Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mustangs shot 48 % this weekend from the free throw line. How is that possible?

What was looked at as a "free " year to get things figured out hasn't really worked out. Too many missed games. too many missed practices. Feel bad for the kids. The NSIC botched this thing from the start and our young team has suffered.

Comment

Tim Miles is a finalist for the New Mexico job, along with Richard Pitino:

Report: Gophers to 'part ways' with basketball coach Richard Pitino - Bring Me The News

I saw a rumor that Miles was also scheduled to interview with the Gophers but I couldn't confirm it.

Comment

nothing new to report

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
          nothing new to report

Comment

Last I've heard, that's the plan.

Comment

Oh boy...

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
                Oh boy...

Politically correct insanity. The whole cultural appropriation claim in BS.

Comment

Totally understand not wanting to break the tradition, but wouldn't an easy solution be to just call it Tropical Night?

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                    Totally understand not wanting to break the tradition, but wouldn't an easy solution be to just call it Tropical Night?
                    Why not call it Tropic Thunder?

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Why not call it Tropic Thunder?
                      In 2021, Tropic Thunder is more un-PC than an event called Hawaiian Night.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                        This petition was posted before the administration made any formal statement, and implied that the event was going to be outright cancelled - which apparently isn't the case. They are exploring other names, and Tropical Night is one of them. Swinter Night is another - I don't remember the rest.

Not a fan of the name change, but get it over with, parade it as a "victory", and move on... the world will keep turning.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

This petition was posted before the administration made any formal statement, and implied that the event was going to be outright cancelled - which apparently isn't the case. They are exploring other names, and Tropical Night is one of them. Swinter Night is another - I don't remember the rest.

Not a fan of the name change, but get it over with, parade it as a "victory", and move on... the world will keep turning.

Comment

It will all likely end at some point, but the last place to end it will be the colleges and universities.

Comment

Are you asking my personal opinion, or rhetorically?

Personally, as an indigenous studies (secondary) major - I don't have an issue with the name, nor do I support the effort to change it. It's literally no different than if the University of Hawaii-Hilo wanted to do a "Minnesotan Night," which everyone would be cool with.

That being said - there are far more important things in this world to devote my energy too than being upset over this, especially since I can't control it. Trying to shift my career, apartment hunting, car hunting, trying to maintain an eBay store, etc. etc. - it's just not worth my attention. Besides, it will be forgotten about quite quickly. It always does.

Comment

This is unrelated to the discussion, but just in case anyone didn't see the post on the football board:

Chris Hmielewski announces resignation as SMSU Director of Athletics - SMSU Athletics (smsumustangs.com)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X