Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post

For sake of discussion, I will assume each conference gets 3 teams. Northern is almost a lock in nsic. It appears at the moment that Moorhead, Sioux Falls, Wayne St. and Mankato fighting for last 2 spots...Upper Iowa also has good chance with strong finish. Augustana has shot, but maybe more of long shot at this point.
    Stop trying to make Augie sound like anything resembling Regional team just because the swept Moorhead

Comment

Augie finishes regular season 4-0 and they are definitely in the mix. Let me know any time I can help cheer you up.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
        Augie finishes regular season 4-0 and they are definitely in the mix. Let me know any time I can help cheer you up.
        I'll be thankful if Augie wins out and makes the conference tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

I'll be thankful if Augie wins out and makes the conference tournament.
          Augie a lock for conference tournament if they win out.

Comment

I quickly skimmed through the replies here, so I may be repeating this, but I'm pretty sure Andy Peterson, AD at NW, stated that NW will not apply to host the regional as NW will be unable to meet the minimum requirements needed to host this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman View Post
              I quickly skimmed through the replies here, so I may be repeating this, but I'm pretty sure Andy Peterson, AD at NW, stated that NW will not apply to host the regional as NW will be unable to meet the minimum requirements needed to host this season.
              Happens to be a year in which the regional dates dont overlap with the SD state B tourney in Aberdeen...FWIW

Comment

I'm not sure that's entirely accurate. My understanding is they can meet the requirements but they may choose not to apply to host because of all the requirements that will be in place. If your team is in the running to host and has the capabilities to do so then I think the school should make every effort to do so.

Comment

I believe that I heard from someone that the host site is responsible for the costs of the daily testing for everyone involved. That along with minimal crowds being allowed really does make it cost prohibitive.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Official - Northern State to host.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

I'm not sure that's entirely accurate. My understanding is they can meet the requirements but they may choose not to apply to host because of all the requirements that will be in place. If your team is in the running to host and has the capabilities to do so then I think the school should make every effort to do so.
                          Found what I remembered being out there. From Brandon Zenner's twitter 12/7/20 - Just finished speaking with Northwest AD Andy Peterson. He expects the NCAA to predetermine regional sites for basketball based on bids but in place and doesn't expect Maryville to meet NCAA standards. He said he'd be interested in teaming with Western to host at Civic Arena.

So NW could apply but wouldn't qualify....

Comment

https://www.ncaa.com/news/ncaa/artic...regional-sites

Comment

Pretty cool to be hosting the regional for wrestling and for men's hoops. Would be way more cool with a packed arena though. :(

Comment

Northern State won a regional in Maryville... I guess it's time to return the favor. ;)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X