Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• As close to an irreplaceable loss as you can get given the players Northern also lost to graduation. Stark and Fox might average 50ppg between them

Comment

• Idk about irreplaceable. Provided Jaylen is healthy and eligible we'll be fine. With the addition of Bergan along with seven incoming freshman whom I would assume we will get production out of atleast one of them I'm not exactly worried. Never good to loose talent and the potential seemed to be there to really become a good player. Too bad but wish him well. If they don't want to be with you then you shouldn't want to be with them.

Comment

• Tommy made it Twitter official noting for a possibility of returning. Either way, hope the best for him.
          Last edited by NSU4LIFE; 06-23-2020, 04:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
            Tommy made it Twitter official noting for a possibility of returning. Either way, hope the best for him.
            Yeah saw early May he tweeted about coming back to Aberdeen. Not sure what to think here.

Comment

• I'm not optimistic he will return, but I REALLY hope Tommy decides to stay. He was pretty good from day one on campus and improved quite a bit over his first season. I was really looking forward to seeing him play 4 years in Aberdeen. He does so many things well and he is a guy that just makes your team better.

Comment

• I will definitely be interested to see where he ends up. While I recognize that he certainly was a good player, I don't think anyone would disagree that he was probably at the right place and right level with Northern and Division II. Maybe there are plenty of D1 teams trying to fill a spot with a player like him, but he only shot 28% from the three-point line and has a 1.4 to 1 assist-to-turnover ratio. For a starting guard, those aren't exactly 1st team all-conference stats. Unless his goal is to just stay D2 but be at a school closer to home or something along those lines. But I don't really know why you would leave Northern just to go to a different D2.

Of course, after posting this, he'll probably end up coming back to Northern and going 8-9 from three with 14 assists the next time he plays Augie.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                  I will definitely be interested to see where he ends up. While I recognize that he certainly was a good player, I don't think anyone would disagree that he was probably at the right place and right level with Northern and Division II. Maybe there are plenty of D1 teams trying to fill a spot with a player like him, but he only shot 28% from the three-point line and has a 1.4 to 1 assist-to-turnover ratio. For a starting guard, those aren't exactly 1st team all-conference stats. Unless his goal is to just stay D2 but be at a school closer to home or something along those lines. But I don't really know why you would leave Northern just to go to a different D2.

Of course, after posting this, he'll probably end up coming back to Northern and going 8-9 from three with 14 assists the next time he plays Augie.
                  If i remember correctly I think USD recruited him. But, i agree with your post completely. I will always wish someone well for choosing to do whats right for them, but if he were to go somewhere in the NSIC all bets are off of course.

Comment

If i remember correctly I think USD recruited him. But, i agree with your post completely. I will always wish someone well for choosing to do whats right for them, but if he were to go somewhere in the NSIC all bets are off of course.
                    Seeing as the honorable Todd Lee has already poached three D2 kids in the past two years, I certainly wouldn't put it past him to add another one to his roster.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

Seeing as the honorable Todd Lee has already poached three D2 kids in the past two years, I certainly wouldn't put it past him to add another one to his roster.
                      Evidently Mr. Lee is struggling to maintain pace in the Low Major recruiting war.

Comment

• What about St. Thomas as a landing spot? He would get to play close to home, and he can say he played DI basketball. He would seem to be a good candidate for the kind of player a school in transition needs. He's a borderline DI-DII player with promise, and he seemed like an unselfish, team-oriented guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue Ridge Viking View Post
                          What about St. Thomas as a landing spot? He would get to play close to home, and he can say he played DI basketball. He would seem to be a good candidate for the kind of player a school in transition needs. He's a borderline DI-DII player with promise, and he seemed like an unselfish, team-oriented guy.
                          Obviously it's possible, but they aren't even officially D1 yet (haven't technically been approved, even through the waiver process), and will at least still be D3 this coming year, and after that he would only get two years of playing transitional D1 basketball, which I can't imagine is the most appealing option.

Then again, D1 seems to be the only thing any player has on his mind these days, so it's certainly not out of the question. And people wonder why Augie doesn't want to stay D2 forever.

Comment

Idk about irreplaceable. Provided Jaylen is healthy and eligible we'll be fine. With the addition of Bergan along with seven incoming freshman whom I would assume we will get production out of atleast one of them I'm not exactly worried. Never good to loose talent and the potential seemed to be there to really become a good player. Too bad but wish him well. If they don't want to be with you then you shouldn't want to be with them.
                            I forgot about Bergan, he should be able to replace some of the size and shooting Dahl/King provided. I'll have to see more than four games from Robinson before he's capable of replacing Chatman.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSUguy View Post

Probably to Northern State
                              Winner

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X