Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northern State Wolves 2019-2020

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    Then you should look at who our posts were...they were not 7 foot slow guys. Balcome showed that in HS, maybe it would have translated to college and maybe it wouldn't. Like I said he was also a guy that could knock down a three at 6'10". Depth is nice at any position. We saw it when Doyle and Evans got in foul trouble and we had to play Decker two years in the 17-18 season. He wasnt very good that year and still was better than having no one to step in to that spot. Thankfully Decker had a nice year and Fox was able to develop nicely at a new position this past season.
    No debate that northern has had some of best D2 big guys in the country in recent past. My point is that nsu may be forced at some point to play more like many other successful teams who win without great posts. Of course, any team would prefer to have great posts rather than not. I think you have been spoiled at northern in recent past with such good posts and may be struggling with the thought of potentially playing a different style of game in the future??

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
      No debate that northern has had some of best D2 big guys in the country in recent past. My point is that nsu may be forced at some point to play more like many other successful teams who win without great posts. Of course, any team would prefer to have great posts rather than not. I think you have been spoiled at northern in recent past with such good posts and may be struggling with the thought of potentially playing a different style of game in the future??
      He was third in line so not struggling with a different style at all. It will be the same Northern basketball as it has been just potentially not as many wins this coming year.

Comment

He was third in line so not struggling with a different style at all. It will be the same Northern basketball as it has been just potentially not as many wins this coming year.
        Pretty sure northern will have plenty of wins next year. They have a lot of talent coming back. If nsu pg plays well they will play with anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
          Pretty sure northern will have plenty of wins next year. They have a lot of talent coming back. If nsu pg plays well they will play with anyone.
          Depending on who that is next year. I thought Augie already won next years season and tourney title?

Comment

Depending on who that is next year. I thought Augie already won next years season and tourney title?
            Augie will be very good, in my opinion. Moorhead has a problem with post I have been describing with Jesse bergh. One of biggest players in conference. Tons of potential. Can have problem getting out to guard ball screens on perimeter, etc. Closer to the basket...rebounding and blocking shots he can be difference maker. Needs to improve his defense.

Comment

Augie already won next years season and tourney title
              Thank you for speaking it into existence.

Comment

Comment

;)

Comment

Wow....some excited news just come out!!!

Comment

Wow....some excited news just come out!!!
                      WOW!!! Been waiting for a long time to hear if he was going to commit! Welcome Tommy!!

Comment

Originally posted by Swisher View Post
                        WOW!!! Been waiting for a long time to hear if he was going to commit! Welcome Tommy!!
                        I expected this about six months ago...after October past I was starting to get worried. Very exciting news.

Comment

Originally posted by Swisher View Post

Comment

The Wolves already have two offers out for the incoming 2020 class.

Austin Andrews- 6'5" PF from Eden Prairie, MN
                            Also offered by St. Cloud, Duluth, Moorhead, Concordia

Nathan Heise- 6'4" PG/SG of Lake City, MN
                            Also offered by Duluth
                            Add Andrew Bergan - 6'6" SF/PF of Abereen, SD
                            Also offered by Missouri Western

Comment

Also of note, Matt Hammer expected to be named the head coach at Colorado State-Pueblo.

Comment

Add Andrew Bergan - 6'6" SF/PF of Abereen, SD
                                Also offered by Missouri Western
                                A fight that'll tear apart the Northern fans also loyal to Sunny.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X