Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by laker View Post

Three can play this game (I have Bentley the cat in my lap and he agrees). In the spirit of participation trophies, six from the NSIC.

Comment

I am joking. I figured that you were too.

And don't call me Shirley.

Comment

Originally posted by Btech#3 View Post
        I think it would be fair to give us 8, especially with all three leagues playing. I hope you are right, that even though they cut it to 48 that the regions won't have the same number.
        I asked the Augie AD about this on Saturday and he said it will be 6 per region despite the fact that there are not an equal amount of teams playing in each region. Thats the rub of the green in these unprecedented times.

Comment

So back to my question toward the start of this thread... does anyone know how the judgment criteria will work?

Right now Augie is 4-2 and USF is 4-0. Will the committee weigh those 2 losses more heavily against Augie than if they hadn't played the games at all? Or will USF not playing two more games be counted against their resume?

I'm just wondering how catastrophic these Mankato losses will be for the Vikes as the season goes on.

Or has someone already answered this and I missed it/forgot?

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
            So back to my question toward the start of this thread... does anyone know how the judgment criteria will work?

Right now Augie is 4-2 and USF is 4-0. Will the committee weigh those 2 losses more heavily against Augie than if they hadn't played the games at all? Or will USF not playing two more games be counted against their resume?

I'm just wondering how catastrophic these Mankato losses will be for the Vikes as the season goes on.

Or has someone already answered this and I missed it/forgot?
            Those two losses sucked but they're not the end of the world.

Teams will play more games, some will win, some will lose. At the end of the season three teams will earn automatic bids, three teams will earn at large bids. Based on past history four or five of those teams will deserve to be there and one or two will cause debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

Those two losses sucked but they're not the end of the world.

Teams will play more games, some will win, some will lose. At the end of the season three teams will earn automatic bids, three teams will earn at large bids. Based on past history four or five of those teams will deserve to be there and one or two will cause debate.
              I'm guessing this year looks a little different. I am guessing since we only have 6 teams making the tournament that all of them will deserve it and some of those left out will deserve it as well. Especially considering we only get 6 spots for 42 teams in our region while other regions only have 13 teams playing and also get 6 spots.

Comment

There will be plenty of gripes at the end of February. The NSIC as of now isn't going to have a conference tourney, are the other conferences? Will that help or hinder them? Safe to say, if you want a chance to get in it is best to finish top two in the conference standings. Every loss is crucial, every win is crucial. If you get to three losses (though plenty of season left) you can likely kiss postseason goodbye.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                  There will be plenty of gripes at the end of February. The NSIC as of now isn't going to have a conference tourney, are the other conferences? Will that help or hinder them? Safe to say, if you want a chance to get in it is best to finish top two in the conference standings. Every loss is crucial, every win is crucial. If you get to three losses (though plenty of season left) you can likely kiss postseason goodbye.
                  This is fake news. NSIC is planning a conference tourney for the top 8 teams at the end of February.

https://northernsun.org/sports/2020/...px?path=mbball

Comment

This is fake news. NSIC is planning a conference tourney for the top 8 teams at the end of February.

https://northernsun.org/sports/2020/...px?path=mbball
                    Crazy, I just looked all over the other day and couldn't find anything in archives or on the schedule. Absolutely thrilling. Thanks

Looking back now I clearly didn't look very hard.
                    Last edited by NSU4LIFE; 01-19-2021, 09:53 AM.

Comment

No south teams will make it this year then.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

But what if USF ends the season at 4-0?

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Well first off, that's fine with me.

Secondly, this was said before I was informed that there is indeed a conference tourney.

Lastly, the South has five out of eight teams with two or less losses, not sure why it would be out of the question to assume at least one finishes with less than three losses.

Comment

IN!

Comment

Well first off, that's fine with me.

Secondly, this was said before I was informed that there is indeed a conference tourney.

Lastly, the South has five out of eight teams with two or less losses, not sure why it would be out of the question to assume at least one finishes with less than three losses.
                              at least

Comment

We claim a Natty CFB style
                                4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
                                2016 NSIC Champions
                                🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X