Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
    Michael Schaefer throws down an unnecessary but still fun two hand slam, falls flat on his face after releasing the rim, and bounces back up like nothing happened. Augie completes the sweep. Onto Mankato
    Video of Schaefer's wild ride:

https://twitter.com/thejasonmharris/...416834058?s=19

Comment

• Comment

• 100% thought the same thing at the start of the Augie game today. I get the "why" of it in terms of Covid precautions and everything (I would assume refs are undergoing testing similar to what the teams and coaches are undergoing each week), but I think it's going to be sort of an unspoken issue for teams to have to deal with, especially for the coaches who aren't exactly famous for sitting quietly on the sidelines or players like the aforementioned Parker Fox who tend to be very enthusiastic and confident on the court.

Comment

• I have an "uninformed opinion." I know you used the word "gifted" and you may be right, but I had the ultimate challenge of trying to put the clamps on many NSU All-Americans and ERIC KLINE was our/my most difficult. Helplessly watching him rise 38" in the air from 25' from the away and swishing it time after time made me a believer.

Comment

• Originally posted by CoachSalscheider View Post

I have an "uninformed opinion." I know you used the word "gifted" and you may be right, but I had the ultimate challenge of trying to put the clamps on many NSU All-Americans and ERIC KLINE was our/my most difficult. Helplessly watching him rise 38" in the air from 25' from the away and swishing it time after time made me a believer.
            Yes, I absolutely agree with you. There were 2 caveats in my post, #1 as you noted I said "gifted". Athletically I don't think Northern has ever seen someone like Parker. I've heard stories of Scott Basanko being a freak athlete and Eric Kline is still the best player to ever put on a Wolves jersey. But that brings me to #2, "that I've ever seen". I've only been really following NSU for about the last 20 years (jeez, that sounds like a long time when I type it out). There have probably been some better basketball players at NSU in that time as well, but none as naturally gifted as Fox.

Comment

• https://t.co/YB06Wl5Fps

Nice start

Comment

• Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                Eesh. That sucks. That's going to be a huge bummer for teams that are legitimately in the hunt for a regional bid. I believe you need at least 10 total games played to even qualify for the regional. A few weekends against teams with Covid issues and your season is basically screwed.

I suppose that's the downside of the whole playing the same team twice each weekend. For example, if you only had Winona one night like the normal schedule and the next night were scheduled against a team that isn't dealing with Covid issues, at least you get a chance to play a minimum of one game that weekend instead of both being cancelled automatically.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

Eesh. That sucks. That's going to be a huge bummer for teams that are legitimately in the hunt for a regional bid. I believe you need at least 10 total games played to even qualify for the regional. A few weekends against teams with Covid issues and your season is basically screwed.

I suppose that's the downside of the whole playing the same team twice each weekend. For example, if you only had Winona one night like the normal schedule and the next night were scheduled against a team that isn't dealing with Covid issues, at least you get a chance to play a minimum of one game that weekend instead of both being cancelled automatically.

Comment

• The UMD/Minot men's series is off.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Peacock View Post
                      Great first game for UIU 107-84 win over SCSU. All 5 starters in double figures - a little sloppy by both teams the first 8-9 minutes, but then UIU went on a little run sparked by some great defense. Lucas Duax and Joe Smoldt with 17 each, Hilmer with 16 and 7 assists. Need to carry that same defensive energy over to tomorrow!
                      I love the style Brooks teams play as a Fan!

love the up and down. love the reckless abandon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                        Jeff Kaminsky continues to be the most under appreciated coach in the league
                        very good coach!

Comment

• you must be young. Parker is really really good! But not even top 5 of the guys I have seen play iin a disliked Wolves uniform.

Comment

• really good to watch Mustang hoops again! Fun to have games

lots of positives. One negative. I don't remember one Mustang hitting the floor for a loose ball in 2 games. That needs to change

Comment

• SMSU and Minot might as well play again this weekend. Makes no sense for them both to sit home and not play. Common sense says this is a no brainer

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
                                SMSU and Minot might as well play again this weekend. Makes no sense for them both to sit home and not play. Common sense says this is a no brainer
                                Better ask the BIG. Only if Nebraska didn't have the idea first.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X