Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIAA--Week 3

Another intriguing week in the MIAA. Two biggest games at the top of the conference: NWMS@MO West & Washburn@ Rogers St. Both should be great games. NWMS & MO West are both undefeated and are #1 (MWSU) and #3 in offense in the conference. Washburn @ Rogers St. will be a tough road game for Washburn. Rogers St. has been a hard luck team losing in OT to MO West and losing in a tight game to NWMS both at home. They came back to lose a really close one at MO Southern and then had their first conf. win at Pitt on Sat. I expect them to be a tough out especially since they have so many new players. It always takes a while to get a new team playing well. They keep getting better every game. Emporia State is still off due to COVID but is schedule to resume next Thursday against Lincoln at home. Individually Hawkins, Martin, Vitzum and Hudgins are all averaging over 20ppg to lead the conference. Vitzum and Martin are both in the top 4 in rpg with Vitzum leading the conference at over 11 a game. Tyler Geiman leads the conf. in assists and is 3rd in steals. Trevor Hudgins is in the top 5 in both of those categories as well. Hudgins leads the conf. in 3pt FG percentage at 60% and Hawkins is 2nd in the conference at 3.3 per game following Bunn from Newman at 3.7 per game. It will be interesting to see how these last 3 or 4 games go before the winter break. Appears to be a lot of parity with NWMS still the team to beat. They have had an impressive start. The biggest upset so far is Northeastern St. winning at Missouri Southern. The most impressive win is NWMS beating an improved Lincoln team by 30 at home. Top newcomers are: Cameron Hunter(UCM)--5th in the league in scoring, 6th in assists and 3rd in steals. Sai Witt also has been impressive--8th in scoring and 5th in rebounding.

Bummer...

https://gogriffons.com/news/2020/12/...YxV8SW_OZ0YEWE

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
        RATS!

Comment

Fort Hays 81, Kansas State 68

not a bad start to week 3 for the MIAA!

congrats Tigers

Comment

Solid win for the Griffs.

Scored more points than Saturday. Also somehow managed to commit more fouls, this time a ton of them were on the offensive end. Perhaps a trend worth watching.

Comment

What is the protocol for teams that have someone who tests positive for Covid-19?

Comment

I think it is 14 days in quarantine for everyone that was in direct contact with the person that was positive. As an example, Emporia State Men last played on Sat, Nov. 28th. I assume they tested their team on Monday Nov. 30th. They probably found out that they had a positive(s) test on Tuesday or Wednesday Dec. 1st or 2nd. Their games on the 3rd, 5th and 10th were postponed. They are schedule to play Lincoln on Thursday, Dec. 17th which is around 14 or 15 days after they found the positive test. Trying to get all of those games made up is going to be difficult. Not sure of the exact protocol but it appears the team is out for 14 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Btech#3 View Post
                  I think it is 14 days in quarantine for everyone that was in direct contact with the person that was positive. As an example, Emporia State Men last played on Sat, Nov. 28th. I assume they tested their team on Monday Nov. 30th. They probably found out that they had a positive(s) test on Tuesday or Wednesday Dec. 1st or 2nd. Their games on the 3rd, 5th and 10th were postponed. They are schedule to play Lincoln on Thursday, Dec. 17th which is around 14 or 15 days after they found the positive test. Trying to get all of those games made up is going to be difficult. Not sure of the exact protocol but it appears the team is out for 14 days.
                  This is one of the big differences for basketball compared to football. If there's even one positive on a basketball team then the chances of the team being able to play is very small due to contact tracing. Basketball obviously has a smaller number of players with close contacts with virtually all the others and that will wipe out an entire team.

Comment

Comment

Week 3 is in the books! FHSU had the biggest week going 2-0 by beating Kansas State in a exhibition game and then winning at Newman on Sat to pick up their first conference win. COVID-19 is affecting things and especially the teams at the top of the conference. The MO West/NWMS game was postponed causing NWMS to play no games for the week and Emporia State did not play this week do to the virus. Washburn and MO West remained undefeated both going 1-0 for the week. Both had nice road wins with the Griffons hammering Northeastern St on the road and the Ichabods beating a hungry and talented Rogers state team on the road by 7. Four teams are still undefeated in the league with Washburn at 5-0, MO West at 4-0 and Emporia State (hasn't played since Nov. 28) at 3-0 and NWMS also at 3-0. Best Conference win of the week was Lincoln's 21 point win at home over Pittsburg State. Worst week was turned in by UNK. They lost on the road to both UCO and Newman as both picked up their first conference wins. On the Week 4!

Comment

I know we mostly focus on the men but NW beat Western in St. Joseph. That was NW first win @ Western in nearly 10 years. Best player on the team is a freshman, who hit the game winning shot. They did it with 2 starters out injured (and 1 additional projected starter who hasn't played this season due to injury). They are playing 4 or 5 freshman/sophomores a lot of minutes and have an 8 person recruiting class coming in. I think they will be a conference contender in 2 more years or so.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
                          I know we mostly focus on the men but NW beat Western in St. Joseph. That was NW first win @ Western in nearly 10 years. Best player on the team is a freshman, who hit the game winning shot. They did it with 2 starters out injured (and 1 additional projected starter who hasn't played this season due to injury). They are playing 4 or 5 freshman/sophomores a lot of minutes and have an 8 person recruiting class coming in. I think they will be a conference contender in 2 more years or so.
                          The Bearcat women are definitely making strides.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X