Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Taxman View Post

Found what I remembered being out there. From Brandon Zenner's twitter 12/7/20 - Just finished speaking with Northwest AD Andy Peterson. He expects the NCAA to predetermine regional sites for basketball based on bids but in place and doesn't expect Maryville to meet NCAA standards. He said he'd be interested in teaming with Western to host at Civic Arena.

So NW could apply but wouldn't qualify....
    In the last 2 days I've had multiple conversations with people in the know. None expressed concern that NW couldn't meet the qualifications. Look at who chairs the regional committee and you may be able to see the writing on the wall considering these are being pre-determined and not based on records, PI, etc.

EDIT: Here's the bid checklist. Nothing really out of the ordinary considering all that has been done this year with COVID.
    https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/cha...dChecklist.pdf
    Last edited by NWHoops; 02-12-2021, 12:44 PM.

Comment

I've been told a possibility (for now) of 25% capacity. We shall see where we are a month from now. If the upstairs bleachers are brought back into action that makes a seating capacity of 8,000 so cross your fingers all who hope to attend.

Comment

I think the size of the venue at Northern State is a good thing for all of us that want to go. Hopefully Washburn will be in and I hope if only 2000 can attend that they give a minimum number of tickets to each school.

Comment

Originally posted by Btech#3 View Post
          I think the size of the venue at Northern State is a good thing for all of us that want to go. Hopefully Washburn will be in and I hope if only 2000 can attend that they give a minimum number of tickets to each school.
          As far as tickets go...how did Northwest handle it the past few years?

Comment

That was my beef at Northwest. Our game ended, and we were told to move for game 2, but we had no seats to move to. We had tickets for both games just like everybody else. Frankly, we got to the arena first. But as Northwest ushers lined up fans to take our seats, we had nowhere to move to.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

As far as tickets go...how did Northwest handle it the past few years?
              Each school must be allotted 150-200 tickets (I forget the exact number) under normal capacity. It doesn't matter if the school uses them all or not. They have to be allotted to each school for each game they play.

EDIT: That's mandated by the NCAA.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post

That was my beef at Northwest. Our game ended, and we were told to move for game 2, but we had no seats to move to. We had tickets for both games just like everybody else. Frankly, we got to the arena first. But as Northwest ushers lined up fans to take our seats, we had nowhere to move to.
                With reduced capacity likely, that's going to be an issue for virtually any school hosting this year.

Comment

Good to know. I think 150 to 200 tickets for each team is plenty. I wonder if they will decrease that amount due to the 20% of capacity requirement or whatever it is in South Dakota.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

With reduced capacity likely, that's going to be an issue for virtually any school hosting this year.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Btech#3 View Post
                        Good to know. I think 150 to 200 tickets for each team is plenty. I wonder if they will decrease that amount due to the 20% of capacity requirement or whatever it is in South Dakota.
                        If it were up to almost anybody in South Dakota the place would be packed. Capacity will only be limited by what the NCAA mandates.

Comment

I would be surprised to see too many visiting fans in Aberdeen given everything you mentioned. Demand for the NSU and general admission tickets will be very high. Whatever capacity is allowed will be met.

Comment

Winter weather....psh...

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X