Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boy is thay a perfect description.

I finally listenelistened. I wanted to fast forward but wasn't able to and glad I did.

As most cases, when you have a lot of success, your fan base gets a little spoiled. Most don't understand the ins and outs (I think we do for the most part on here) but I would say, a few conspiracy theorists or whatever you want to call them don't speak for the rest of us. As I told my crying kids...we were fortunate to have them and the success while we did. Players come and go but when you are a fan, booster or supporter it's much deeper than a player or three.

Glad coach mentioned that and how talented the already signed kids are. I'm pretty solid on believing in one transfer (just a hunch) and you can bet this is an attractive place with a coach that has a very good resume to bring in more. Will the streak of division, conference or conference tourney titles continue...idk. But if your Alma mater puts out a good product that gives you hope, what more can you realistic hope for in something you passionately love as a form of entertainment for us?

I was going to save some of this for a new thread for next season but finally got it out of me. Especially with Northwests win today, it makes it harder to think about how close the Wolves have come over the past 10-15 years. Glad Saul is staying and looking forward to the future.

Comment

• Nsu fans are definitely spoiled...many fan bases get that way when they have extended periods of success. Saul is also definitely correct that nsu has a lot to sell to recruits, which is why the nsu rebuild will likely be a quicker process than some other programs. Every program has to go through the rebuild process from time-to-time. Look at how many perennial top d1 programs struggled this season and are likely having to take a year or two to rebuild. One question/concern is will the top programs (both d1 and d2) experience less extended periods of success in the future as the transfer rules become easier for their top players to jump ship.

On a side note, I do think nsu/msum continue to develop a nice little rivalry (which northern clearly has gotten the better of lately), which I think is a good thing for the nsic that needs more such rivalries to continue to develop between teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Augie built a new football stadium and then announced a D1 move...so....maybe we are just following Augies road map?

Nah, that isn't it
        Moon to leave for a bigger AD job?

Comment

• Originally posted by Swisher View Post

Moon to leave for a bigger AD job?
          That is happening without question sooner than later.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSUguy View Post

That is happening without question sooner than later.

Comment

• I know one guy who might realllllly like that.

Comment

• Years ago I said this, and though I will likely be wrong, here it is...someday, there will be a conference made up of Iowa, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Nebraska, Minnesota, UND, NDSU, SDSU and USD. Potentially Colorado and Muck Fizzou as well, but mainly those ten.

Back on topic, I'd much rather be AD at Kansas than be a coach there.

Comment

• I think it is fair to say NSU has now been the second best team in the country 3 times (2008, 2018, 2021). And were one shot away from a National Championship in the last 2.

Comment

• Nw Missouri should send Saul a huge thank you note for not fouling at the end of regulation up 3 with under 10 seconds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thunder View Post
                      I think it is fair to say NSU has now been the second best team in the country 3 times (2008, 2018, 2021). And were one shot away from a National Championship in the last 2.

Comment

I think it is fair to say NSU has now been the second best team in the country 3 times (2008, 2018, 2021). And were one shot away from a National Championship in the last 2.
                        That is absolutely true and unfortunate, NSU was the only team to beat AU in 2015/2016 season as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
                          Nw Missouri should send Saul a huge thank you note for not fouling at the end of regulation up 3 with under 10 seconds.
                          Bad time of the season to make that big mistake.

Comment

almost

Comment

• Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
                              Nw Missouri should send Saul a huge thank you note for not fouling at the end of regulation up 3 with under 10 seconds.
                              You don't see that very often. Must be a reason. Maybe too much risk involved getting an intentional foul call? If that happens, NW gets 2 foul shots and gets the ball out of bounds.

Anyway, NSU will have a good nucleus of players with Chatman, Stark and Belka. Chatman is gonna be special when all said and done.
                              Go Hounds!
                              B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                              Cyclone Power
                              ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

• Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post

You don't see that very often. Must be a reason. Maybe too much risk involved getting an intentional foul call? If that happens, NW gets 2 foul shots and gets the ball out of bounds.

Anyway, NSU will have a good nucleus of players with Chatman, Stark and Belka. Chatman is gonna be special when all said and done.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X