Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSIC - week 2

SMSU and Minot men completing the home-and-home this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
      Glad things are back. Now we just need some more updates from Lakers farm. Hope all is well with everyone.
      Crows have scared up an owl in the grove. Or maybe it is just Parker Fox up in that maple tree.

Bentley the cat has had a reaction to his flea collar- his hair around his neck has fallen out. Brothers Hunter (white) and Gary (gold) are sleeping next to each other. Sable the momma cat has overcome her feral ways and is sitting on my lap as I type. Baraboo is enjoying the empty box that he found.

I can hear the metallic sounds of the ethanol plant in Buffalo Lake being dismantled in Buffalo Lake, two miles away. Meanwhile a grain train is being loaded at the elevator- I can see the locomotive south of my place. Usually they fill 110 cars at a time on the sidetrack before sending them out. I just wish that they had made it even longer- all the way to Hector would have been fine.

I'm disappointed with the start for both the MSU men and women. But I'm sure that this season will have setbacks for everyone. At least I can still go on my two mile walks without wading waist deep uphill both ways barefoot into the wind. Before you know it it will be tournament time, which of course means tournament storm...............

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Crows have scared up an owl in the grove. Or maybe it is just Parker Fox up in that maple tree.

Bentley the cat has had a reaction to his flea collar- his hair around his neck has fallen out. Brothers Hunter (white) and Gary (gold) are sleeping next to each other. Sable the momma cat has overcome her feral ways and is sitting on my lap as I type. Baraboo is enjoying the empty box that he found.

I can hear the metallic sounds of the ethanol plant in Buffalo Lake being dismantled in Buffalo Lake, two miles away. Meanwhile a grain train is being loaded at the elevator- I can see the locomotive south of my place. Usually they fill 110 cars at a time on the sidetrack before sending them out. I just wish that they had made it even longer- all the way to Hector would have been fine.

I'm disappointed with the start for both the MSU men and women. But I'm sure that this season will have setbacks for everyone. At least I can still go on my two mile walks without wading waist deep uphill both ways barefoot into the wind. Before you know it it will be tournament time, which of course means tournament storm...............
        I feel right, now.

expected the men to be inconsistent to start, but was surprised to see the ladies struggle as much as they did

Comment

Hot take for week 2: Mavs and Augie split this weekend.

Comment

Doubleheaders: Storytime

"A long, long time ago, I can still remember...." OK Laker and others, those are the words of _____ from the #1 hit song _________. Well...when I took the head basketball coaching job at Eastern Wyoming JC back in 1978 (I was just 26), our president at the time, Dr. Chuck Rogers, wanted me to promote the idea of playing conference doubleheaders (Friday/Saturday nights at the same location with no home/home series). I knew nothing about hockey and didn't realize they did such a thing (wow, then I took the BSU job 3 years later). I realized the cost savings, yet thought it was a tough way to navigate schedules (some years favorable, others not). I must confess, I proclaimed my president's wishes but with little luster. That idea never got off the ground, but I see it in play during these covid-19 times.

Although not in the forefront of my mind, I do recall doing some stat-work on back to back and series games. Especially with middle-of-the-pack teams, it was hard to sweep (both weekends and series), and oftentimes, the outcome of the next game was slightly dependent on what happened the night before or last time. Although I don't have the data before me, my recollection was about 10% of the time there was an effect. The crux of the concept was if a team didn't play well the night before, they were going to come out harder the following night. Sometimes players would say, "We should beat these guys, they lost to Crookston last night." So I would try to counter that mentality with a slightly over-aggressive approach. Not saying I was successful at it, but I gave it a try.

As I think about playing the same team twice (back-to-back) memories of what happened just 18-20 hours before would even be stronger and emotions higher. With video access, making corrections would be easier than waiting to play them a month later. Even though I was pleased BSU got a solid win Friday at Mankato, I had very little confidence we would sweep (nothing against my team, it's just hard). Although not up to a hypothesis, I suspect there will be more splits than in previous years partially due to playing an opponent back to back, but the no fans and no previous day or same-day travel should reduce the traditional home-court advantage some. ...Just a few thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by CoachSalscheider View Post
              Doubleheaders: Storytime

"A long, long time ago, I can still remember...." OK Laker and others, those are the words of _____ from the #1 hit song________
              And the Jester is still on the sideline- only wearing a mask, instead of a cast!

Comment

Very good Laker. Hang in there everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
                  Hot take for week 2: Mavs and Augie split this weekend.
                  Always look forward to these games. Mavs have size on the wing that Moorhead does not so Augie will feel the absence of LeBrun if he's still out. Really looking forward to Riemersma vs Kramer, if Tyler's 3pt rebirth continues that will force a lot of unintentionally hilarious Kramer close outs and mouth breathing. Most of all seeing the Mavs without my beloved Corvon Seales will be a harsh slap in the face.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

Always look forward to these games. Mavs have size on the wing that Moorhead does not so Augie will feel the absence of LeBrun if he's still out. Really looking forward to Riemersma vs Kramer, if Tyler's 3pt rebirth continues that will force a lot of unintentionally hilarious Kramer close outs and mouth breathing. Most of all seeing the Mavs without my beloved Corvon Seales will be a harsh slap in the face.

Comment

I know this is not the football forum, but I thought I would share this about BSU's Gunner Olszewski being named to the AP NFL All-Pro Special Teams

https://www.bemidjipioneer.com/sport...L-All-Pro-Team

Comment

The MSU intros and lights has the crowd going crazy.

Comment

Apparently we are the Northern State Huskies now....lol

Comment

We've got a Matt Cartwright sighting in Mankato!!

Comment

Quincy Anderson just made one from Lake Crystal, great matchup with him going at Fink

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X