• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSU signs kid from Kansas.

https://msumavericks.com/news/2020/1...ball-team.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post

You absolutely see more scorers than you used to, but 1.000 points is still pretty impressive.

THIS KID ALREADY HAS 4,000 AND HE HASN'T PLAYED HIS SENIOR SEASON YET!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought for sure it had to be a typo because that is bonkers. Assuming he has played since 7th grade, and assuming his team has played 30 games every season that is an average of at least 26.7 ppg. That's nuts!
      Not saying it's not accurate or legit, but looks like he plays at a small Christian school not a part of the WIAA. I've seen the MN versions of these schools, and it's not very pretty basketball many times. It's going to be a major jump in talent level.

EDIT: found highlights

Last edited by Stanger86; 12-02-2020, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

Not saying it's not accurate or legit, but looks like he plays at a small Christian school not a part of the WIAA. I've seen the MN versions of these schools, and it's not very pretty basketball many times. It's going to be a major jump in talent level.

Yes, I did a little more searching about this and judging by the school it looks like he could've been playing since 5th or 6th grade. This looks like a pretty low level of basketball, but good for him. I would imagine there are not a lot of kids in his division that get recruited to play any college basketball. It will no doubt be a huge adjustment for him, but I'm sure he's played summer ball against better competition. As someone who grew up in a small rural community it's always fun to see kids like this succeed (although not necessarily for Winona).

Comment

This was my first thought too. My younger brother had a good friend who played at one of these small Christian schools in MO. The competition was on par with most schools freshman teams but he had the whole offense ran through him, had about 50 shot attempts per game, and averaged 35-40 points a game. He ended up playing a little at UMKC which is a really bad D1 school but his scoring average looked really good in high school playing against that competition. In MO you can only play 4 years of high school per state guidelines but many of these Christian schools operate with their own guidelines outside of the state association.

Maybe this kid will be a good player. Best of luck to him.

Comment

His scoring numbers make more sense now. I would guess he plays some AAU ball in the summer. Will be fun to see how he turns out.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X