4. Sioux Falls (1) - 27
    5T. Southwest Minnesota State - 26
    5T. Wayne State - 26
    7. Concordia-St. Paul - 25
    8. Upper Iowa - 7

North Division Preseason Player of the Year
    F - Brooke Olson, Minnesota-Duluth (JR)

- Named NSIC Player of the Year in 2019-20
    - Chosen as the D2CCA Region Player of the Year (2019-20)
    - Received All-America honors (1st team, WBCA; 4th team, Small College Hoops)
    - Played in 29 games, started in 26
    - Finished last year fourth in the NSIC in scoring (17.2 ppg), 15th in rebounding (6.4 rpg) and 2nd in FG percentage (51.9%)
    - Played an average of 16.6 minutes per game
    - Named to the NSIC All-Academic Team

South Division Preseason Player of the Yera
    F - Erin Norling, Wayne State (SR)

- Repeat selection last year to All-NSIC First Team after averaging 19.9 points and 8.0 rebounds per game while starting all 29 games at forward
    - Ranked second in the NSIC in scoring, fourth in rebounding, fifth in minutes played per game (33.6) and tied for eighth in blocks per game (1.0)
    - Scored in double-digits in every game and had four double-doubles last year with 15 games of 20 or more points scored
    - Became the 21st player in school history to record 1,000 career points
    - Repeat selection to CoSIDA Academic All-District VII First Team and received NSIC All-Academic Team of Excellence honors for the second straight year

Comment

MSU vs Augustana series pushed back a day to Saturday/Sunday this weekend.

Comment

Robert Vaughn wins another game to add to his victory total. He must have own that key to victory sign that is at midcourt- looks like the ring that Berger shows to Victor Lazlo in Casablanca. I've never seen Joey Batt shoot so poorly as last night, I wonder what the deal is with Fett? She didn't do anything at Bemidji and very little last night. Injured or sick?

Comment

Well, my computer feed said that the game was over but my Twitter feed said that they are in OT.

I'll go and wash the egg off of my face and see if it comes in now.
          Last edited by laker; 01-10-2021, 06:01 PM.

Comment

MSU wins in OT. Batt with 28 after a sub par shooting night yesterday. Typical MSU-Augie game.

Comment

MSU vs Wayne series pushed back a day to Saturday/Sunday again this weekend.

Comment

Three unbeatens remain. Two of them were predictable. Nice to see the Lady Stangs off to a hot start.

Comment

Lady Stangs beat Mavs in Kato. Reinhardt who played together with Joey Batt in New Ulm hit the one thousand mark.

According to Chad Courrier, 6'5" junior center Kristi Fett has left the program. She started one of six games and was averaging 5.2 points and 4.7 rebounds.

I haven't heard why, I just noticed that after starting last year that her time and effectiveness was reduced this season.

Comment

Today's Augie @ Winona game has been cancelled due to COVID.

https://twitter.com/NorthernSunConf/...739573764?s=19

Comment

https://northernsun.org/calendar.aspx?path=wbball

Comment

I don't think I have ever seen the Green Lady Beavers this high in the standings this many games into the season. Hopefully this is a good sign for their program.
                        Millsy

Comment

Originally posted by Millsy View Post
                          I don't think I have ever seen the Green Lady Beavers this high in the standings this many games into the season. Hopefully this is a good sign for their program.
                          Chelsey seems to be doing quite a job. The first weekend when the Mav women split up there, losing a close one and then winning in OT, I thought things were much worse than they are. But BSU has done well.

I see that UMD is ranked 8th nationally at 3-0. I don't think that we will be looking at a stellar NSIC postseason run. But who knows with all of this uncertainty.

Comment

The Minnesota State women's basketball road games at Sioux Falls, which were scheduled for Friday and Saturday, have been cancelled due to COVID-19 testing protocols. Per NSIC scheduling guidelines for this season, the games between the Mavericks and the Cougars will not be rescheduled.

The Minnesota State women's basketball team owns a 4-4 record, including a 3-3 NSIC record this season.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Chelsey seems to be doing quite a job. The first weekend when the Mav women split up there, losing a close one and then winning in OT, I thought things were much worse than they are. But BSU has done well.

I see that UMD is ranked 8th nationally at 3-0. I don't think that we will be looking at a stellar NSIC postseason run. But who knows with all of this uncertainty.
                              Losing to both BSU and SMSU used to be quite a death sentence, but not so much anymore.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X