X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIAA Men - Week One

In order of the preseason rankings:

at 1-1

Saturday night they were celebrating a nice road win at Central Oklahoma. I think we are all going to see soon that Coach Anderson has brought in a pretty talented and competitive assortment of transfers.

VAT#123456

Mr. Wizard--Pretty good take on the conference. I think Emporia State and Pitt State are much better this year. Newman also might be a little better as well. In all fairness to UNK, they have been hit hard by COVID and FHSU has some injuries. We got a couple of nice wins this weekend but I expect those two teams to get better. UCO is another team that I think will be better as well. I agree with you on MO Southern. I think building around Cam is a pretty nice place to start.

Comment

I'm not sure how good UNK will be this year, but they did play this week without 3 would-be starters. When at full strength, they should be a more competitive team.

Comment

Originally posted by loper legionnaire View Post
        I'm not sure how good UNK will be this year, but they did play this week without 3 would-be starters. When at full strength, they should be a more competitive team.
        When you play somebody may be more important this year than ever before.

(tough to see an undefeated team behind a winless team that they beat head-to-head, but I get the logic of it).

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

When you play somebody may be more important this year than ever before.

(tough to see an undefeated team behind a winless team that they beat head-to-head, but I get the logic of it).

Comment

What have we learned so far? Mo. Southern is off to a 3-0 start with an impressive win at UCM led by Cam Martin. MO West might have the most impressive win, winning by 13 at Rogers in Coach Martin's debut. Pitt State looks to be better and if off to a 2-0 start with two close wins and Emporia State and Washburn got two nice wins on the road at Hays and Kearney. It looks like Newman might be better this year. They lost two really close games at home and UCO also looks to be better taking MO Southern down to the wire. The 1st week wraps up with three interesting games. MO Southern @ Lincoln--always a tough place to play, Pitt St @ UCM--the Mules need this one and Emporia State @ Northeastern St--Coach Havens make his debut for the RiverHawks after postponing their first two because of COVID. After Saturday it is "on to Week 2".

Comment

Week one wrapped up with 2 wins at home with Lincoln beating MO Southern and UCM beating Pitt State. A lot of parity in the league it appears. On to Week 2!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X