Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Lol
    Stark transferring...one more bullseye. I do have some positive news for you. Sounding like Tommy is staying at nsu.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post

Stark transferring...one more bullseye. I do have some positive news for you. Sounding like Tommy is staying at nsu.
      Keep doing your thing if you so choose, but if you can't take the Ls you won't receive praise for the Ws. I have a feeling it isn't over but at this point whatever we have next season is what it is. As I said, you enjoy what you have while you have it because it never lasts forever.

I made a prediction (which really wasn't all that bold) about five years ago...I believe this is about to come to fruition before fall, but that's just a feeling and reading between the lines.
      Last edited by NSU4LIFE; 03-23-2021, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Keep doing your thing if you so choose, but if you can't take the Ls you won't receive praise for the Ws. I have a feeling it isn't over but at this point whatever we have next season is what it is. As I said, you enjoy what you have it, while you have it because it never lasts forever.

I made a prediction (which really wasn't all that bold) about five years ago...I believe this is about to come to fruition before fall, but that's just a feeling and reading between the lines.
        Northern about to announce that it intends to transition to Division I?

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

Northern about to announce that it intends to transition to Division I?
          Augie built a new football stadium and then announced a D1 move...so....maybe we are just following Augies road map?

Nah, that isn't it

Comment

Augie built a new football stadium and then announced a D1 move...so....maybe we are just following Augies road map?

Nah, that isn't it
            What was this prediction?

Comment

• This is going to be pretty fascinating to see what Parker Fox actually accomplishes at the next level. These people on Twitter are suggesting Fox would be an "immediate impact player" at Minnesota if Ben Johnson offers him, as well as at several of the other high majors who have shown interest.

Obviously I've seen what has happened since simple as a $3 bill (who ISN'T an Augustana fan, for you internet idiots who checked this message board a month ago without ever having been on here before and assumed he was) was capping on Fox as an incoming freshman. He has clearly improved dramatically and is a ferociously-driven athlete and competitor, so I would never say it's out of the question that he could be that good. But still, with that in mind... is everyone else on here convinced that he would come in and make THAT level of impact in the Big 10, or in any other high-major/P5 conference?

I know we only played NSU one time this past year, but against two mid-major D1 transfer big men (Dykman and Riemersma, with a touch of Michael Schaefer thrown in), Fox went 5-12 with 13 points, 10 boards, 6 blocks, and 6 turnovers, and 5 fouls. Again, I know, I know, one game. But still...a lot of D2 teams don't have 2-3 solid/strong bigs like Augie did this year, and it seemed like Fox really struggled with us having multiple bigs who were skilled enough to keep up with him and guard him a little more effectively. On the flip side, a LOT of high major D1 teams have multiple competent big men on their rosters. I mean, I think about Fox going in against some of the bigs in the Big 10, and I just have a hard time seeing him as this "immediate impact player" to the degree that these fans are talking about.

Am I just being one of those "haters" that Fox's groupies will gleefully screenshot and post about in a year when he's 2nd Team All-Big 10 next season? Or are other people on here sort of thinking that these fans and analysts are getting caught up on Parker's stats? I'm genuinely curious. Again, clearly he thrives on being underestimated, but I'd be interested to know what some of the other people who have actually watched him play this year and previous years think about all of the "he basically has his pick of 100+ mid-majors and high-majors in the country" hype he's getting right now.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• I realized one of the other key factors in this is that he'll get two years, not just one, to come in and be an impact player. That extra year to transition from the speed and overall athleticism of opponents at the D2 level to the speed and overall athleticism of opponents at the high-D1 level will probably be hugely helpful. Or maybe he will come in and average 10-12 ppg or more immediately. Plenty of supposed "impact players" at the D1 level don't end up accomplishing that in their first year of D1 basketball.

He's obviously shown that doubting him is one of the easiest ways to be proven wrong, so it won't surprise me if he takes it to a next level, but I also think the points Thunder and Moorhead123 are making as areas he'll need to improve are pretty accurate. I'm sure he'll be as motivated as anyone to improve them quickly though.

Comment

• Saul is not planing to enter the portal:

https://twitter.com/DavidTukesbrey/s...654708228?s=19

Comment

• Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                        Saul is not planing to enter the portal:

Comment

• Saul Phillips is a class act. NSU fans have a great coach and he is going to do well in Aberdeen. Great interview and as a retired coach, I totally understand his feelings right now. Coaching is all about self-evaluation. Without it, one will not be around long.

Comment

• Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                            Saul is not planing to enter the portal:

I thought I was entering the Transfer Portal. Stood on a circle and said, "One to beam up, Scottie." Nothing happened and I realized it was the Star Trek set from Saturday Night Live.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X