Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSIC Announces 2020-21 Basketball & Wrestling Schedules

https://northernsun.org/news/2020/11...schedules.aspx

The men's and women's basketball schedules will be 16-games played over 8 weeks with teams playing the same opponent at one site on back-to-back days. The season will start with two non-conference games against one NSIC out-of-division opponent. The conference schedule will then consist of 14 games with teams playing each member of its division twice. For this season, the NSIC will only crown a North Division and South Division champion.

The conference will continue to monitor the landscape and conditions surrounding the pandemic, locally, regionally, and nationally, and make any decisions or announcements, at a later date, as necessary.

Link: MBB Schedule

Link: WBB Schedule

As of now, appears there will be no conference tournament.....

WSC's schdule

Jan. 2/3 - Northern State
    Jan. 8/9 - Concordia-St. Paul
    Jan. 15/16 - at Minnesota State-Mankato
    Jan. 22/23 - Upper Iowa
    Jan. 29/30 - at Winona State
    Feb. 5/6 - at Sioux Falls
    Feb. 12/13 - Southwest Minnesota State
    Feb. 19/20 - at Augustana

Comment

For these cash strapped athletic departments an economical schedule. playing same team twice on a weekend, Augustana has a weekend in Fayette IA. Maybe they could tour the Shrimptastic store!

Comment

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post
        WSC's schdule

Jan. 2/3 - Northern State
        Jan. 8/9 - Concordia-St. Paul
        Jan. 15/16 - at Minnesota State-Mankato
        Jan. 22/23 - Upper Iowa
        Jan. 29/30 - at Winona State
        Feb. 5/6 - at Sioux Falls
        Feb. 12/13 - Southwest Minnesota State
        Feb. 19/20 - at Augustana
        That is a very difficult schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post

That is a very difficult schedule.
          The players are going to be pretty hungry for action come January. What's that, like three months of practice without a game?

Comment

Interesting twist in the WSU schedule. They are scheduled to play at USF and Augie in back-to-back weekends. Do they stay all week in Sioux Falls? The conference living up to their new name (Sioux Falls Sun Conference) by driving more money into the local economy? Seems like a conspiracy I can post about endlessly for another year! :)

Comment

Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post
              Interesting twist in the WSU schedule. They are scheduled to play at USF and Augie in back-to-back weekends. Do they stay all week in Sioux Falls? The conference living up to their new name (Sioux Falls Sun Conference) by driving more money into the local economy? Seems like a conspiracy I can post about endlessly for another year! :)
              That schedule makes no sense to me at all.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Anymore word on Kobe king at Mankato?

Comment

WSC plays at Augie and at USF too.....hmmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post

Anymore word on Kobe king at Mankato?
                    Not even a whisper. I've got a dental appointment in North Mankato Monday. Not sure if I'll bother going to campus- I'm trying to get a plumber to come out after replacing my washer on Friday. The connecting pipe is leaking.

Comment

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post
                      WSC plays at Augie and at USF too.....hmmmmmm
                      I love that others are starting to see what I have been screaming about. All the favors being done for the Sioux Falls teams is sad. :)

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

In all seriousness, I agree. I don't get the wisdom in that unless schools plan to just sit tight in Sioux Falls. If most classes are online, the players could do classes from the hotel and have some "together time," but I guess it makes little sense outside that.

Comment

Not sure if many programs could take the hit of being on the road that long. Especially in todays budget crunch.

Comment

Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post

In all seriousness, I agree. I don't get the wisdom in that unless schools plan to just sit tight in Sioux Falls. If most classes are online, the players could do classes from the hotel and have some "together time," but I guess it makes little sense outside that.
                            The drive from Winona to Sioux Falls is about 4 hours straight freeway. That's no big deal. They will not be sheltering in place in Sioux Falls.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post

The drive from Winona to Sioux Falls is about 4 hours straight freeway. That's no big deal. They will not be sheltering in place in Sioux Falls.
                              Then the scheduling makes even less sense. Sending a team back and forth in less than 3 or 4 days is dumb.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X