Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 NSIC Recruiting

Mustangs open their 2021 class with a pretty nice get in Seargent Bluff-Luton (IA) forward Jake Layman, who had offers from Augustana and Sioux Falls.

There was discussion about this kid a few months back in the NSIC 2020-21 thread, but Cedar Rapids Kennedy forward Caleb Schlaak has already picked up a few NSIC offers from SMSU and UIU.

Not only is he the son of WSU Hall of Famer Kyle Schlaak, but his high school coach is the brother of UIU coach Brooks McKowen. Will the Warriors ever get in the mix?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
      There was discussion about this kid a few months back in the NSIC 2020-21 thread, but Cedar Rapids Kennedy forward Caleb Schlaak has already picked up a few NSIC offers from SMSU and UIU.

Not only is he the son of WSU Hall of Famer Kyle Schlaak, but his high school coach is the brother of UIU coach Brooks McKowen. Will the Warriors ever get in the mix?
      I wouldn't be shocked if the Warrior coaching staff is slightly more focused on whichever kid is transferring out of South Dakota State next and not super concerned about Mr. Schlaak.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

I wouldn't be shocked if the Warrior coaching staff is slightly more focused on whichever kid is transferring out of South Dakota State next and not super concerned about Mr. Schlaak.
        Interesting take. Getting two transfers from SDSU now makes the Warriors solely focused on that avenue?

Comment

Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post

Interesting take. Getting two transfers from SDSU now makes the Warriors solely focused on that avenue?
          Sorry, I forgot you were the only one allowed to joke on the boards.

Comment

Sorry, I forgot you were the only one allowed to joke on the boards.
            Not at all. I just missed it was a joke. I guess I am not that smart.

Comment

Comment

These days, there aren't exactly many people on the boards I reply to with my aggressive/biting sarcasm like I would have 7-8 years ago. Now it tends to be much more friendly sarcasm, since I generally like the majority of you schlubs on here.

Comment

These days, there aren't exactly many people on the boards I reply to with my aggressive/biting sarcasm like I would have 7-8 years ago. Now it tends to be much more friendly sarcasm, since I generally like the majority of you schlubs on here.
                  Ah, take off.

Comment

Respect. I initially thought it was a serious take. Which could be since they did just get two transfers. Maybe you knew something I don't. :)

Comment

Indeed. Hard not to be excited about next year's squad.

Comment

Another really nice get for the Mustangs. Had a USF offer.

Comment

Smsu will be one of the longer teams in the league the next 4-5 years. If their backcourt finds some real players...the future is looking bright in Marshall.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
                            Smsu will be one of the longer teams in the league the next 4-5 years. If their backcourt finds some real players...the future is looking bright in Marshall.
                            Keep an eye on the PG who redshirted last year out of White Bear Lake. Bigler kept talking up Sam Schwartz for most of the season. Will allow Cliff McCray and Kenny Byers to move off-ball some.

But yes, last year, only Dufault (5-11) and McCray (6-2) were shorter than 6-foot-4. Shortest in the 2020 class are two kids at 6-3. And now in 2021 we've already added a couple of long 6-foot-8 prospects. Far cry from some of the Mustangs teams of old that always seemed to be a little on the undersized end.

Comment

Thought Schwartz was more of a combo guard than a true point guard. Will be interested to see if he can run with the main pg duties.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X