Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 NSIC basketball schedule

It's been an understandably quiet board, so I'll throw out some possible news I've heard.

I don't believe that this is official yet, but I'm hearing the 2021 schedule is being reformulated. It'll start in January, and all games will be within division (north or south). Each weekend will be a double-header, with team A hosting team B on both Friday and Saturday. This will reduce potential Covid exposure each weekend. It will also help with keep costs down as travel expenses will be reduced.

I haven't heard anything about attendance policies. I suppose this could potentially be a school or Dept of Health decision rather than a league decision.

Originally posted by cat fan View Post
    It's been an understandably quiet board, so I'll throw out some possible news I've heard.

I don't believe that this is official yet, but I'm hearing the 2021 schedule is being reformulated. It'll start in January, and all games will be within division (north or south). Each weekend will be a double-header, with team A hosting team B on both Friday and Saturday. This will reduce potential Covid exposure each weekend. It will also help with keep costs down as travel expenses will be reduced.

I haven't heard anything about attendance policies. I suppose this could potentially be a school or Dept of Health decision rather than a league decision.
    On the first situation- it makes the most sense. Hockey teams do it.

On attendance- I was told that unless Minnesota relaxes the 250 person limit- and they have no plans to do so- fans will be extremely limited because you also have to count players, coaches, officials etc. At least at MSU the few open spots that they will have left will probably be reserved for parents and students who are helping to pay for this with their fees. As a decades long season ticket holder I'm not anticipated seeing any NSIC games in person this season. Maybe the NAIA schools will open up a little more.

Ridgewater CC in Willmar called off sports for the entire year already.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
    Working...
    X