Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSIC 20/21 - Key Players

I will assume, for the purpose of this post, and since I have no idea about their respective games, that the two D1 transfers (McGhee and Kueth) will be good to solid D2 players...understand this is a big assumption. This team has a chance to be fairly deep if a couple guys show some expected improvements from last year.

1. irsfeld
    2. baumgartner
    3. mcghee
    4. kueth
    5. zimmer

beeninga, Rund, mertens, sem, hanson, bergh, sevlie off the bench. Unlikely 7 guys will get real minutes off the bench...so some real competition will likely play out for the 9th and 10th spots off bench.

Dragons may have chance to play big or small. A lot will depend on if Bergh and sevlie return even more improved this season.

Comment

Here is a stab at Winona. (Same qualifier on the new talent.)
      A Dillon
      O King
      L Martens
      Taylor
      LoBiondo

With help from Peyton, Rosner, Lomas and Arenz.

Short season will make it tough for any freshmen to learn and blossom, but I will put some chips in that pot.

I see this team taking lots of shots.

Comment

Originally posted by War Eyore View Post
        Here is a stab at Winona. (Same qualifier on the new talent.)
        A Dillon
        O King
        L Martens
        Taylor
        LoBiondo

With help from Peyton, Rosner, Lomas and Arenz.

Short season will make it tough for any freshmen to learn and blossom, but I will put some chips in that pot.

I see this team taking lots of shots.
        What about whitlow? I would think he starts over martens?

Comment

For the Mustangs, the two names people need to know are Kenny Byers and Jake Phipps. Phipps averaged 12/5 the last 6 weekends of the season, while Byers was a consistent force all season and should've been all-NSIC first team. Sam Schwartz will come in and steady the PG position. Cliff McCray and Nick Dufault will man the other guard spot, and Brian Dayman is a lunch-pail hard-hat type of player who will probably be at PF again.

Comment

I believe the Wolves will have the best starting 5 in the NSIC, but I'm less certain on the depth behind them. I'm hoping the freshman Busch is able to step in and play significant minutes from day one. Fox and Stark will carry the load on offense for this team, but anyone Saul puts on the floor will at least be a threat to make a shot. Chatman coming back was huge for NSU and I really look forward to seeing his sophomore season.

Chatman
            Stark
            Kallman
            Bergan
            Fox

Belka
            Roko
            Robinson
            Reede
            Busch

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
              I believe the Wolves will have the best starting 5 in the NSIC, but I'm less certain on the depth behind them. I'm hoping the freshman Busch is able to step in and play significant minutes from day one. Fox and Stark will carry the load on offense for this team, but anyone Saul puts on the floor will at least be a threat to make a shot. Chatman coming back was huge for NSU and I really look forward to seeing his sophomore season.

Chatman
              Stark
              Kallman
              Bergan
              Fox

Belka
              Roko
              Robinson
              Reede
              Busch
              Certainly big to get Tommy back.

I think your starting five is correct. For the back up rotation you see...

Robinson
              Belka
              Solomon Bach (my newcomer of the year pick)
              Holt (maybe)
              Busch (because we will need some gaurd depth)

Roko can enter in a pinch and I just really don't see Reede ever getting a lot of playing time. I could certainly be wrong but just dont see it.

My bold prediction is you get to see Dakovin Prather more and more as the season progresses. He may not be and Ian Smith, but he will quietly come on the scene the same way and you'll say "where did he come from?"

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post

What about whitlow? I would think he starts over martens?
                Yes Whitelow will start. King will be the off guard. I do like this lineup.

Comment

Winona

Originally posted by Thunder View Post

Chatman
                  Stark
                  Kallman
                  Bergan
                  Fox

Belka
                  Roko
                  Robinson
                  Reede
                  Busch

Comment

I wish Seales was coming back. The Mavs and all the NSIC will miss him.

That Kirkwood team is going to score. Noah King and not one but two Seales brothers. Might have to find a way to watch their games.

Comment

my only prediction is that there won't be fans or it will be limited to 250 at the Minnesota venues which again will simply allow people to find other things to do. They return by fans in person, even when allowed will be slow. The schools still can't grasp that.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post

Yes Whitelow will start. King will be the off guard. I do like this lineup.
                        Agree...how good is the bench is the question for Winona.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Certainly big to get Tommy back.

I think your starting five is correct. For the back up rotation you see...

Robinson
                          Belka
                          Solomon Bach (my newcomer of the year pick)
                          Holt (maybe)
                          Busch (because we will need some gaurd depth)

Roko can enter in a pinch and I just really don't see Reede ever getting a lot of playing time. I could certainly be wrong but just dont see it.

My bold prediction is you get to see Dakovin Prather more and more as the season progresses. He may not be and Ian Smith, but he will quietly come on the scene the same way and you'll say "where did he come from?"

Comment

You are right...forgot about Cole Bergan. Thanks for the reminder.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

You are right...forgot about Cole Bergan. Thanks for the reminder.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X