further south than you guys, but meanwhile I'm constantly digging out of 8 feet of snow in -30 degree weather. I have to keep telling myself that I love living here even though it hurts my face to walk outside.
                  Lol... I don't know how you guys do it. Is it at least more consistent up there? Last week here, it was -16 on Tuesday and 60 by Sunday and back again to freezing rain and snow last night. We don't have a chance to get used to anything!

Comment

Per The Joplin Globe today, Cam Martin (high ankle sprain) is most likely out for tonight's home game against Nebraska Kearney.

It was also mentioned that 6'10" sophomore Dexter Frisbee (foot) is most likely out for the season.

Can everyone else step up, at least until we get Cam back?

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post
                      Lol... I don't know how you guys do it. Is it at least more consistent up there? Last week here, it was -16 on Tuesday and 60 by Sunday and back again to freezing rain and snow last night. We don't have a chance to get used to anything!
                      It is consistently cold. In the last month we have had more days with a HIGH below zero than we have had above freezing.

Comment

It is consistently cold. In the last month we have had more days with a HIGH below zero than we have had above freezing.
                        (Please be the guy who gives basketball recruit campus tours, please be the guy who gives basketball recruit campus tours, please be the guy...)

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                          (Please be the guy who gives basketball recruit campus tours, please be the guy who gives basketball recruit campus tours, please be the guy...)
                          LOL

I work outside and obviously we have had some bad days this past month or so, but we had nothing really up until Christmas, a couple years ago it was much colder and we havent had snow like this in about six to seven years. Everything seems worse at the moment, in two months we wont even remember this past week.

Comment

MOVE

Comment

Southern escapes in Joplin over UNK

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X