Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
      NW hangs on to beat UCM 74-67 after getting out to a 20 pt lead in 2nd half.
      It's the 3rd time in 4 games the Mules made a run and the 2nd half but were never actually a threat to win the game.

Comment

NW hangs on to beat UCM 74-67 after getting out to a 20 pt lead in 2nd half.
        Got a little sloppy when Central extended their pressure to 3/4 court. We didn't have trouble breaking it, but we didn't attack it either. Really slowed us down and got us starting our offense later in the shot clock. Some of that was probably us trying to use clock too, but we looked like we were affected and turned the ball over more in the half court than I have seen in a long time. I'm not saying I'm concerned, but I'm sure Mac wasn't happy with the execution and it will give him some ammo for practice. You couple that with Cameron Hunter unable to miss down the stretch, what looked like what was headed towards a blowout, wasn't.

Comment

It looks like Roger State had a nice come from behind victory at Pitt State last night. Also, Missouri Western had a really good win over Lincoln at home. Washburn played KU tough for the first 12 minutes (27 to 22) with 7 something to go in the first half. Wheels kind of came off after that. Good experience for the kids but it was pretty eery in Allen Fieldhouse last night with about 100 people in attendance.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

Got a little sloppy when Central extended their pressure to 3/4 court. We didn't have trouble breaking it, but we didn't attack it either. Really slowed us down and got us starting our offense later in the shot clock. Some of that was probably us trying to use clock too, but we looked like we were affected and turned the ball over more in the half court than I have seen in a long time. I'm not saying I'm concerned, but I'm sure Mac wasn't happy with the execution and it will give him some ammo for practice. You couple that with Cameron Hunter unable to miss down the stretch, what looked like what was headed towards a blowout, wasn't.
            Spot on. We were up 19 at one point (that's the largest lead I recall) but as you stated, that was as sloppy with turnovers as I can recall NW being in the last couple years. That made the game closer than it should have been.

Comment

Week 2 is a wrap. There are 4 undefeated teams left. Washburn-4 & 0, Emporia St, MO West and NWMS are all 3-0. Very impressive win by MO West over UCM and without Carroll. Also, a dominant win by NWMS over Lincoln. On to week 3. NWMS at MO West and Washburn at Rogers State are two of the biggest games of the week. Top individual performances: Ryan Hawkins 34 pts and Tyler Geiman flirting with a triple double with 21pts, 9 reb, 8 assists and 5 steals in their victory over Newman.

Comment

NW 84 LU 54

Comment

NW 84 LU 54
                  That score totally surprised me. Hawk and Hudgins got pulled at the 7 minute mark and both had an outstanding day. Hudgins was 5 for 5 from the 3 pt line. Really like what I am seeing in the newcomers as they get more comfortable in the offense and they look to be working hard on defense. We have some challenging games ahead as I see a number of teams that could put a dent in anyone's season. This next game for the Bearcats at St. Joe could be a barnburner.

Comment

Mules lose again, now 1-4. Crazy stat, in the 4 losses Cam Hunter has scored 24-16-23-23. In the 1 win he scored 13, 8 of those from the free throw line in the final minute and a half.

Comment

I don't remember the Griffons ever scoring 100 against a conference opponent, and didn't find one in a quick check online. And that's without the starting PG, numerous missed layups in the first half (I think 8), and a scoreless streak of almost four minutes after the opening bucket. Obviously not going to shoot the 3 that well all season, but should be a fun team to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
                        I don't remember the Griffons ever scoring 100 against a conference opponent, and didn't find one in a quick check online. And that's without the starting PG, numerous missed layups in the first half (I think 8), and a scoreless streak of almost four minutes after the opening bucket. Obviously not going to shoot the 3 that well all season, but should be a fun team to watch.
                        I am hoping Tom Smith is on the broadcast of Saturday's game. I really enjoy his insight in the game of basketball. Should be a fun day with great basketball.
                        Last edited by Thepeman; 12-07-2020, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thepeman View Post

I am hoping Tom Smith is on the broadcast of Saturday's game. I really enjoy his insight in the game of basketball. Should be a fun day with great basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
                            Wow, pretty impressive. Maybe the NW men's covid outbreak was intentional to avoid facing the mighty Griffons ;)

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

Wow, pretty impressive. Maybe the NW men's covid outbreak was intentional to avoid facing the mighty Griffons ;)
                                74 points through 30 at Northeastern this afternoon. Bearcats should probably go ahead and check in their gear for the season. ;)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X