Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Lastly, the South has five out of eight teams with two or less losses, not sure why it would be out of the question to assume at least one finishes with less than three losses.
      Three of those five had a full weekend postponed against another South opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

Three of those five had a full weekend postponed against another South opponent.
        Yes...I know this

Comment

I stole this from TSU_Mike59 in another thread as I had not heard this info. Looks like the GAC will not be in our Region this year. I like that this balances out the Regions better for this year.

https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources...-championships
          Atlantic MEC/12 G-MAC/12* PSAC/3 CIAA/0 27 (15)
          Central MIAA/14 NSIC/16 30 (42)
          East ECC/6 CACC/7 NE10/1 14 (14)
          Midwest GLIAC/12 GLVC/15 27 (39)
          South GSC/13 PBC/12* SSC/3 28 (25)
          South Central LSC/16 GAC/12* 28 (30)
          Southeast SAC/13 CC/11 SIAC/9* 33 (36)
          West RMAC/14* PWC/11 GNAC/2 CCAA/0 27 (13)

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
            I stole this from TSU_Mike59 in another thread as I had not heard this info. Looks like the GAC will not be in our Region this year. I like that this balances out the Regions better for this year.

Atlantic MEC/12 G-MAC/12* PSAC/3 CIAA/0 27 (15)
            Central MIAA/14 NSIC/16 30 (42)
            East ECC/6 CACC/7 NE10/1 14 (14)
            Midwest GLIAC/12 GLVC/15 27 (39)
            South GSC/13 PBC/12* SSC/3 28 (25)
            South Central LSC/16 GAC/12* 28 (30)
            Southeast SAC/13 CC/11 SIAC/9* 33 (36)
            West RMAC/14* PWC/11 GNAC/2 CCAA/0 27 (13)
            Interesting.....thanks for posting that. I had not heard that

Comment

I also heard that the regional may be played at a neutral site. Has anyone else heard that?

Comment

News looks like they are shifting a couple conferences around to balance the regions for this year only. GAC is bumped over to South Central with the LSC.

Comment

Will be interesting to see who makes the Regional now with only 6 teams. Unless there is a complete meltdown it looks like NW, Washburn, and NSU should be in. Moorhead is looking likely. After that, it is a jumble of mediocrity for the last 2 spots. Lincoln and Missouri Western were looking favorable until the last week or so. Lincoln went 0-3 and Western is on a 5 game losing streak.

Will be interesting the see how they decide last 2 teams out of that mess. If one of those teams in the middle gets hot down the stretch then they will most likely make it in.

Comment

More info on selection criteria can be found in this manual

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/cha...ampsManual.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by schnautza View Post
                      More info on selection criteria can be found in this manual

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/cha...ampsManual.pdf
                      That can't be quite right. They left out the part about Mankato getting an auto-bid. #stillbitter #2019

Comment

Will be interesting to see who makes the Regional now with only 6 teams. Unless there is a complete meltdown it looks like NW, Washburn, and NSU should be in. Moorhead is looking likely. After that, it is a jumble of mediocrity for the last 2 spots. Lincoln and Missouri Western were looking favorable until the last week or so. Lincoln went 0-3 and Western is on a 5 game losing streak.

Will be interesting the see how they decide last 2 teams out of that mess. If one of those teams in the middle gets hot down the stretch then they will most likely make it in.
                        For sake of discussion, I will assume each conference gets 3 teams. Northern is almost a lock in nsic. It appears at the moment that Moorhead, Sioux Falls, Wayne St. and Mankato fighting for last 2 spots...Upper Iowa also has good chance with strong finish. Augustana has shot, but maybe more of long shot at this point.
                        Last edited by Moorhead123; 02-08-2021, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cat fan View Post

That can't be quite right. They left out the part about Mankato getting an auto-bid. #stillbitter #2019
                          The easiest explanation for that is.... 0-2 :)

Comment

Comment

If they take 3 from each conference then yes. But being a couple games over .500 doesn't scream Regional team to me. It will be difficult to compare a 12-9 team from the MIAA to a 10-8 team from the NSIC (just using as examples). About the only way to do it would be to go straight by conference standings.

Comment

If they take 3 from each conference then yes. But being a couple games over .500 doesn't scream Regional team to me. It will be difficult to compare a 12-9 team from the MIAA to a 10-8 team from the NSIC (just using as examples). About the only way to do it would be to go straight by conference standings.
                                Agree. With no crossover games, it just about has to be 3 and 3 instead of 4 and 2, unless you just have some obvious separation, say four teams in one league at .600 or better and only two teams in the other conference over .500.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X