Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019-20 SMSU Mustangs: Rebuilding the Dream

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
    Saw some of the team in the gym recently. I don't know how good we'll be, but I think this will be a fun group to watch over the next two years.
    They lost a lot last year and will likely be rebuilding year, but who knows...

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
      They lost a lot last year and will likely be rebuilding year, but who knows...
      As I said earlier this month, we may be better than expected for the simple fact that most of the conference seems like it will be down. Thankfully, this is a team that has time to grow (no seniors). Wouldn't surprise me if around midyear things start clicking for the group.

Comment

As I said earlier this month, we may be better than expected for the simple fact that most of the conference seems like it will be down. Thankfully, this is a team that has time to grow (no seniors). Wouldn't surprise me if around midyear things start clicking for the group.
        Always hard to know if league is going to better or worse from year to year. So many players coming and going each year. Last year I thought league was going to be down in preseason. Then midway through season thought the league was better than anticipated. Then obviously not a good showing in regional so maybe league was down or maybe region was up....

Comment

Comment

Is that first game the Gophers or Cougars?

Comment

gophers

Comment

Comment

Comment

New jerseys coming this year! This is just one of three. I believe they're the same design, but different colors (brown, white, Vegas gold). Only brown ones have names on the back.

Comment

I read that Bruggeman signed overseas somewhere. If true than good for him.

Comment

Pretty excited for the season - I think the Mustangs will be fun to watch. will be some learning curves and maybe a few flops as a result, but I think they are going to be competitive and surprise some people.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
                          Pretty excited for the season - I think the Mustangs will be fun to watch. will be some learning curves and maybe a few flops as a result, but I think they are going to be competitive and surprise some people.
                          I love the length and the defensive potential of this group. Offense might be a little slower to come around, but that's something that will usually take care of itself in the Bigler system. Fortunately, there are going to be enough newcomers in the rotation that everyone won't necessarily be looking for a Bruggeman bailout because I think only three returners were in the rotation last year. One of the biggest things that excites me is the youth. No seniors and only three juniors, so these guys are going to have a lot of time to grow their games together. Kinda reminds me of Shaun Condon's second senior season. That group ended up doing okay.

Comment

I think a huge factor will be if we get much from Weston and Jake at center. need them to rebound and block shots and defend. I can see them being in foul trouble. If that doesn't happen. i think that we have a potential to be pretty good. if they are always in foul trouble, then we will have to play run and gun. That is one thing I think worth watching.

We don't need Weston to score 10 ppg. But if he can get 7 rebounds and 3 blocks a game, I think we will win 4-5 more games as that adds a dimension. Will be interesting to see.

Comment

Kenny off to a great start with a double-double in both games.

Hanson, Dufault,Kramer off to inconsistent starts but they will come around.

Pleased by big Jake to start the season.

Bigler needs to coach better. obviously they aren't practicing free throws!

Comment

Season started about as expected. Flashes of brilliance but then long flashed and droughts of inconsistency

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X