Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIAA--Week 4

Week 4 is a huge week in the conference with a full slate of games. Four games on Thurs, 2 more on Fri, 5 games on Sat and then a special 3 more on Sunday. The biggest games involve Missouri Southern hosting both NWMS and MO West on Thurs/Sat. MSSU appears to be playing better and they are always tough at home. MO West and NWMS put their undefeated records on the line. Emporia State and Washburn also have two interesting games as they both host UCM and Lincoln. How many undefeated teams will be left after those match-ups? Let's hope that everyone is able to play and that the MIAA will have completed these games before the holiday break.

Thursday's MSSU-NWMS game has been postponed until Feb 2 due to COVID issues at Northwest. Means MSSU will have had a 2-week break since their previous game before they play MoWest on Saturday. MSSU's next game after Saturday won't be until Jan 9 at Pitt State.

Comment

That's a bummer. This COVID things is probably going to get worse over the last 2 or 3 months of the season. I feel for the kids. All they want to do is play and most of them feel fine.

Comment

Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post
        Thursday's MSSU-NWMS game has been postponed until Feb 2 due to COVID issues at Northwest. Means MSSU will have had a 2-week break since their previous game before they play MoWest on Saturday. MSSU's next game after Saturday won't be until Jan 9 at Pitt State.
        Don't feel bad, NW last played on Dec. 5 and won't play again till Dec. 31.

Comment

Thepeman--If anyone can bounce back the Bearcats can. That is tough on the team and the coaches. Unfortunately, I think we are going to see a lot more of this in Jan. and Feb. It will be interesting how much of the schedule the MIAA will get in this season. That is a ton of games to make-up. Question--How much can they practice when they are in quarantine? Individuals work-outs or small group work-outs?

Comment

Originally posted by Thepeman View Post

Don't feel bad, NW last played on Dec. 5 and won't play again till Dec. 31.

UCM last played "Mules Basketball" on March 29, 2014. No idea when "Mules Basketball" will return.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post

UCM last played "Mules Basketball" on March 29, 2014. No idea when "Mules Basketball" will return.
              LOL

Comment

K's team loses by 20 at Washburn and they're in last place at 1-5 (as expected). I refuse to use the title of "Coach" or the term "Mules Basketball" anymore in reference to K. I thought his contract was up last year, but apparently not. Hopefully it's up this year and AD Jerry Hughes will send K on his way.

On a good note - Jennies basketball is in first place at 6-0.

Comment

Comment

UCM not sharing the ball (only 5 assists) and not much team chemistry is a reflection on the coach.

Comment

Interesting game last night in Pittsburg as Mo West was up by 16 at the 7:06 mark of the 2nd half only to lose in the closing seconds. Looks more and more like on any given night anyone can beat you. Two unbeatens fall on this night while WU keeps rolling along.
                      Last edited by Thepeman; 12-18-2020, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thepeman View Post
                        Interesting game last night in Pittsburg as Mo West was up by 16 at the 7:06 mark of the 2nd quarter only to lose in the closing seconds. Looks more and more like on any given night anyone can beat you. Two unbeatens fall on this night while WU keeps rolling along.
                        Good win for Pitt. I just saw the halftime score and was surprised the Gorillas came back. The games I've seen Missouri Western had closed out pretty well. We'll see how they bounce back at Southern.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post

It looks like most of the "K" bashers have given up. What's the use in beating a dead mule. "K" has turned a D2 national basketball power into a laughing stock. I hope when "K" is finally fired that he and AD Jerry Hughes are both booted out the door together. Hughes is responsible for letting this mess go on for seven years.
                          Last edited by Kiss My Ass; 12-19-2020, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Mules now 1-6. I'll shut up and get out of here.

Comment

Week 4 is in the books. Best win: Pittsburg St. over MO West handing the Griffons their first conference loss. Worst loss: Emporia State losing at home against Lincoln. The Blue Tigers get the win despite only having 7 players suited up for the game. Best Week: Fort Hays going 2-0 and getting back to .500 in the conference. On to Week 5!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X